Need Help with A10C VHF radios

Petercove

Hi,

I am attempting to do the A10C Qualification campaign purchased of ED but am having a major problem with the first mission which is a simple start up and taxi. I am at Batumi (Freq 131.0). I have turned on both VHF radios and tuned them to 131.0. Please see my attached jpg. I have unselected easy comms.

So I hit \ and then F5 for ATC, F1 for Batumi and F3 for start clearance. But no one answers.

I have watched a couple of videos of people doing what I am trying to do and they have no issues.

This is driving me batty. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Peter

RADIOS.thumb.JPG.e2866ee9c899ae1c17b5bb7fd4b56a76.JPG

Check your HOTAS commands. Verify your mapping for Mic switch Fwd/Aft/Down. Set up whatever keys/buttons you like, and then when you press them it should bring up the comm menu with the radio you selected. Forward is VHF, Down if UHF, and Aft is FM.

Also, check the volume knobs on the radios themselves and make sure the volume is turned up. Hope this helps!

s3WnBG8.png

Edited by XtraChrisP
Fix image link

Thanks. I mapped (and wrote down) what each direction on the mic switch did. VHF FM,UM and AM. Not sure what the 4th one (4.250) meant. Also in my photo I had incorrectly set the aftmost VHF radio to 131.00. Changed that to 40.4.

Restarted the mission and at request for start up had success with the UM radio on 260.00. Got an answer from the tower. Nothing from the AM or FM though.

Also in the mission The instructor requests radio check. I selected "Wingman" but no option for "Loud and Clear or similar".

Well some progress.

Peter

There should be an option in the radio menu -> OTHER.

Correct radio setting, correct radio selected - other etc.

Thats generally where you interact with a mission by someone.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link