No Black Pilot Skins???

ramirras

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how did you do this , it sounds interesting

I just edited the pilot texture. I simply colored the light skin brown using Photoshop. Really simple task.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

I just edited the pilot texture. I simply colored the light skin brown using Photoshop. Really simple task.

Any tutorial for that anywhere? I've tried this a time or four myself, and it's always gone disastrously. Also, does it work in MP?

For those saying "just do it yourself instead of asking ED to do it," some of us aren't skinners with several hundred dollar photoshop software, years of experience, and lots of free time to learn. Plus, if it doesn't carry over to multiplayer, that's a different story.

I identify as Yak Face from the Star Wars universe and I demand the cockpits be made larger to properly fit my massive cranium.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

are you interested in airplanes

or actually just yourself???

narcissistic freaks

So if every pilot avatar in the game was a suddenly a black female, none of the white male crowd would even raise an eyebrow? Everyone would just be "Yeah - that's cool. I'm just here for the airplanes?"

Yeah, that's totally how that'd play out... ;)

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Any tutorial for that anywhere? I've tried this a time or four myself, and it's always gone disastrously. Also, does it work in MP?

For those saying "just do it yourself instead of asking ED to do it," some of us aren't skinners with several hundred dollar photoshop software, years of experience, and lots of free time to learn. Plus, if it doesn't carry over to multiplayer, that's a different story.

Do it yourself as in the community can do it. I'm sure someone will post the files.

Buzz

I don't have the time to learn how to create skins. Maybe you are a teenager, I have a family and my own company to take care. WE are asking ED to do it. Period. We WILL ask for it because we PAID for this product.

A-10C / AJS-37 / AV-8B / BF-109 / KA-50 / F-14 / F-16C / F-5E / F/A-18C / FC3 / JF-17 / F-86 / M-2000C / MiG-21bis / P-51D / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / UH-1H Huey

I don't have the time to learn how to create skins. Maybe you are a teenager, I have a family and my own company to take care. WE are asking ED to do it. Period. We WILL ask for it because we PAID for this product.

You sure bought a lot of planes for someone with no time to fly them.

The teenage comment couldn't have been pointed at me.

Ever look at all the user files? Someone will post this if it's wanted that bad.

Buzz

Yep, this. I mean, IL-2 is putting women pilots in for the Night Witches, after all.

So if every pilot avatar in the game was a suddenly a black female, none of the white male crowd would even raise an eyebrow? Everyone would just be "Yeah - that's cool. I'm just here for the airplanes?"

Yeah, that's totally how that'd play out... ;)

EXACTLY!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I too am insecure enough to be offended by people who don't look like me requesting a gesture of representation that doesn't inconvenience me in any way.

Think of the horrors such a move would unleash upon the world! Such as... and... also... Okay, I can't think of any horrors such a move would unleash upon the world, but challenging the status quo vaguely offends me some how, for some reason.

Hmm... Long before I made this post, I actually tried that but couldn't get Photoshop to open the file. What do I need to do to make that happen?

One more question... Did you simply change the skin tone or did you do the extras like the shading and such? Just curious.

Actually, whilst I don't care I've tried to get my wife into a number of games over the years and she will NOT play anything with a male avatar. Yet I see blokes playing female avatars and being OK with that. There is something wired differently between us in that way. If we make a comparison quickly, without dwelling on it, to the infantry sim, it also lagged behind in this respect.

It's not that its not wanted, in fact aviation is a really good place to make a stand for equality here, its just with ED having so many millions of bugs to deal with, I'd hate that they spent their precious resources trying to please everyone, because I know this wouldnt please any minority, it would just highlight inadequacy and stir up resentment. Just concentrate on the core game, leave pilots and skins to the skinners. Just because the F-16 doesn't have a Norweigan skin doesn't make ED hate Vikings, it just means they had some other stuff to do first.

Now make the market audience for DCS 50% female and you would likely have female pilot skins already. Minorities cannot forcibly over represent themselves, it's just numbers. If things werent different, it would be a boring world.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Generally it's good sense to check that a product meets your requirements before paying for it.

I am sorry but your comment doesn't add nothing to the discussion

I see hundreds of posts asking for 1% performance match up. Why can't we ask for a simple 3d model and several skin tones?

Is that too much? Really????

Just check the first page of each planes forum and you will see.

Something is wrong here. I see lots of you supporting those requests. Maybe some of you are racists?

Edited by diogofalcao

A-10C / AJS-37 / AV-8B / BF-109 / KA-50 / F-14 / F-16C / F-5E / F/A-18C / FC3 / JF-17 / F-86 / M-2000C / MiG-21bis / P-51D / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / UH-1H Huey

You paid for the product, now you're asking for something additional that wasn't part of the deal.

Lots of us have families and jobs. It's just a matter of how important it is to you to learn how to make the skin yourself.

I actually prefer tha it is left to us. That way we don't end up paying extra for it.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

You're the one bothered about the white pilot.

Of course I am, there are pilots in every single country in the world. Why only White and Russian Pilots represented?

You paid for the product, now you're asking for something additional that wasn't part of the deal.

Lots of us have families and jobs. It's just a matter of how important it is to you to learn how to make the skin yourself.

I actually prefer tha it is left to us. That way we don't end up paying extra for it.

Really??? What's the difficult of creating a female model and skin tones?

Honestly, I am a black rich person. I don't care to pay extra for the product as long as I am represented.

Edited by diogofalcao

Grabbing an extra large tub of popcorn!!

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

You know, some things are based on the norm, what is usual or average.

The virtual pilot in the Su-27 is white? Well, guess what, probably there aren't nearly as many black pilots in the Russian air force, as there are white pilots.

Probably the same goes for the USAF/USN, though I'd expect there to be more black and asian pilots than in Russia.

I would however expect the Saudi pilots to look more tanned.

In the same way, most F-16s are grey, they don't have a tigermeet livery. In fact, some private modder made a tiger livery, and not ED.

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be fantastic if ED included all possible ages,body types, genders, hair styles, skin tones, sunglasses, names under the canopy, colors of airplanes etc. to suit absolutely every single person in the world.

However I'd prefer if they spent that time working on FMs, weapons etc.

You can make your own skin exactly as you like, or you can take it for what it is: a small texture that becomes invisible as soon as your mask is on and the visor is lowered.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

You're the one bothered about the white pilot.

Being bothered about the absence of non-white pilots isn't the same as being bothered about a white pilot.

If you walked into a supermarket and observed that all they had on the shelves was Bran Flakes, that wouldn't imply that you had an issue with Bran Flakes - it would just imply that you had an issue with the lack of choice on offer.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I too am insecure enough to be offended by people who don't look like me requesting a gesture of representation that doesn't inconvenience me in any way.

Think of the horrors such a move would unleash upon the world! Such as... and... also... Okay, I can't think of any horrors such a move would unleash upon the world, but challenging the status quo vaguely offends me some how, for some reason.

BINGO!!! :megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

It's interesting that in the past few days the top 6 threads feature polite requests, asking for better representation. In terms of gender and race.

[ATTACH]248317[/ATTACH]

Though, I'm understanding more and more, there's a lot of DIY in this community (from skins to UFCs and cockpit builds), perhaps ED, does need to start a new ticket for this. Or, even to bump it up the backlog a bit.

A previous workplace I was at was all about listening to people and consumers. When people needed features, it was discussed at length. Sometimes, the backlog would often be re-prioritised and sometimes in keeping with times of change and/or to be competitive.

Either way, hot topic, hot discussion. Current. :)