No Black Pilot Skins???

ramirras

No, it's not. I can't remember the last time I saw the pilot's body in a replay or cinematic, much less the skintone. Even if you did, the hands are covered in gloves, the head is covered with a helmet, and the face is covered with tinted visors. You cannot see the skintone at all. The whole argument is simply SJW trolling for attention. The whole idea of a pilot avatar is unnecessary because you become the avatar when you play the game. The avatar is whatever you want it.

Actually, you CAN see the face/ skin tone under the visor- a good friend of mine has been offering to attempt to recreate my face in my personalized Mirage skin in-game just for that reason.

As far as "SJW trolling for attention," what does that even mean? Just because people have different life experiences than you doesn't make them invalid.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get on my PC in part to escape this constant bullshi1t and now it’s following me here..........So fed up of hearing that word all the time

Like Lewis Hamilton and his constant bleating on about how it’s so hard for black people to succeed in Formula one.... can anyone see the irony there? And I used to be his biggest fan until he started on.....

Enough already, surprised no one has complained there are no fat avatars or ginger haired or disabled .......it’s a game, leave it alone!!!! Please can we leave the gender and race politics out of at least somewhere .....political correctness should not be someth9ng that rears it’s ugly head in this fantasy world......

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I get on my PC in part to escape this constant bullshi1t and now it’s following me here..........So fed up of hearing that word all the time

Like Lewis Hamilton and his constant bleating on about how it’s so hard for black people to succeed in Formula one.... can anyone see the irony there? And I used to be his biggest fan until he started on.....

Enough already, surprised no one has complained there are no fat avatars or ginger haired or disabled .......it’s a game, leave it alone!!!! Please can we leave the gender and race politics out of at least somewhere .....political correctness should not be someth9ng that rears it’s ugly head in this fantasy world......

If the subject hurts you that much, why don't you just ignore it and live your life? Just step away! Do you feel threatened about people asking for a simple 3D model coloring and female model?

Leave this post for the ones who cares, like me.

I see several posts asking for such tiny details like 1% of performance difference, or same old crap posts (BF109 takeoff is not realistic) that it's interesting for maybe 1 our 2 people. Why cant' we ask for some 3D models representing each race and gender?

Go back to 1950 then. This is 2020 and people like to be represented. Why are all the pilots white males and not black or asian males? Why are they white ppl all the time? Why not all females?

For the people asking for mustaches, that's ok, you have the right to ask for it. Get this chance to also ask for a pocket saw, a checkered t-shirt and a pit smoker.

I agree that this is not a Role Playing Game but Im sure 3d artists can adapt the models in like a week. Just like they change the color of the landing gear because of that photo from wikipedia.

I've spend thousands of dollars maybe just on this simulator, I support the developers by having every single module ever created. I can request a black model, american latin model, asian, female, whatever.

Edited by diogofalcao

A-10C / AJS-37 / AV-8B / BF-109 / KA-50 / F-14 / F-16C / F-5E / F/A-18C / FC3 / JF-17 / F-86 / M-2000C / MiG-21bis / P-51D / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / UH-1H Huey

No, it's not. I can't remember the last time I saw the pilot's body in a replay or cinematic, much less the skintone. Even if you did, the hands are covered in gloves, the head is covered with a helmet, and the face is covered with tinted visors. You cannot see the skintone at all. The whole argument is simply SJW trolling for attention. The whole idea of a pilot avatar is unnecessary because you become the avatar when you play the game. The avatar is whatever you want it.

Think I can see some skin-tone here on these guys (it's OK to look - no female forms to trigger anyone):

attachment.php?attachmentid=192387&stc=1&d=1534721662

Maybe here ? :

Desktop_Screenshot_2018.08.20_-_12.27.25.11.png

or here:

dcs-world-mi-24p-hind-05-flight-simulator.jpg

both these guys:

attachment.php?attachmentid=231675&stc=1&d=1586056410

Harder:

001.jpg

Easier:

Screen_161027_210602.jpg

Easier again:

Screen_180214_220946.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

So my partner just got home, so I'll go hang out with her, but that's enough to show that the ethnicity and gender of the pilots is often obvious, and mostly white and male.

Hope no one finds the idea of that changing too upsetting, but E.D. should really get onto it.

Cheers.

If the subject hurts you that much, why don't you just ignore it and live your life? Just step away! Do you feel threatened about people asking for a simple 3D model coloring and female model? (…)

It does seem like it doesn't it ?

Why get so upset about the idea not all the pilots being white men ?

Cheers.

Yes! Please make it happen! The more the better!

While you are at it, dear ED, please also bring the cows already.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

First world problem.. ED, pls make a color palette so the people can choose from, ffs..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Why do females have problems with male voices while I have no problem playing with female ones? It's such a ridiculous thing to be angry just for the voice. I've always hated people when they try to make a passion subject to sexuality.

Log onto any MMO, and compare the amount of men who play female characters, to the amount of women who play male characters.

The former, too many to count. The latter, in my 15+ years of playing MMOs daily, I encountered just the one ( 1 ).

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

If the subject hurts you that much, why don't you just ignore it and live your life? Just step away! Do you feel threatened about people asking for a simple 3D model coloring and female model?

Leave this post for the ones who cares, like me.

I see several posts asking for such tiny details like 1% of performance difference, or same old crap posts (BF109 takeoff is not realistic) that it's interesting for maybe 1 our 2 people. Why cant' we ask for some 3D models representing each race and gender?

Go back to 1950 then. This is 2020 and people like to be represented. Why are all the pilots white males and not black or asian males? Why are they white ppl all the time? Why not all females?

For the people asking for mustaches, that's ok, you have the right to ask for it. Get this chance to also ask for a pocket saw, a checkered t-shirt and a pit smoker.

I agree that this is not a Role Playing Game but Im sure 3d artists can adapt the models in like a week. Just like they change the color of the landing gear because of that photo from wikipedia.

I've spend thousands of dollars maybe just on this simulator, I support the developers by having every single module ever created. I can request a black model, american latin model, asian, female, whatever.

I agree 100%, well said!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Go back to 1950 then. This is 2020 and people like to be represented.

Don't you mean "This is 2020 and people like to find reasons to be offended"? :music_whistling:

In all seriousness, the OPs request is reasonable. A lot of games nowadays offer deep character customisation, but it tends to be baked into the game from the outset. But bear in mind the roots of DCS go way back so it's probably not so easy to facilitate. But some statement from ED perhaps putting this onto a future development roadmap would hopefully make some people happy.

I agree that this is not a Role Playing Game but Im sure 3d artists can adapt the models in like a week.

But you are approaching it like some kind of RPG.

Nothing happens in a week in this game's development. In flight sims we have a tradition of adding things ourselves when want something in the sim. People make aircraft skins, they build missions and campaigns, code in lua (ffs!), all to bring their vision to reality. I hear that right now you can reskin a pilot, so get to it! You can also create custom voices and share them with the community. This is all comes down to motivation level...

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Here is the irony. One of the few black pilot skins we have in the game sits in a 334th FS P-51. Wrong squadron, wrong fighter group, wrong air force (8th vs. 9th). But someone clever should be able to move his (head) texture to the pilot textures of other aircraft where the face is visible, no?

attachment.php?attachmentid=248287&stc=1&d=1601039652

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

lP6qNCz_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

I just edited my pilot dds. Came out great. Now I have an African American pilot.

Edited by Creature_1stVFW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Why is it nonsense that the OP wants a pilot with darker skin? I wanted one too, so I made one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Don't you mean "This is 2020 and people like to find reasons to be offended"? :music_whistling:

This!

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

are you interested in airplanes

or actually just yourself???

narcissistic freaks

+ 1 :thumbup:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I put my own face on the pilot in my personal F-86 skin just for a laugh.

DCS is a sandbox with pail and shovel. Build your own sandcastle instead of demanding someone else do it for you.

If they would build their own sandcastle, they would have nothing to complain about. It's much simpler to demand something to be done by someone else.

It's really simple... if you don't understand, keep scrolling. The fact that you feel compelled to come onto this thread with negativity say A LOT about who you are and it's not good.

Just like you wanting the pilot to look like you says a lot about you too.

Who I am is not bothering ED with stuff that isn't important.

Buzz