Su-30MKK Full fid or FC3 version?

https://stormbirds.blog/2021/05/05/rumours-suggest-that-su-30mkk-may-be-dekas-next-project/

I saw this yesterday. If that is true, then it will be the first fixed wing multi role aircraft i would focus on learning. 

I am mostly a helo pilot, i do love all aircraft, however eastern frames have some kind of charisma that make me lean more towards them than western aircraft. 

Anyway, would fly a full fidelity Flanker G a lot.

On 5/5/2021 at 5:24 PM, Gierasimov said:

Yep! Only thing is I remember ED said no more FC3 level aircraft. 

I am sure this is going to be FF but only IF it is true 🙂

FC3 level module = 15$

Full fidelity module = 80$

(based on current prices on ED's shop)

Considering the amount of work a "simple" FC3 level aircraft represents, I am not sure it is a very profitable project for a developer. Of course systems are easier but you still need most things to actually work, you still have to make a full external and internal 3D model, texturing etc. and the flight model is probably not that much easier as well. Considering Su-30 is a 2-seater, you also still have that issue to deal with as well, being multicrew support and Jester-type AI for single players.

This is speculation on my part but I would guess that at this point, any third party that does not have enough access to material for a full fidelity module is better off doing something else, instead of spending a lot of time just to sell a 15$ module. (Edit: if it were only FC3) Being the best redfor module, it would sell relatively well especially for online PVP enthousiasts, but I am not sure single-player only customers would find it so appealing.

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 1

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

2 minutes ago, Qiou87 said:

FC3 level module = 15$

Full fidelity module = 80$

Being the best redfor module, it would sell relatively well especially for online PVP enthousiasts, but I am not sure single-player only customers would find it so appealing.

Oh, I would find it very appealing. Willing to pay that 80 bucks then.

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

4 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

Oh, I would find it very appealing. Willing to pay that 80 bucks then.

I meant as a FC3 module, sorry, that wasn't clear. Many people especially in SP like to take their time learning the systems. FC3-level is mostly about combat performance, like having a powerful radar and missiles, so is more targeted at PVP customers.

If there is ever a full fidelity Su-30 I would be all over that. 🙂

• Like 1

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

1 hour ago, blakkos said:

Deka plz, I’m ready to pay 100$ and more. If it possible to create MKK it would be awesome

I'm ready to pay as much as it needs! 

Deka, please 🙂

i7 13700K,  DDR5 32Gb, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC, Pico 4 VR

Making Su-30 would be the best move for company point of view, great selling maybe even as close as F-16 and F-18. I would buy it even if it would be FC3 style with no clickable cockpit, but thrust vectoring is a must.

• Like 1

1 час назад, Peter5on сказал:

Making Su-30 would be the best move for company point of view, great selling maybe even as close as F-16 and F-18. I would buy it even if it would be FC3 style with no clickable cockpit, but thrust vectoring is a must.

Do you realize KnAAZ (KnAAPO) breed of SU-30 family (MKK, MK2, M2) have no thrust vectoring at all?

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Peter5on said:

But we could have Su-30MKI with thrust vectoring

Well do you have all the data they would need?

The variant they have said they are considering and have some data on is the Su-30MKK in use with China.

The SU-30MKI is a pretty different aircraft compared to the MKK.

A very Different set of Avionics and Radar + very different FM due to the thrust vectoring and canards etc.

Even the HUD and cockpit displays are different.

(From Elbit/Israel)

So pretty much none of the data they have for the SU-30MKK would be useful for a MKI.

And the reason why they are primarily looking at Chinese aircraft

(Operated by China) might be since that is what they know they are more likely to be able to get data for.

So just because that they might have the data to make a Su-30MKK does not mean they have the data to make a MKI...

And it probably becomes even more unlikely when we take politics into account.

Deka is a Chinese team.

India and China don't have the best of relations right now.

And in addition Deka has stated that they had sources in Pakistan that assisted in the development of the JF-17.

So i find it unlikely that India/HAL would be ok with Giving Deka all of the Data needed to model a Su-30MKI.

Edited by mattebubben
  • Like 6

50 minutes ago, Peter5on said:

Seems you're right... there is no chance for thrust vectoring in the future 🙁 Imagine if could do this:

Do you own the Jf-17? There is an easter egg for the Jeff to enable thrust vectoring for it, so technically it is already in DCS.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

On 5/5/2021 at 5:38 PM, ustio said:

How many ET can the SU-30MKK carry IRL? The AI can carry 4. I wonder if its also true IRL

It can carry 2 missiles under air intakes. In fact all Flankers can.  Not only Su-33. 

As for ED not ever making LF modules - well nobody forbids 3rd party devs to make them as far as i know.

----RED FLAG---- DCS Server. Discord: https://discord.gg/2PjQ52V

Btw if any of you guys want to see what its like to have PL-12,PL-8B, 4 or even 6 R-27ET and R-77, KH31P  on Flankers you can visit IC protected server named EXERCISE RED FLAG.  there you will be able to fly  custom Fankers,Fulcrums, Jeffs  with 6 sd-10 ,Eagles with aim-9x,Frogfoots with AKD-10 missile, new TV and Laser guided bombs ,Warthogs A-10A with laser guided Hellfire missiles and bombs,Vipers - extra 2 or 4 amraams and other units with all kinds of custom loadouts. Newest Russian/Chinese and US weapon configurations. No mods needed. Server equips all slots with custom loadouts automaticly. Server is on stable version for the time being. There is life target practice with lots of new toys)

FlankerD_M.jpg

FlankerM2.jpg

Mig-29M.jpg

ChineseSu27variant.jpg

ChineseSu33variant_2.jpg

LateMigVariant.jpg

Edited by musolo

----RED FLAG---- DCS Server. Discord: https://discord.gg/2PjQ52V

18 hours ago, blayas said:

The hint left by dev Ljqcn seems to indicate a MK2 does not?  Since I didn't see this same painting present in the Chinese mkk´s.

A new clue pointing towards the Su-30MKK. u/ljqc_sam's reddit profile is  the tail end of an Su-30 (or some flanker variant). : hoggit

3.jpg

Su-30MK2-PLANAF-2S.jpg

This is LJQCN101's personal interest. Will need to wait for the official rumor 🙂

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Now that i learned that Su-30MKI can use its radar 100 degrees off boresight, im a bit disappointed we are getting the MK2. Not that its less effective, but supporting R-27ER while cold from bandits just sounds insanely funny.

41 minutes ago, Max1mus said:

Now that i learned that Su-30MKI can use its radar 100 degrees off boresight, im a bit disappointed we are getting the MK2. Not that its less effective, but supporting R-27ER while cold from bandits just sounds insanely funny.

Source? This sounds interesting..... 

6 hours ago, BlackPixxel said:

I think something was misinterpreted.

Does the bars on the MKI even have the additional mechanical azimuth gimbal?

Su-35 has +/-120° azimuth, because there is such a azimuth gimbal on top of electronic steering.

Later ones do, according to Janes and this other source it depends upon batch and bloc

70 deg on older MKIs 90~100 on later ones with the new gimbal for the bars

https://www.janes.com/defence-equipment-intelligence/air-combat-systems/su-30mki-equipment-profile

https://vayu-sena.tripod.com/info-su30mki.html#8

• Like 1