[CORRECT AS IS]TWS auto to man

Baikingu

Hi!

First of all glad to see bugs getting some most needed attention:)

Keep it up please:thumbup:

So when I designate a contact in TWS and put scan in auto I'm have read that if "lock" i lost the radar scan will automatically revert back to man mode.

This does not currently happen. Whitch resorts on fumbling with push buttons in the heat of an engadgement to get it back to man so I'm able to reacquire.

Its super easy to reproduce. Simply designate a contact in TWS and put scan in auto. Then turn so the contact exits the radar gimble. Now notice the radar search is still in Auto.

This also happens if the contact notches you.

So is this as it suppose to be or is it a bug?

Thanks

Here is a simple demonstration of the issue.

With a track as requested :)

In the track I enter TWS and the contact becomes L&S.

I put the radar scan in auto then I do a "defensive crank and dive" then put the contact outside the radar gimbel intill track is lost.

Notice the radar is still in Auto mode. when I turn back I have to press the push button to get it back to manual mode so I can adjust my radar elevation to reacquire the contact.

TWS scan auto to man.trk

Hi.

Was wondering if there is any news about if this issue is as intended?

According to Chuck's F/A-18C Hornet Guide (section 2.1 -AN/APG-73 RADAR (AIR-TO-AIR)2.1.4 –TWS Mode) "If the L&S is lost/undesignated, MAN is automatically entered"

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • BIGNEWY changed the title to [INVESTIGATING]TWS auto to man
  • ED Team

Hi

From the manual 

Azimuth Centering Options. When in TWS mode, the AUTO and MAN options are available on the right side of the display. This allows either manual or automatic scan centering based on which option is selected/boxed.

• AUTO: The azimuth and elevation TWS scan is centered on the L&S track files. If TWS is entered from an STT rack, AUTO mode is automatically selected. When in AUTO mode, the player should be able to place their TDC cursor anywhere but on a contact and depress the TDC switch to re-center the scan azimuth on that location. When this is done, AUTO is replaced with BIAS on the display. This sets a new scan centroid. BIAS is removed when RESET is pressed, TWS is exited, RAID is selected, MAN mode is selected, or no track file exists.

• MAN: The scan center will not change automatically, but rather the azimuth scan center can be moved with the TDC cursor. If the scan is positioned outside the gimbal limits of the radar, the scan will be repositioned such that the scan will be able to search its entire azimuth. MAN mode is the default. Track files that move outside of the scan volume area will flash for three scan frames before disappearing.

I do not think this is a bug. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to [CORRECT AS IS]TWS auto to man
3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi

From the manual 

Azimuth Centering Options. When in TWS mode, the AUTO and MAN options are available on the right side of the display. This allows either manual or automatic scan centering based on which option is selected/boxed.

• AUTO: The azimuth and elevation TWS scan is centered on the L&S track files. If TWS is entered from an STT rack, AUTO mode is automatically selected. When in AUTO mode, the player should be able to place their TDC cursor anywhere but on a contact and depress the TDC switch to re-center the scan azimuth on that location. When this is done, AUTO is replaced with BIAS on the display. This sets a new scan centroid. BIAS is removed when RESET is pressed, TWS is exited, RAID is selected, MAN mode is selected, or no track file exists.

• MAN: The scan center will not change automatically, but rather the azimuth scan center can be moved with the TDC cursor. If the scan is positioned outside the gimbal limits of the radar, the scan will be repositioned such that the scan will be able to search its entire azimuth. MAN mode is the default. Track files that move outside of the scan volume area will flash for three scan frames before disappearing.

Except that BIAS does not automatically revert back to MAN if no track file exists. It remains in BIAS even when all track files are lost.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

10 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi

From the manual 

I think you might have misunderstood my issue.
[AUTO: The azimuth and elevation TWS scan is centered on the L&S track files.] woks as intenden AFAIK
[MAN: The scan center will not change automatically, but rather the azimuth scan center can be moved with the TDC cursor.] (Also wirks as intended AFAIK)

The issue is that when i'm in AUTO Azimuth Centering Option the scan is centered on the L&S track files as it should. But according to Chucks guide if track is lost or undesignated while using AUTO Azimuth Centering. AUTO Azimuth Centering should automaticly revert directly back to MAN Azimuth Centering.

Edited by Baikingu

• ED Team

I will have someone else check in case I am misunderstanding. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2