Persistent cockpit state

Jester

That would be cool.

But apparently 75% of players just auto start their aircraft so this level of realism would go unused :noexpression:

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

All cockpit switches are returned to default positions by the crew chief, after each flight. In real life. Besides, you hardly fly the same airframe everytime. So, why would you want that?

Sent via mobile phone using Tapatalk

Probably to provide a reason to perform cockpit inspections on Cold Start, as right now they don't really serve a purpose.

Personally, I'm on board with the idea, but maybe best make it optional, e.g 'start cockpit switches reset' or something.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Probably to provide a reason to perform cockpit inspections on Cold Start, as right now they don't really serve a purpose.

Personally, I'm on board with the idea, but maybe best make it optional, e.g 'start cockpit switches reset' or something.

Bingo. For those who want to run the full pre-start and post-shutdown cockpit checks.

Bingo. For those who want to run the full pre-start and post-shutdown cockpit checks.
Sorry, but your point makes no sense. The pilot is obliged to perform a full walkaround and all systems checks everytime he/she gets on board. I think a better idea than a persistence would be to introduce a "human error" factor - as sometimes, the crew chief could get something overlooked. That would do the same and would be much closer to real life.

Sent via mobile phone using Tapatalk

Sorry, but your point makes no sense. The pilot is obliged to perform a full walkaround and all systems checks everytime he/she gets on board.

It's just right now it's pointless, there's no point in doing the full shut down as the next time you get in the aircraft, it'll be a completely fresh one. Going through the checks to find that you don't actually need to do anything kind of defeats the point of the check IMO.

I think a better idea than a persistence would be to introduce a "human error" factor - as sometimes, the crew chief could get something overlooked. That would do the same and would be much closer to real life.

Sounds like a great idea, at mission start, have some randomisation in the switches for like a random 5 of them.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

infantile logic, theres no inherent point in playing video games period

Well there we go guys, problem solved!

you choose for there to be a point

dont ask for mommy and daddy to give you a point

You feeling okay today probad?

Edited by Northstar98

System: