How do I use NVGs?

Quae Tinnungulus

You now need to chose between either JHMCS or NVG on the ground (or probably in ME). You can no longer have both at the same time.
Strange, considering this was brought up before (NVG+HMD is a feature of the JHMCS II model) and Wags said that it was a capability they retained on purpose, because it wasn't that far off tech wise. I guess they changed their mind?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

You now need to chose between either JHMCS or NVG on the ground (or probably in ME). You can no longer have both at the same time.

Thanks that works for me , much appreciated :thumbup: My question to choose one or the other would be a mission that starts off in day but becomes night during the mission. JHMCS would be nice for known air threats, NVG would help spotting ground targets when night.

Edited by Quae Tinnungulus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3820 32GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB TM Warthog Flight Controller & Pedals Odyssey+ WMR Headset TrackIR5 Win10

How do I use NVGs?

NVG not working after patch, with default keyboard RShift+H or programed keys.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Call for ground crew to install it.

Thanks! I missed the change in the Patch Notes.:doh:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Is it this way in the real thing? It somehow annoys me as i often used both during missions when switching from A/A to A/G. If it's realistic, it's ok with me. But still wondering why THIS has priority for correction while we are still limited to 30 flares...:dunno:

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Is it this way in the real thing? It somehow annoys me as i often used both during missions when switching from A/A to A/G. If it's realistic, it's ok with me. But still wondering why THIS has priority for correction while we are still limited to 30 flares...:dunno:

I don´t know. Maybe we have one here who knows that? Can´t you take your NVG´s in a bag in the cockpit with you for later use (IRL)?

I do like to have the option in flight too. Especially JHMCS with NVG´s together was sometimes very useful ( I do like it when everything is correct as IRL and yes this is not, but it was nice anyways).

What? Really? is that intended?

This is also a really weird change to be honest. Especially cause it changed for all modules in the sim as far as I noticed..

This is also a really weird change to be honest. Especially cause it changed for all modules in the sim as far as I noticed..

Sounds like they applied the NVG filter from the Ka-50...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Help- F-18 NVG no longer Avail

Hi all, I just recently switched my install from stable to open beta. Since then on the Hornet, no amount of RSHIFT+H or rebinding to HOTAS (on sensors menu) will activate the goggles. Is there a file that needs to be edited/checked to ensure this works?

The NVG or JHMCS is selected from ground crew when you first load into the jet. You can not have both, so pick wisely.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Where did I put those NVGs?

Since last patch, I can’t access my NVGs for the Hornet; either using the bound key for “toggle NVG” or the stock “r-shift H”. Haven’t tried other planes but was something added I missed? If no one else has this then maybe it’s because I’m using a mission I made on the ME before the patch (why not? Makes my LGBs miss if I play on a pre-patch ME mission)

Fair enough. But I didn’t see it on the first page and I’m at work...so I didn’t scan. I didnt even see a search function on the thread but nothing came back on google. So, my apologies

Forum mod: apologies....duplicate. Pls delete and I’ll be your best friend

In fairness, this should have been mentioned in the release notes, but come on people - a quick use of the search button or browse of the 1st page of posts would give you your answer. It' s been asked in 3 or 4 threads now.

See this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=286639

It was mentioned in the patch notes.

go to the patch notes, find the section on the Hornet, it's the 4th item from the bottom.