Audio split outputs.

slipstream21

My good friend (former A380 Captain, retired on medical grounds) is building an elaborate home simulator and has asked me the following.... Thanks in advance.

if it’s possible to separate the audio into two separate audio outputs for a) the engine sounds and b) the ATC / switch sounds etc?

The reason I want to do this is so that the ‘Student’ pilot can wear a VR headset in the front seat and I can have a fixed instrument/visuals screen in the back. Ideally I would also want a third video output for a projector with JUST the external world on it for start up and shutdown. The need to separate the audio is that I want to put the engine sounds through an external sub woofer and have ATC/ switch effects mixed with intercom into headsets for communication.

I realise that this will probably involve having a mixer for the audio and possibly a second graphics card for the projector.

We used to be able to put different displays onto multiple screens with FS-X in the old days but I don’t know anything about DCS or X-Plane.

You can do this from within DCS on the AUDIO OPTION PAGE. I have engine sounds going to my external speakers and cockpit communications going the VR Headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals