[SPI RELATED]How do I use the Maverick?

jonsky7

- PRE mode doesn´t work for more than one attack, after that Pod and Mav dont align anymore

I strongly disagree.

The other day I launched about 20 MAVs at targets around Beirut airport and all of them correlated perfectly. Handoff didn't always work (possible IR MAV range limitation), but correlating did. Same plane, no respawns.

There is an issue with MAVs sticking to random objects, but it's not an issue I'd call consistent.

There's a lot of people reporting the issue, thus disagreeing with it is quite a useless statement. You're lucky not to have the issue.

On another note. Just saying you have the issue here doesn't help.

Rather report the issue with a track file in the bugs topic.

I strongly disagree.

The other day I launched about 20 MAVs at targets around Beirut airport and all of them correlated perfectly. Handoff didn't always work (possible IR MAV range limitation), but correlating did. Same plane, no respawns.

There is an issue with MAVs sticking to random objects, but it's not an issue I'd call consistent.

I've had issues with the correlation not really working. It gets "close" but the mav is usually "low"

Though I wonder if this is a real issue in the jet or not. I.e. how well does it work IRL (probably not perfect) and how well is it modeled in DCS?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You have a calibration which saves alignment values from missile to TGP (one per station). If you fly BMS you're well familiar with the process. That should handle any gross alignment errors. The handoff process itself has a second image comparison step which should handle final alignment.

I don't know how big the sample patch is for the image comparison processing step but I would hope they made it so it would preclude locking the wrong truck if two were parked side by side. Ending up with the wrong target after automatic handoff, complete guesswork, probably quite rare if ever.

There's a lot of people reporting the issue, thus disagreeing with it is quite a useless statement. You're lucky not to have the issue.

Did you not even read my post completely or what's your problem?

I'm disagreeing with the statement that this ALWAYS happens and provided an example where it worked perfectly (handoff aside). Wanna know what's useless? Calling it luck instead of investigating the circumstances.

Maybe now we can start talking about mods, maps, location, daytime, weather ... you know; USEFUL information.

I find it hard to believe that I managed to fire 20 MAVs without a hitch and without any prior practice just because of pure luck.

Issues I encountered so far:

- Mav prefer buildings over vehicles when trying to lock something, makes it very hard to attack something inside a city

- PRE mode doesn´t work for more than one attack, after that Pod and Mav dont align anymore

- AUTO handoff in PRE mode unreliable

- Turning on MAV screws up your navigation on your EHSI

- Slewcontrol of the Mav in VIS or BORE is way too sensitive

+ 1.000

Yesterday working with D and G i was not able anymore to work with Maverick after the first attack as soon as i've used CZ, and lock tanks near building was really very difficult.

With the Viper i'm also in trouble with data entry for the steerpoints. Without a steerpoint coded via ME (mission editor), there is no way to have a good WP for TGP.

My problems

- Cursor is very very very sensitive

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Issues I encountered so far:

- Mav prefer buildings over vehicles when trying to lock something, makes it very hard to attack something inside a city

- AUTO handoff in PRE mode unreliable

- Turning on MAV screws up your navigation on your EHSI

- Slewcontrol of the Mav in VIS or BORE is way too sensitive

+1 here too.

Also,when the Mav resets in VIS-mode to the velocity vector after shooting a mav result in some correlation issues - The Mav isn't looking where the HUD indicator is placed. (Also a problem when using the STEP/NWS button to force reset).

It seems like the Mavericks have to be warmed up when spawning in air with them? Every other AC seems to spawn with them they are ready to go.

Makes testing them a pain as you have to wait a few minutes each time.

yeah testing is pain in the neck compare to other modules.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

guys I have an issue and cant say why but while using TPOD in auto mode...have it set on target, have in PRE mode (65 is looking on the target) but somehow can't handoff the target to maverick... it states "handoff in progress" (after TMS up) but cross is not closed and cant shoot it... what Im doin' wrong?

Madhatter sig2.png

|Ka-50|A-10C2|FC3|F-16C Viper|F-14A/B Tomcat|F/A-18 Hornet|Mig-21bis|Bf-109K-4|Spitfire.IX|FW190 D-9|Normandy|Channel|Nevada|Gulf|Syria|Supercarrier|AH-64D Apache|F-15E Mudhen|

guys I have an issue and cant say why but while using TPOD in auto mode...have it set on target, have in PRE mode (65 is looking on the target) but somehow can't handoff the target to maverick... it states "handoff in progress" (after TMS up) but cross is not closed and cant shoot it... what Im doin' wrong?

It is not working as per Wags' video.

When you hand off you need to make WPN screen SOI and TMS fwd to get cross to close - then you can rifle the mav.

• Like 1

It is not working as per Wags' video.

When you hand off you need to make WPN screen SOI and TMS fwd to get cross to close - then you can rifle the mav.

Thanks... yea I see things are buggy... I've tried to use 65D today and its really weird like I was using SP to keep tpod looking front to easier find targets then hud aim and align maverick ...once it worked later hud was indicating some other point...no matter what... I couldn't get alignment with target from tpod which on hud was also not visible...don't know how but after few try outs making hud SOI and tpod something clicked and saw my target alignment on hud and mav with tpod... but yea its not working as on yt videos (Matt and others) also was releasing missile without lock (maverick page cross not closed). Most reliable for the moment is agm-65H with area mode I think. I was also thinking maybe its because I have steam open beta version

Madhatter sig2.png

|Ka-50|A-10C2|FC3|F-16C Viper|F-14A/B Tomcat|F/A-18 Hornet|Mig-21bis|Bf-109K-4|Spitfire.IX|FW190 D-9|Normandy|Channel|Nevada|Gulf|Syria|Supercarrier|AH-64D Apache|F-15E Mudhen|

• ED Team

Hi all,

I have marked the thread SPI RELATED, once the SPI work is complete it should be much easier for all.

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all,

I have marked the thread SPI RELATED, once the SPI work is complete it should be much easier for all.

thank you

I have just spent 3 hrs fighting with the TGP and SPI, I planed to bomb some stuff and relax tonight, instead all i did was trying to unlock the locked SPI position, going back to base 150 miles away, and landing with my Mavs and Bombs dumped to rearm with new TGP and then fly back again etc..., cause if you change weapon it locks and you can call it, then I entered new airframe etc etc, now I'm posting here after few hours of fighting this I'm a bit pissed off cause my relax evening was ruined, all I managed to do is get 2 HARMs off and they actually hit something.

It gets frustrating to fly 15 mins just to have your TGP bugged again,

Also tried playing on a server with rain and our TGP is blind... WHOT, BHOT, TV mode you cant see anything... oh yea did I mention 20min lost there to set up and get to the target just to see you cant actually aim at anything cause your TGP is blind due to rain, (yes I was under the cloud layer)

please fix this as soon as possible, don't wait for the next patch in a month time, do a hotfix as soon as you can.

• ED Team

I have just spent 3 hrs fighting with the TGP and SPI, I planed to bomb some stuff and relax tonight, instead all i did was trying to unlock the locked SPI position, going back to base 150 miles away, and landing with my Mavs and Bombs dumped to rearm with new TGP and then fly back again etc..., cause if you change weapon it locks and you can call it, then I entered new airframe etc etc, now I'm posting here after few hours of fighting this I'm a bit pissed off cause my relax evening was ruined, all I managed to do is get 2 HARMs off and they actually hit something.

It gets frustrating to fly 15 mins just to have your TGP bugged again,

Also tried playing on a server with rain and our TGP is blind... WHOT, BHOT, TV mode you cant see anything... oh yea did I mention 20min lost there to set up and get to the target just to see you cant actually aim at anything cause your TGP is blind due to rain, (yes I was under the cloud layer)

please fix this as soon as possible, don't wait for the next patch in a month time, do a hotfix as soon as you can.

Its not a matter for fixing or a hot fix, the problem as mentioned is the work on the SPI needs to be completed. Sadly it can not be rushed.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Its not a matter for fixing or a hot fix, the problem as mentioned is the work on the SPI needs to be completed. Sadly it can not be rushed.

I understand, and I hope you guys get it done soon,

have to appologise tho, I was frustrated last night spent 3 or 4 hrs fighting the TGP cause of the SPI...

• ED Team

I understand, and I hope you guys get it done soon,

have to appologise tho, I was frustrated last night spent 3 or 4 hrs fighting the TGP cause of the SPI...

No problem, thank you for being patient.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving these new multiroles, and I was really looking forward to the AGM-65D--Litening combo on the 16.

@BIGNEWY (or really anyone reading): Is the issue with the Mavericks not pointing at the SPI after handoff (I notice this after the first rifle) related to SPI development, or am I being ignorant of process?

I suspect quite a few 16 fans would be excited to see the Mavs and CBUs work reliably (I know, I know, some people have no problems with either) :)! TIA.

Edit: I'm seeing some other threads on this issue; I guess I'll figure out a way to manually zero the MAVs to the TGP in the meantime :).