Pilot model adjustments for NVG/JHMCS

BarTzi

ED recently made the JHMCS and NVG two different entities. You can't have both on the helmet at the same time, which makes sense.

My request is to have the change represented in the pilot model. We already have an argument that allowes removing the JHMCS from the 3d model. It was already used by some livery makers to make liverie of squadrons that didn't have the HMD.

I think it should be applied when you ask the crew chief to remove your JHMCS or set it up in the ME.

When no JHMCS is available, you shouldn't still see it mounted on the helm.

If you really want to go the extra mile, add the NVG model and have the pilot move it up or down as we engage it.

+1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I would rather not see ED spend time on NVG's. There a great link in this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=285531 from mvsgas that talks about how there was a phase when they tested "modding" the F-16 to work with NVG's. This was followed by the LANTIRN and the "Falcon Eye" system where the FLIR follows the pilots eye. Dassault even has a trademark on a similar solution. I would prefer they model a more modern night vision capability. Anyway, it's a great read if you are into night fighting in the Viper.

Edited by glide
typo

I would rather not see ED spend time on NVG's. There a great link in this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=285531 from mvsgas that talks about how there was a phase when they tested "modding" the F-16 to work with NVG's. This was followed by the LANTIRN and the "Falcon Eye" system where the FLIR follows the pilots eye. Dassault even has a trademark on a similar solution. I would prefer they model a more modern night vision capability. Anyway, it's a great read if you are into night fighting in the Viper.

Systems not being used by the Block 50 Viper.... unlike actual NVG goggles they do use

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1, while maybe not something super high priority for me, it would be pretty cool nonetheless.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 weeks later...