[REPORTED] CCRP SPI not updating with TGP designation

P4I3L0

As simple as that, only able to drop on actual WPs, designating another target on the TGP does not move the SPI, resulting on always dropping on the same spot, no matter where the TGP is looking.

I think it is related on the TGP not being able to move SPIs as the same issue appers with SP mode, i.e. not being able to drop on a TOO desginated with TGP.

On a side note, i can confirm that HUD los square is not line up with designation.

F16 CCRP issue.trk

Added 2 tracks with the issue

The TD box on the HUD is not moving along with the TGP, this means the SPI and designation is not updating with the TGP and the SPI is glued to the STPT, CCRP cues will guide to the SPI and not the TGP.

in the 2nd track the problem is apparent when trying to slew the maverick it will snap back to the old SPI and its impossible to slew it.

To reproduce:

With the TGP on STPT, TMS UP/RIGHT to initiate track and slew it. it is not consistent and may require a few slew attempts but it is easily reproduceable.

note that trying to slew the TGP without initiating a track will set the SPI on the TGP correctly however its not always possible to slew without a track.

F16_TGP_SPI.trk

F16_TGP_SPI_MAV_SLEW.trk

Edited by afof

Okay I retested it, and found what the issue is:

If you drop on a WP with the Big reticle i.e. not TMS up or right, after dropping the SPI remains there, the only way to "force" the SPI to follow the TGP is by TMS up LONG, thus being able to use the TGP for CCRP.

Furthermore, after the bomb hits, you are able to TMS down and making the big crosses appeare again, without the TGP reverting to the initual WP (like CZ).

It appears to me that , after each drop, a new SPI is created, having to TMS up LONG to select different target.

Added 2 tracks with the issue

The TD box on the HUD is not moving along with the TGP, this means the SPI and designation is not updating with the TGP and the SPI is glued to the STPT, CCRP cues will guide to the SPI and not the TGP.

in the 2nd track the problem is apparent when trying to slew the maverick it will snap back to the old SPI and its impossible to slew it.

Yes , same issue with MAVS as well, please see my new post and check if that works for you.

On top of that, i´m completely unable to use SP mode, always points to the WP, no matter what i do with TMS.

Edited by P4I3L0

TGP Not SPI?

I'm getting this consistent issue when I use the TGP and get one good pass with it and then it won't be SPI? anymore. All of my subsequent passes seem to stop working. Bombs are falling short, Mavs won't target etc. everything needs to be manually targeted because the TGP becomes useless. I can't tell if i'm doing anything wrong or it's a bug.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dQbN0WVVHTFxc3N0PTLA62lW_JoXPR5i/view?usp=sharing

Best Complement: "You fly like a Psychotic 5 year old" :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm getting this consistent issue when I use the TGP and get one good pass with it and then it won't be SPI? anymore. All of my subsequent passes seem to stop working. Bombs are falling short, Mavs won't target etc. everything needs to be manually targeted because the TGP becomes useless. I can't tell if i'm doing anything wrong or it's a bug.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dQbN0WVVHTFxc3N0PTLA62lW_JoXPR5i/view?usp=sharing

This is a bug. I can't use the tgp anymore due to this. Only have it working properly as long as I use a single weapon type. It always fails to slew the target point after you switch weapons. sometimes happens straight up.

Happens to me too, TGP gets locked to CZ, even tho I can move it around the HUD box doesnt follow and Maverick locks to the same spot, and it just wont update.

Here is a screenshot, TGP is looking at the red smoke but the HUD box is not on that spot, but on CZ, same with Mav which is locked on the TGP HUD box position.

Screen_201002_235532.thumb.png.589f2123e304eef4058a3237c962ca69.png

Same problem here. But I find that if the SPI is currently visible within the HUD, and the HUD is the SOI, then when I slew the SPI around the TGP follows. And if I then swap SOI to the TGP and slew it, the HUD SPI follows. This has been a sort of manageable workaround.

(I am assuming SPI refers to the target designator box that shows up on the HUD in CCRP mode.)

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Same problem here. But I find that if the SPI is currently visible within the HUD, and the HUD is the SOI, then when I slew the SPI around the TGP follows. And if I then swap SOI to the TGP and slew it, the HUD SPI follows. This has been a sort of manageable workaround.

(I am assuming SPI refers to the target designator box that shows up on the HUD in CCRP mode.)

Interesting! Gonna try it, was going nuts when TGP bugs, have to reset the whole thing or get a new airframe.

Hope they fix this fast

I can reproduce this 100% of the time:

1. Have at least 2 steerpoints

2. Enter CCRP or PRE mode on a mav

3. SP (this usually change the SPI correctly but only the first time you do it in a session)

4. SP (to turn off snowplow)

5. CZ

6. SP

Basically just keep pressing SP and CZ and the SPI will be stuck on the steerpoint even if you do a point/area track right after SP.

I can upload a track later.

It's puzzling that the latest patch notes for both OB and Stable have this line:

• HUD CCRP indication doesn't sync with on TGP selected target - Fixed

I just tested it and it's still bugged.

We have this issue 109% of the time. Eagle Dynamics marked this bug thread as unable to reproduce? The Viper manual is not updated so can someone from the company please explain what all the DCS Viper pilots are doing wrong in the manual instead of just saying “cannot reproduce”. I know 14 DCS Viper pilots that will tell you they can reproduce it.

pilotfly.gif

Happens to me too, TGP gets locked to CZ, even tho I can move it around the HUD box doesnt follow and Maverick locks to the same spot, and it just wont update.[ATTACH]249089[/ATTACH]

Same situation here too.

Because I did not found a way out of it, I turned off the TGP (with the switch), and wanted to re-power it, but unfortunately I had to stop flying DCS for some reasons before testing it to the end. I will try that out once I find a minute during the week, now I have to leave my computer for work :noexpression:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

It’s infuriating CCRP is basically useless. I know it’s early access but this is crazy. Every other airframe can designate a system target with the TGP even the tomcat with the lantirn gives you launch parameters. I hope they fix this with the next patch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1. Happened many times in MAV PRE mode.

U can slew the TGP over with AREA/POINT track and the SPI just stuck on the original WP, and the MAV is desynchronized with TGP.(And we can't even slew the MAV in PRE mode after SPI designate...Ah...)

Deka Ironwork Tester Team