A-10C Suite nomenclature

Eldur

The FAQ reads:

What happens to my original A-10C if I buy the upgrade?

It will still be available to use as you remember it today (with addition fixes of course). You will still be able to use all the content and such you had before, you will simply have another module called the A-10C II in the game to use.

Wouldn't it be so much wiser to rename the old A-10C to A-10C Suite 3 and the new one to A-10C Suite whatever? While writing that, what exact Suite is the new one anyway? fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The FAQ reads:

Wouldn't it be so much wiser to rename the old A-10C to A-10C Suite 3 and the new one to A-10C Suite whatever? While writing that, what exact Suite is the new one anyway? fsgrin.png

That’s the problem, neither version represents a specific suite. That’s ok I guess, but the old one is a mix of 3 and 5, while not feature complete to either. The new A10 has elements of suite 5 and probably 7? When did APKWS get added?

Edited by AvroLanc

Why two different modules instead of a single module with two options, such as l-39c and l-39za? That's a weird choice...

What do you mean? Once it releases, hog1 will be removed from the store, so when you buy hog2 you get both. Single module, two options.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

So am I going to see the 2 a-10cs as two separate modules or two versions of the same module? Not in the store, but in my dcs installation.

There will be two seperate aircraft. The old module will still only contain the old aircraft, while the new module will contain both aircraft AFAIK.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So am I going to see the 2 a-10cs as two separate modules or two versions of the same module? Not in the store, but in my dcs installation.

It should look the same way that C101CC and C101EB look, or Spitfire CW and non CW, or any other two part module in DCS. Those all appear as two modules in the game, but you only purchase a single item in the shop.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

• ED Team

two seperate aircraft in the editor and module manager.

We have to accommodate users who do not wish to upgrade also.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

There will be two seperate aircraft. The old module will still only contain the old aircraft, while the new module will contain both aircraft AFAIK.

They are two seperate aircraft and two seperate modules. If you own the A-10C module and upgrade, you will download and install a complete A-10C II module.

Once the A-10C II is released, it will be the only "A-10" available for new players to purchase.

The "Legacy" A-10C will cease to exist except for players who already own it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Why on earth would you be worried about it? IIRC ED originally had a contract with the US ANG which was for the A-10C Suite 3. After some years the ANG then requested an update to the Suite 5 or whatever. So ED didn't have the authority to build a module that was outwith their contract.

That's why they are keeping the legacy version. So if people already own the original but don't want to upgrade they can without issue. It just means you can't buy the original, but you'll be getting it for free with the new version. Everyone's a winner.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Once the A-10C II is released, it will be the only "A-10" available for new players to purchase.

The first sentence is true, the second one is not what has been said: if a new customer will buy a-10c II, he should have two modules, a-10c and a-10c II. A-10c Is not "legacy" as an airplane, it's so only as a module for sale. That's what I've understood, but please ED clarify.

Now I'm really worried: will they make a version 2 for all the other modules too?

Of course they will. As technology advances, they will revise old modules to enable new features, and as aircraft get older, they will become more and more declassified, so we might get better simulated systems.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

They are two seperate aircraft and two seperate modules. If you own the A-10C module and upgrade, you will download and install a complete A-10C II module.

Legacy A-10C is included in A-10C II.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I just think of it as suite DCS-I or DCS-II :)

There are always going to be classified systems that we can't have in the sim that belong to a certain suite. ED is cherry picking what they can to give us as much as possible, but even then certain parts of the systems we do get are also missing for security or contract reasons. It's still the best you're going to get for an A10C sim, and a far cry from the old "A10 Tank Killer" days, for sure.

Personally, I don't want certain hostile individuals to know the full capabilities of the A-10C, and especially it's vulnerabilities and limitations. So I am quite happy to let those sleeping dogs lie.

Yeah that was my idea too, but I didn't saw it confirmed. It should make sense, given that the new module is full price plus 10$ over.

Whatever the fair price would be going forward, the new module should contain the old aircraft just so that it encourages better usage and doesn't split the userbase including bias in MP where the old version would be forgotten by server admins and mappers, that probably should be avoided at all costs. Secondly so a player would be more easily be all-set to try one wonderful sunday "hey how did it look back then with an older suite" rather than having to separately purchase it, which IMO would need more direct focus from the player and to have that "historical sense" to purposelly go out and look for it and decide to buy it specifically for that purpose, there may be less amount of people who would do that, bundling with a bit of a higher price may not be that much when it comes to full price so it may be digestable for most.

I know it's one of those areas well if you're *not* going to use it why pay it ... but, it's more of a let's all support each other, same thing goes with other moduled that I do not use that much (yet) but still buy in order to support DCS in general.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

The FAQ reads:

You could say the same thing about naming in general in DCS, like which SA-2 and SA-3 version we have.

But yes, I'd much prefer to have say A-10C Suite X, or if that isn't suitable, A-10C and the year it's supposed to represent in parentheses or something - A-10C (20xx)

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

That’s the problem, neither version represents a specific suite. That’s ok I guess, but the old one is a mix of 3 and 5, while not feature complete to either. The new A10 has elements of suite 5 and probably 7? When did APKWS get added?

Given the scorpion HMCS this would be a suite 7B at the very least.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Given the scorpion HMCS this would be a suite 7B at the very least.

Like I’ve already said the current A-10C and what we are getting in version 2 aren’t pure suites so to call them suite anything wouldn’t be accurate.

Not to be that guy but what does the name matter? It’s only visible in the editor and right before a mission?

Agree