Ground / Airbase objects

BrumTx

thank you, shemi

do i need to add anything more into Meinit.xml ?

Think no - just install whit ModMan

And add ALS in mission in static objects.

[LEFT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=3][B]=2ИАЕ=[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [/LEFT]

MadTommy you'll have to edit Merzifon1.3 in order to remove hangar files!

So,

1. Go to LOFC_Original_scenery_mod_Merzifon_v1-3.zip\Bazar\World\Shapes\ and delete all Hangar files leaving only towbar.LOM file.

2. Also take a look at LOFC_Original_scenery_mod_Merzifon_v1-3.zip\Bazar\TempTextures\ and delete Hangar9.bmp, DeutscheFlagge.bmp and Hangar4.bmp. These are hangar skins so no need for it if we removed Tomcatz hangar from LOFC Original scenery mod Merzifon v1-3 mod!

3. Save it, compress again and install thru Modman!

This only removes Tomcatz hangar and skins, I still haven't done it myself so no promisses that this move makes Birdy's v1.3 compatible with Airbase objects mod! Perhaps it's not just Tomcatz Hangars that may cause a conflict!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks mate... i tried this and something went very wrong... I've lost all rextures for all airbases.

I've tried uninstalling this edited mod.. no joy.. i've also removed and re-installed any relevent airbase texture mods.. but still no airfiled textures. And i cant access the map (F10) while flying.

Something went very wrong.. looks like i might have to re-install :(

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

My observations are that the Mod works by replacing the earth embankment that are located around some of the single (bomber size) parking places on some airbases with the eye candy - lights, tow bars, signs etc.

As for the apron areas, a couple of bases have little grey boxes on an apron area. The Mod replaces the little grey boxes with the eye candy.

In my Merzifon 1.3 scenery mod I also added those sol-called earth embankments and toolboxes as well as Tomcatzs' hangars.

This could cause problems as some toolboxes are located inside the hangars. Removing Tomcatz hangars will probably not solve the problem.

I could make a version 1.4 that doesn't have Tomcatz hangars. I could then even place the toolboxes on more bases so you'll have that eye candy some more.

If you have some good quality LOM or CMD models I can include them in a new scenery version aswell

Just tell me what you'd like guys.

PS: someone please give me a direct link via PM for the mentioned mods?

Birdy

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

oh yeah :) Mega Thx :)

I tought to contact you by PM to ask something like this... But I don't because moders are pretty busy and if everybody comes to ask something, they'll get crazy.

Of my point of view the parkings are a much better improvement than the hangars.

Will it be possible to include the ALS mod to ?

by the way, many thx for all the great mods you've done ;)

Links :

Parkings (login required) :

http://lockonforum.de/jgs_db.php?action=show&eintrags_id=118&sid=

Als mod :

realease modman (mirror here a here).

and the missing file for the temptextures

http://www.thefilehost.net/download.php?id=0A3BD6181

Maybe the full working version ^_^

http://rapidshare.com/files/111484067/ALS_landing_lights.zip.html

There is some others mods which can maybe be used in a V 1.4 ^_^

Somes a farm with cows, birds, fields etc...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=27049

The Grandsurfs runways textures are also very very good

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=220

Maybe the groudncrew, even if they are statics could be cool :

http://lockonforum.de/jgs_db.php?action=show&eintrags_id=108&sid=

Static objects mod V1

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=24&file=653&lang=en

For those who wants to know what mods i used (all are not there because sometimes I install them manually... Merfizon for example)

Modman2.jpg

Modman1.jpg

Lothamroth - www.Lockon.Fr - Vimeo Channel - Youtube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't understand why these graphics are so dependant on other mods. The LOM files and temptextures seem to be different so why won't they work.

Attached a screenshot with Tomcatz parkingbox using the original high.scn and one with my high.scn version 1.3

I jave simular problems with the Towbar mod; It showed ok (green collored) on my laptop but not ok (yellow collored) on my PC at home.

Can someone explain what things influence weather the objects are displayed correctly or not?

tnx

ScreenShot_000.thumb.jpg.ec71ce6e3cbeed589be501978d23cfcf.jpg

ScreenShot_001.thumb.jpg.c34e6815f4181883130fb065554479f8.jpg

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

I don't understand why these graphics are so dependant on other mods. The LOM files and temptextures seem to be different so why won't they work.

Attached a screenshot with Tomcatz parkingbox using the original high.scn and one with my high.scn version 1.3

I jave simular problems with the Towbar mod; It showed ok (green collored) on my laptop but not ok (yellow collored) on my PC at home.

Can someone explain what things influence weather the objects are displayed correctly or not?

tnx

In the process of making a 3d model in 3ds max, the materials would be assigned to the surface of that model and the textures applied to that material, the texture name should be the same as the materials name.

Now any size texture would stick to the model if it’s placed in temp-textures with the same name as that material, however if there is a mode with graphics config and meinit files where the config would assign the paths for that texture and meinit would assign the paths for that model and skins, ha ha ha, than you laughing…

There is a cdds studio for which you would prepare your textures and make them proportionately square like 64pix 128, 512, 1024, 2048 I.e. 64x128 is ok 512x(1024x2) = 512x2048=long strip and they have to be 24 bit as well and I don’t know why that is.

I had the same problem with my models and had them resolved by looking at these things to resolve them.

Now try some of them cows and bird mode http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=27049 and see if they look alright and leme know if they don’t.:book:

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

In the process of making a 3d model in 3ds max, the materials would be assigned to the surface of that model and the textures applied to that material, the texture name should be the same as the materials name.

Now any size texture would stick to the model if it’s placed in temp-textures with the same name as that material, however if there is a mode with graphics config and meinit files where the config would assign the paths for that texture and meinit would assign the paths for that model and skins, ha ha ha, than you laughing…

There is a cdds studio for which you would prepare your textures and make them proportionately square like 64pix 128, 512, 1024, 2048 I.e. 64x128 is ok 512x(1024x2) = 512x2048=long strip and they have to be 24 bit as well and I don’t know why that is.

I had the same problem with my models and had them resolved by looking at these things to resolve them.

Now try some of them cows and bird mode http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=27049 and see if they look alright and leme know if they don’t.:book:

Tomcatz ground crew2.0 will frig up the Parkingplace mod as well. You have half of the body made up of signs, pole color, concrete,etc the other half camo. If you make tomcatz ground crew work then the parkplace mod ends up all screwed up, in color only though. Oh the world of modding. Both really nice mods but would like them to exist togeather without texture problem. Not a modder so I have no idea where to look. Hope someone can post a fix. I hope Tomcatz can come up with something if he is not to busy as I know that most modders have a lot on their plates. Cheers and here's hoping.:thumbup:

That's what happens when orange is used as the base colour for that material, WTF for? and what if the user wanted to paint it blue etc? then guess where that idea is going, the base colour of that material should rather be gray.

There is a way for these types of mods to be compatible it's the case of editing graphics cofig, meinit, structtable.sht files manually.

It's up to the model makers to make their models up to LO standards where the right number of polys and the number of lods should be used for the best FPS, becouse one can install a mode and still have good fps and after installing another mode in which models don't have lods or cdds textures, one may experience a significant FPS drop.

Allthough a great idea, at this point the graphics by Tomcatz need some tuning before I can use them in a future scenery mod.

Works like a charme except for one pair of oiltanks that remain white.

I do like the animals but agree that the farm and fence look bit to 'neat'.

I'm also afraid that the need to modify the graphics config will make it less suitable for a scenery mod as it will screw up most people's setup.

Is there a way around this?

The single trees do look great and I could use some seperate LOM files of stand-alone trees and low bushes for a future scenery mod.

• Like 1

The single trees do look great and I could use some seperate LOM files of stand-alone trees and low bushes for a future scenery mod.

Wow m8, low bushes would be great along taxiways and roads!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm also afraid that the need to modify the graphics config will make it less suitable for a scenery mod as it will screw up most people's setup.

Is there a way around this?

Unfortunately when it come to adding new models and cdds textures, the graphics config and structtable.sht files would have to be edited for texture paths and damage models and I’m not sure if the skins file can do all that on it’s own I haven’t tried that.

To avoid screwing other mods with graphics config it shouldn’t be replaced but only a text line or two added to it per mode.

The white oil tanks are meant to be the new milk tanks or cheese thanks or cows drink tanks.:)

I would need a nice picture of a bush that can be used for texture preferably next to a white building… Ok just on some background will do.:D

Lockon 2.0 or not ? :megalol:

pic1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg pic2_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg pic3_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg pic4_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Dear ED !

Please decompilate your graphics engine to DX9. Please ....

AMD Athlon 64 6000+, 4GB DDRII 800+, 400GB RAID0, HD4870 1GB, 22" LCD 16:9, Saitek X52, TrackIr 3 Pro

pic1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg pic2_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg pic3_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg pic4_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Mate could you upload pictures somewhere else ? This image hosting site is eer crap and I had to wait about 10 minutes to competely loading, only me or you too?

:)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Dear ED !

Please decompilate your graphics engine to DX9. Please ....

If the yellow lines on the ground belong to the 3d models as a .tga Overlay or is it a big Parking-Texture? Do you have shadows on it like here or here?

Mate could you upload pictures somewhere else ? This image hosting site is eer crap and I had to wait about 10 minutes to competely loading, only me or you too?

:)

Same here...:(

Anyway, even the sole thumbnails look great :)

Cheers

Az'

spacer.png

The yellow lines on the ground belong to the 3d models as a .tga Overlay. The parking number is too...

Your pictures created with BS engine or Lockon? I haven't shadow on the ground with All planar graphics mode.

Can you get some ideas? ...

AMD Athlon 64 6000+, 4GB DDRII 800+, 400GB RAID0, HD4870 1GB, 22" LCD 16:9, Saitek X52, TrackIr 3 Pro

The Pics are from Lo/FC with edit xxx.vpp files to use new Textures on Ground in Layers for dirt, stripes... . Made this Pics also with full Planar Setings (NV Self Shadow Bug in the FC/DX8 Engine) but the shadows are fine!

How do you made the tga Overlays over the Apron Texture?

• Like 1

Thx. But i don't editing the vpp files :cry:

My all objects is static objects and I use the scenedit2.exe

WPP-CZS.BMP and WPP-ZALIWKA.BMP file is a renamed TGA file with 0% oppacity.