Su-30MKK Full fid or FC3 version?

11 hours ago, F-2 said:

Their was an SU-35UB which is a MKK with Bars Radar and Canards if your looking to add upgrades. Never went into service but almost the same plane if your looking for options.

801 is an interesting plane really, I'd love to see it in game.

It was originally pitched as an MKK avionics wise with an airframe closer to that of an MKI, from what I saw of the movie he did flip a switch and did post stall maneuvers one would only see from something like a Su-30SM. Can't tell if that is Ruskiwood magic or that it actually had TVC

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 3:26 AM, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

801 is an interesting plane really, I'd love to see it in game.

It was originally pitched as an MKK avionics wise with an airframe closer to that of an MKI, from what I saw of the movie he did flip a switch and did post stall maneuvers one would only see from something like a Su-30SM. Can't tell if that is Ruskiwood magic or that it actually had TVC

It also would have been the basis of the Avibras-Sukhoi Su-35BR for Brazil.

B920D3C9-0FC1-4261-B9D8-5B56598D6F16.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 1:19 AM, Mike_Romeo said:

Su-30 is still in the race guys

Screenshot_20210121-071651_Discord.jpg

Hmm, this is quite interesting. I'm still a Fulcrum fan, but Flankers are adequate, if sub/optimal 😉

• Like 2

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I really hope they do what people want and pull through on delivering an Su-30MKK. A full fidelity, multicrew Sukhoi, but better yet, a Chinese Flanker?! I would be in heaven! 
In my personal opinion, I hope we don't get a Q-5 only because we already have the MiG-19P and it's too similar in my eyes. 

I would much prefer a J-7II or J-8II, but that's only if they refuse to take the deep dive and develop one of the most highly-requested modules in DCS.

I hope we get some kind of news soon about what they are planning or decide to do next.

• Like 2

Maybe, but no one retires on flight sim module money. You got to do what you want, what makes business sense etc. I’m not big on older jets myself but their is for sure a market. Even if the MKK is the biggest seller Deka could make, I think it would be the most expensive and time consuming. The Jeff sounds like it was grueling and they may very well need a break from the super complex modern jets. I don’t think them picking another jet would permanently close off another.

by the way I think they are in need of Aerodynamic data. Found a handful of Papers about wind tunnel and CDF simulation for the MKI but no MKK. If you come across anything like that send it to them!

On 3/13/2021 at 5:32 AM, F-2 said:

Maybe, but no one retires on flight sim module money. You got to do what you want, what makes business sense etc. I’m not big on older jets myself but their is for sure a market. Even if the MKK is the biggest seller Deka could make, I think it would be the most expensive and time consuming. The Jeff sounds like it was grueling and they may very well need a break from the super complex modern jets. I don’t think them picking another jet would permanently close off another.

by the way I think they are in need of Aerodynamic data. Found a handful of Papers about wind tunnel and CDF simulation for the MKI but no MKK. If you come across anything like that send it to them!

MKI and MKK are pretty close no? MKK is just Chinese version is it not?

Edited by IcedVenom

1 hour ago, IcedVenom said:

MKI and MKK are pretty close no? MKK is just Chinese version is it not?

I thought that too! But apparently the MKI is and evolution of the original Su-30 which was a specialized Su-27UB. It has canards but is for the most part structurally very similar to the original Su-27. The MKK on the other hand lacks Canards and thrust vectoring but is structurally more similar to the Su-27m. More carbon fiber, titanium etc. it has some improvements over the original flanker at High sub sonic speeds.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, F-2 said:

I thought that too! But apparently the MKI is and evolution of the original Su-30 which was a specialized Su-27UB. It has canards but is for the most part structurally very similar to the original Su-27. The MKK on the other hand lacks Canards and thrust vectoring but is structurally more similar to the Su-27m. More carbon fiber, titanium etc. it has some improvements over the original flanker at High sub sonic speeds.

Well I hope they can find what they are looking for. Either that or they find what they need as they go along.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 2:57 AM, Morri said:

Link seems to be dead. If it was actual recentish documents , then I believe EDs policy would mean they can't be posted on the forums

Aaargh, too bad, fortunately i downloaded them, just in case 🙂

On 4/11/2021 at 5:17 AM, sylkhan said:

Aaargh, too bad, fortunately i downloaded them, just in case 🙂

I did take a look though, which adds to the already abundant info regarding flight control systems and autopilot (SDU, SAU). Anyways I've already completed coding the exact longitudinal FBW according to the diagram, looking good. (That's a lot simpler control logic compared to the JF-17.)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

I did take a look though, which adds to the already abundant info regarding flight control systems and autopilot (SDU, SAU). Anyways I've already completed coding the exact longitudinal FBW according to the diagram, looking good. (That's a lot simpler control logic compared to the JF-17.)
Eh... Does that mean you guys are going to make it?
  • Like 3

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

3 hours ago, LJQCN101 said:

Glad to know it.  👌

• Like 1

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

On 3/14/2021 at 3:51 PM, F-2 said:

MKI has a more capable radar. MKK has better missiles.

8 hours ago, LJQCN101 said:

What info do you have, and what is still missing? If you give a detailed list, maybe the community can crowdsource some of it for you.

fry_drooling.gif

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

Jf17 is probably the Best Buy and best module I spent on DCS. It turned a plane I scoffed at to one I’m now a huge fan of. An FC3 SU30 I think would fall flat though. We want A Deka Full Fidelity module. Even if it were a tank that would be awesome.

14 minutes ago, ZHeN said:

huh ?

Im assuming a reference to PL-12s, though it doesnt appear that the MKKs carried it until very recently

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg