AN/ARC-210 Radio

Flagrum

10 hours ago, nessuno0505 said:

What happened to this radio?

I'm wondering as well. Since the release of the Tank Killer module there has been a strict radio silence. :huh:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 6

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Don't think we've heard anything since the 2021 Roadmap which is pretty vague time wise just slating it as coming in 2021

The Hawg is already nearly complete, but we do plan to deliver some additional features in 2021 that include the ARC-210 radio, updates to the Tactical Awareness Display (TAD), changes to optically guided Maverick slewing, and the long version of the AN/ALQ-184 ECM pod. 

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

I'm wondering as well. Since release of the Tank Killer module there has been solid a radio silence. :huh:

touché

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

15 hours ago, Snoopy said:

Hmm....why was a thread about a promised feature moved to the wishlist section?

Now that's a really good question! :huh:

• Like 6

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

16 hours ago, Snoopy said:

Hmm....why was a thread about a promised feature moved to the wishlist section?

Hmm odd. Not even a response either, just marked as "coming later" .
In the meantime here's some the ARC-210 shots we've already seen to stare at (looking back now the fact the old radio is on but the ARC-210 isn't should have set my hopes for how far along the ARC-210 was at release 😆)
QnCtXRg.png7ZLhq9L.png

2 hours ago, Taco-Taylor said:

just marked as "coming later" .

Oh, indeed! Well, that's something at least...

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 5 months later...

Anyone knows about its status rn?

On 4/11/2021 at 4:45 PM, nessuno0505 said:

If it's coming - even if "later" - it shouldn't be a wish, anyway...

FW190A8|FW190D9|F14|F15C|F18|A-10C|AV8B|BS2|UH1H|Mi8|Gazelle|Persian Gulf|Normandie|Eurofighter Typhoon

There is general radio silence regarding the A-10C II as it seems, not limited to the ARC-210. No roadmap, no patches, no updates from the wishlist. I hope the hog will get some love in the near future again. But ED is too busy with other modules at the moment I assume. I do not blame them, but some expectation management would be very welcome now. 

Edited by Hive
  • Like 5

• ED Team

As stated by Wags it will come later in development, as soon as we have free dev time it will be implemented.

thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The original A-10C module can monitor 3 frequencies simultaneously (1x VHF AM, 1x UHF, and 1x VHF FM).

Radio 1: AN/ARC-186(V) - VHF AM (116.00-151.975MHz)

Radio 2: AN/ARC-164 - UHF (225.000-399.975 MHz)

Radio 3: AN/ARC-186(V) - VHF FM (36.000-76.000 MHz)

The completed A-10C II module should be able to monitor 4 frequencies simultaneously, without the same limitations. You could, for example, simultaneously monitor 124.000, 127.250, 255.975, and 41.000.

Radio 1: AN/ARC-210 - Dual Channel VHF FM/AM & UHF (36.000-399.975MHz)

Radio 2: AN/ARC-164 - UHF (225.000-399.975 MHz)

Radio 3: AN/ARC-186(V) - VHF FM (36.000-76.00MHz)

Edited by SJBMX
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 10/3/2021 at 6:32 PM, Alpiinoo said:

What is the difference between radios?

Exact capabilities the ARC-210 will provide depends on what version of it we get and to what level the core DCS underlying radio system improves to add things like SATCOM which is a ARC-210 capability (BIGNEWY — 23/08/2021 "Satellite radio will be added, just needs time as it is new for DCS")
That said the general info above by SJBMX is seemingly correct.

If we're comparing the current vs advertised upgrade setup the biggest upgrade imo, if the radio is implemented relatively well, should be the integration of the radio with the rest of the modern systems including the HUD, UFC and MFD. It should in theory allow you to do stuff like switch freq and generally command the radio configuration using the UFC and COMM MFD page and view the ARC-210s current settings via the HUD along with a lot of cool stuff to help manage radios during ops. 
As with all communication upgrades through it will be most appreciated by the multiplayer and milsim crowd who heavily utilize mission frequency planning and SRS to simulate the comm experience to a high level because "the airquake players don't need 69 different radios like we do lol" 

Edited by Taco-Taylor
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Taco-Taylor said:

Exact capabilities the ARC-210 will provide depends on what version of it we get and to what level the core DCS underlying radio system improves to add things like SATCOM which is a ARC-210 capability (BIGNEWY — 23/08/2021 "Satellite radio will be added, just needs time as it is new for DCS")
That said the general info above by SJBMX is seemingly correct.

If we're comparing the current vs advertised upgrade setup the biggest upgrade imo, if the radio is implemented relatively well, should be the integration of the radio with the rest of the modern systems including the HUD, UFC and MFD. It should in theory allow you to do stuff like switch freq and generally command the radio configuration using the UFC and COMM MFD page and view the ARC-210s current settings via the HUD along with a lot of cool stuff to help manage radios during ops. 
As will all communication upgrades through it will be most appreciated by the multiplayer and milsim crowd who heavily utilize mission frequency planning and SRS to simulate the comm experience to a high level because "the airquake players don't need 69 different radios like we do lol" 

Thank you!

Thank you @SJBMX

Edited by Alpiinoo

alpiinoo_signature.png.92e62da0731ec62ed4f4cd1e7f958385-removebg-preview.png

25 minutes ago, Taco-Taylor said:

Since this thread follows the "What's happening with the A-10C II" trend i thought i'd post this here.
MxKfwoW.png

Ooohhh, that's great to hear!! If there is any module that needs this it's the A-10C, after all the secrecy on its development!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's great news. I had already asked for a (new) roadmap here a while ago. Hope we will get it now and fingers crossed it won't be just about the radio, but some of the most requested features. 

Edited by Hive
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Alpiinoo said:

What is the FYI?

For context me and Swift were discussing the A-10Cs ARC-210 real world integration in response to a "what does the ARC-210 mean for the A-10C II" comment over on the ED Discord and 9L popped out of the blue with that seemingly to help ease our "where ARC-210 details" concerns

Edited by Taco-Taylor
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...