AN/ARC-210 Radio

Flagrum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Thump said:

Bump...

Been complete silence on this topic from ED. They said by the end of this year, which is mere weeks away. So..yeah…

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

From today over on the Discord, can't say it leaves me overly confident but it is something at least.
Gandalf- "is the ARC-210 radio for the Warthog II still confirmed?
it's been over year since release and still absolutely no update on it"
BIGNEWY- "as soon as we have free dev time"
A sad state of affairs to be sure...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Taco-Taylor said:

From today over on the Discord, can't say it leaves me overly confident but it is something at least.
Gandalf- "is the ARC-210 radio for the Warthog II still confirmed?
it's been over year since release and still absolutely no update on it"
BIGNEWY- "as soon as we have free dev time"
A sad state of affairs to be sure...

They’ve reassigned developers to other projects. Honestly its cool they are doing the Apache, however I think its going to be a dud for them, as most of the community are fixed-wing types. They are overextended, they have crossed the line of upsetting much of their customer base. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

On Discord last night Nineline said the A-10C II has only one developer, and he’s been reassigned to one of ED’s many projects. This explains why the A-10C II has received virtually no update for months. Kind of a bummer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, davidzill said:

On Discord last night Nineline said the A-10C II has only one developer, and he’s been reassigned to one of ED’s many projects. This explains why the A-10C II has received virtually no update for months. Kind of a bummer. 

Thanks for the info, although this is not suprising. :sad:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

7 hours ago, davidzill said:

So that would be zero developers for the A-10C II...that's how subtraction works.  I wish I could say I'm surprised.  Wouldn't want to set a precedent of completing modules.  

Edited by Thump
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Heling said:

I wonder where DCS will get the functions and display patterns for the device from. So far, hardly anything has come to the public. Is this where the problem lies?

ED said that the problem is developer shortage.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 11/28/2021 at 11:05 AM, Heling said:

To write down the functions in a code is not so hard when you know what they do.

Oh how I wish that was true. Wouldn't surprise me if at the time of initial release it was 90% done but as we know
"The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.".
As has been eluded to before I guess core game limitations are coming into play, Given EDs relationship with the AF and the way 2008s era-A-10 docs washed up on the internet  supposedly including pretty detailed ARC-210 data I doubt it's a info thing

• ED Team

We are waiting for free dev time currently, once we have news to share we will let you know more. 

Thread closed and off topic posts removed. 

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2