Su-30MKK Full fid or FC3 version?

On 5/10/2021 at 4:52 AM, Mr.Scar said:

https://stormbirds.blog/2021/05/05/rumours-suggest-that-su-30mkk-may-be-dekas-next-project/

I saw this yesterday. If that is true, then it will be the first fixed wing multi role aircraft i would focus on learning. 

I am mostly a helo pilot, i do love all aircraft, however eastern frames have some kind of charisma that make me lean more towards them than western aircraft. 

Anyway, would fly a full fidelity Flanker G a lot.

I'm with you on that...

• Like 2

I mentioned this before but with everyone talking about the MKI, thrust vectoring, and bars they wish they had I thought I would talk about it again. Their exists a Version of the MKK called the Su-35UB. It’s an MKK with the composite MKK body tall vertical stabilizer and avionics with canards and the bars radar. Thrust vectoring was planned but I’m not sure if it was ever added. If Deka wanted to added it as an option, like the block I Jeff with the optional block II refueling prob or thrust vectoring Easter egg, I have some MKI aerodynamic documents I could provide that show the effect of canards on an SU-30 body. China near or

borders India (MKI) Malaysia (MKM) and Russia (SM) so the scenarios are endless, if they decided it was a direction they wanted to take.

• Like 3

Either the above, or a MKK/MK2 hybrid would be good. To at least reach or surpass the capabilities of the JF-17, the Su-30 needs either the Bars radar, or the PL-12. But just R-27/77 with a mech radar will be somewhat disappointing.

If it seems weird from a simulation standpoint, it should not be. All the module devs in DCS interpret capabilities and weapons into their modules, that the real variant does not have. Including ED.

Edited by Max1mus

7 hours ago, Max1mus said:

Either the above, or a MKK/MK2 hybrid would be good. To at least reach or surpass the capabilities of the JF-17, the Su-30 needs either the Bars radar, or the PL-12. But just R-27/77 with a mech radar will be somewhat disappointing.

If it seems weird from a simulation standpoint, it should not be. All the module devs in DCS interpret capabilities and weapons into their modules, that the real variant does not have. Including ED.

To be clear I don’t mean not do the MKK that the PLAAF actually uses, just if Deka wanted to add customizable options like the JF-17. Flankers are the build a bear workshop of modern combat aircraft.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F-2 said:

To be clear I don’t mean not do the MKK that the PLAAF actually uses, just if Deka wanted to add customizable options like the JF-17. Flankers are the build a bear workshop of modern combat aircraft.

Yes but I do believe trying to make an Irkut Su-30 out of it doesn't fee right.

Chasing capabilities for the sake of capabilities, even if anachronistic goes against the core tenants of simming, keeping it real and believable.

Making it able to use Domestic Chinese weapons like on the MK2 makes a lot of sense because it allows for simulating the most common Heavy Weight Types in PLAAF service, domestic Flankers out number their Su-30 counter parts at a rate of about 5 to 1.

It allows mission makers to reflect the rapid growth of China's own domestic tech base, particularly in the department of Anti Ship missiles and strike. The bulk of their inventory is not cold war vintage Kh-31Ps but domestic more modern YJ-91s and things of the sort, because the YJ-91 and other Chinese munitions reflect the current trends in the PLAAFs Anti ship strategy. With its improved guidance and attack profiles capable of sea skimming in ways that dwarf its original soviet ancestor.

I know it might upset the purist among you but the Su-30MKK/MK2 can be restricted by mission designers to exclusively use Russian weapons in case one wants to Sim another export operator of the type.

• 2 weeks later...

It's an image that was circulated through some discords, as a possible leak. It looks like the details page of a FF file. If it's real could be just the testing that was mentioned in this thread earlier I believe.?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Morri said:

It's an image that was circulated through some discords, as a possible leak. It looks like the details page of a FF file. If it's real could be just the testing that was mentioned in this thread earlier I believe.?

That's what I thought as well, though if it was just that they'd probably tell us flat out there is no hope for the module.

Seems like they're teasing us and I'm excited to possibly see the  Su-30MKK/MK2 by Deka.

Would be a day 1 preorder

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

That's what I thought as well, though if it was just that they'd probably tell us flat out there is no hope for the module.

Seems like they're teasing us and I'm excited to possibly see the  Su-30MKK/MK2 by Deka.

Would be a day 1 preorder

Day 1 pre-order? 

Man. 

I already allocated 100 USD in my budget for it.

But yeah, this is just the work that was done and mentioned already, or could be just plain fake. Deka knows best.

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Let's make it clear:

1. Su-30MKK is an internal project for self-challenge, to create a reusable multi-crew framework(not fully done) and multi-language support avoinics(done but need tweak),
2. FM is 90% done if not 95%. Thanks to our FM guys, TVC is considered, so FM code may be ported to MKI,
3. We had read some docs, but lacking many sub system docs(in details), we cannot reach the basic DCS FF standard ATM,

yes, it's started, more like a test bed of some ideas than a real project.
To DCS FF standard? we need 2 more weeks(TM)!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8

3 hours ago, L0op8ack said:

Let's make it clear:

1. Su-30MKK is an internal project for self-challenge, to create a reusable multi-crew framework(not fully done) and multi-language support avoinics(done but need tweak),
2. FM is 90% done if not 95%. Thanks to our FM guys, TVC is considered, so FM code may be ported to MKI,
3. We had read some docs, but lacking many sub system docs(in details), we cannot reach the basic DCS FF standard ATM,

Thank you for being forthcoming with whats going and also tempering expectations.

I hope you guys get the docs you need, I may or may not have some Mig-29SMT / SMP stuff laying around if you want... 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

6 hours ago, L0op8ack said:

Let's make it clear:

The TVC stuff would be cool to see as an Easter egg on the J-11 or as a mod!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

The TVC stuff would be cool to see as an Easter egg on the J-11 or as a mod!

The J-11 uses ED's PFM so we don't have a say. If possible I would also like to change the way SDU and SAU systems are implemented as they apparently are not 100% based on real-life block diagrams.

• Like 2

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

13 minutes ago, LJQCN101 said:

The J-11 uses ED's PFM so we don't have a say. If possible I would also like to change the way SDU and SAU systems are implemented as they apparently are not 100% based on real-life block diagrams.

Compared to real life J-11A numbers how do you see the planes time to climb and acceleration figures particularly transonic acceleration

• Like 1

15 hours ago, L0op8ack said:

Let's make it clear:

Hey man, thank you a lot for this explanation, I mean... really, it's cool you share details about own "flying laboratory". 🙂 As I remember you announced docs problem for some aircrafts (includes Su-30MKK) really long time ago, not really understand why this hype was started really.

Anyway, thank you for made it clear. 🙂

Best regards

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

On 6/10/2021 at 12:43 PM, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

Compared to real life J-11A numbers how do you see the planes time to climb and acceleration figures particularly transonic acceleration

I haven't checked. Is there any player tested data like level acceleration SEP in m/s? RL flight manuals have Vy charts for those figures.

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

I would buy an early, early access variant for 200 dollars. Dont have info on some MFD pages? Deliver them later - thats how ED did it with the F-18. What else is missing? You say you finished the FM, you have some info on avionics. SPO-32? Just make a healthy assumption. Almost all RWRs with the exception of the F-14s and MiG-21s in DCS are completely unrealistic too.

If you slap the PL-12 on it, you will have solved the main problem of DCS. ED will add better SAMs, and then they can focus on bugfixing while you focus on polishing the Su-30.

Deal? Lets go. 🙏

• Like 1