Small pop-up bushes

Spathiphyllum

Although I have not yet purchased the map, I have been watching videos and reading reviews about it. There is one thing I truly don't like on this map and that is those small bushes that keep popping up near the aircraft as it proceeds along. It is a very "silly" solution to control the performance and keep the FPS at bay; thus reducing the draw distance of this particular type of vegetation because this way these bushes just appear out of the nothingness in front of the aircraft. This surely needs to be addressed.

Please either increase their draw distance (significantly) or make them appear somewhat gradually because right now they just magically present themselves some 100-150 meters ahead of the aircraft. This was one of the first things I noticed when I started watching content showcasing this map and I said to myself, no way, how could the developers not make it more visually pleasing?

This does not match the otherwise excellent map.

5U56C47.jpg

It's adjustable like the other maps. You can reduce it to nothing or max it. If max isn't enough you can always edit the file.

???????????????

I love it when you guys say things like "Oh, it's adjustable" :doh:

but don't bother to explain how, or which file, or which parameters

to adjust like we are all geniuses or something. Thanks for nothing.

I would like to know because even though I don't have this map,

the same thing happens on the PG map and I would like to fix it.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

That's what search is for... ;)

It's a slider in Options, in the GUI. Same place you control the other graphic settings.

The options.lua file, which contains the settings, is in user/.../saved games/DCS <version>/Config

If you do decide to edit this or any other lua file, don't use notepad. Use Notepad ++ or some other editor that wont fry the format.

Edited by Paganus
typo

That's what search is for... ;)

It's a slider in Options, in the GUI. Same place you control the other graphic settings.

The options.lua file, which contains the settings, is in user/.../saved games/DCS <version>/Config

If you do decide to edit this or any other lua file, don't use notepad. Use Notepad ++ or some other editor that wont fry the format.

Thank you...SRsfa58.gif

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU