Ground / Airbase objects

BrumTx

question

Hauf: are you finished with the ALS mod or are you still working on it to make lights brighter. On and Off times would be a plus but not a priority would just like them brighter for distance viewing, your other mods look promising. Keep up the good work.:thumbup:

I'll hazard a guess that something got lost in translation and that what was meant by the original poster was that the Mod is for exclusive Squad use only, akin to the 159th Squad Skin as well as all other Squad skins that for a variety of reasons are not for Public 'consumption' and in my opinion rightly so.

Now one could argue that the landing light mod cannot be equated with something as particular as a Squad Skin - and you would be right: However I am not about to debate the intention of the Author of the Mod, suffice to say that he did not expressly state that the Mod is Payware - maybe give him the benefit of the doubt?

Saying that - would be nice to share, would'nt it? ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Viper is right, that is the key sentence.

No need to flame HUAF-074.

I am not refering to what he did for his squad. I am talking about the ALS mod which is available free at TWO download sites and are still there to download free. What was asked of Hauf was a fix for that mod to make the lights brighter so you could see from a distance. No answer to that from several posters here. If he does not want to do it then tell us. Yes it is his work and I have no problem with what he does but to offer something for free and not even respond to a request is a little upsetting. If he doesn't want to fix that free mod, it is his right and got no problem with it but at least let us know..There is something wrong here and I think we are getting confused over what he has done for his squad which is much more than the free download which I believe is a seperate issue from the squads mod. We are talking about two different things here. The ALS free mod is just the Approach lights, nothing else and we ask if he could make the lights brighter so you can see them from a distance, which to me is a fair request. Yes it is up to Hauf if he does or does not do it for us but at least be responsible enough to tell us that's all we ask, we or I am not flaming him, just trying to figure out what is going on. Seems fair to me. What others say does not enter into my statement. It is a different issue as I see it.:noexpression:

I think he meant that the 'brighter/corrected' version (he posted some pics about it) is for his Virtual Flying Team and the original ALS mod is for the public. But I may be wrong.

You are right Rattler, the situation is now a bit confusing and we got lost between the lines. A clear-up would be appreciated.

Eg.: Good idea Lotham!

Ok here is some first hand informaiton about this. It is not public, thats all.

Not to start anything but ALS was released public on two free download sites. That is the discussion, what was given to the public and we asked for a couple of fixes, brighter lights and the lights are off set. That's it. Nothing to do with what was done for his Squad. All we would like to know is , would he consider fixing that mod for the public. If not would he mind if someone else tried. Like I said in my last post, there are two seperate things going on here and it got confused. So Mechanist your first hand statement is not quite right as there is a public ALS mod. It is just the approach lights only, very small mod, not the one done for his squad which looks a lot bigger and a lot more detail. Again this is NOT the mode we are trying to discuss. How much clearer can I make this. Fix public mod yes or no. Let someone else try yes or no. Is that easy enough?:doh:

• 5 months later...

Guys, what is ALS mode? The best hit I got in the search was 'alternative loading screen'. But I guess it's something to do with the objects on the airbases. Anyway, does anyone know if I can find it anywhere? Or if there's a kind sole who could PM me?

Thanks!

Sabre.