Laser JDAMs

RodBorza

Well,

Last patch gave us Laser JDAMs. Before the A-10C.

It is nice. However, didi some testing, and they are only working as JDAMs.

Tried to launch as a JDAM and then terminal guide it as a LGB, but did not work. Maybe something is missing or I am doing the release as LGB wrong.

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

I have done it a few times... You have to remember the laser is only good for few miles so you might have been to far. I also always change the code off 1111 not sure if that matters. I dropped like a jdam and then after about 10 sec (I was up at 30k) sparkle on and it hit the new target.

They definitely work as laser JDAMs, at least in some modes. I dropped them last night and 100% confirmed they can be diverted with the laser after launch

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Win10 x64, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 1600X @3.60 GHz, 500 GB SSD, GeForce 1080 Ti

Well,

Last patch gave us Laser JDAMs. Before the A-10C.

It is nice. However, didi some testing, and they are only working as JDAMs.

Tried to launch as a JDAM and then terminal guide it as a LGB, but did not work. Maybe something is missing or I am doing the release as LGB wrong.

To me GBU-54 Laser JDAM works as advertised. With or without laser designation.

Engagement process that works for me.

1 Select LJDAM from STRS page.

2 Find target with TPOD. Stabilize target cross on intended victim.

3 ARM laser, and set to LSR. Get range to target by pressing RNG.

4 Hold NEXT WAYPOINT button for 1 second. This sends target coords to weapon, and displays range release que.

5 When CIP is 90 ish, release weapon.

6. Optionally lase target if its moving. FOr that TPOD needs to be in point track PT mode. Static target can also be lased, and weapon will guide to lased point. Useful if you want to alter impact point after weapon release.

Nifty little weapon. Would be nice if multiple GBU-54 could be carried on same station, like GBU-38. 54 is almost same as 38, just with laser seeker.

Nifty little weapon. Would be nice if multiple GBU-54 could be carried on same station, like GBU-38. 54 is almost same as 38, just with laser seeker.

It should eventually be able to, when they model the digital rack (DITER). Multiple 38 carriage is currently incorrectly modeled for the dumb rack (ITER).

I have done it a few times... You have to remember the laser is only good for few miles so you might have been to far. I also always change the code off 1111 not sure if that matters. I dropped like a jdam and then after about 10 sec (I was up at 30k) sparkle on and it hit the new target.

Just for note, I did a quick test and you can use the code 1111 for the GBU-54. I don't know if it is a bug or not.

Did the 1111 code work for point tracked moving target? Becouse I thought that 1111 or 0000 code is 'safe' switch for laser seeker. Code should be set to 1688. In RL, that code is briefed via JTAC Operations Order as part of Air Tasking Order (ATO) part of overall battle plan.

1688 is the NATO standard yes, but that doesn't mean it always is, especially in larger complex operations codes will very likely be different.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did the 1111 code work for point tracked moving target? Becouse I thought that 1111 or 0000 code is 'safe' switch for laser seeker. Code should be set to 1688. In RL, that code is briefed via JTAC Operations Order as part of Air Tasking Order (ATO) part of overall battle plan.

Yes, moving target.