[REPORTED]AGM-65 selection garbles Steerpoint Info

Alpha

With the current OB (this week) when slecting AG-Mode with AGM-65 on the jet the Distance to the active Steerpoint and ETA on the HUD jumps to bizarre numbers. Also the DME on the HSI is affected in the same way.

Deselection of the AGM-65 or AG-Mode does not restore proper Data. The steerpoint HUD-box is also not shown correctly in NAV Mode anymore in this case.

Verified for AGM-65 D/H on Syria and Nellis Map. This also happens on the ground right after startup. Just select AG Mastermode and check the Steerpoint Dist/ETA on HUD and HSI.

Edited by Alpha

Experienced the same issue on PG MP map as well. HSD waypoints stayed the same, but INS nav waypoints became unusable.

AMD 5800X, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Ultra, 64GB G. Skill Ripjaws@3200, CoolerMaster ML360 AIO, Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, Samsung 960 Evo 250GB, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB, Sandisk 960GB, WD 2TB Black HDD, Asus GTX 1080FE, CoolerMaster C700M Case, Logitech G815 Kb, Logitech G903 Mouse, G13 Gamepad, Z906 500w 5.1 surround speakers, Track IR /w Trackclip pro, TM Cougar MFDS, Warthog Stick on Virpil Warbird Base/Throttle, MFG Crosswinds, 3 x AOC 27" curved 1440p monitors @ 7680 x 1440 resolution, HP Reverb G2

Same problem. What seems to be happening is that the nav system is showing distance to the target point (whatever it's called), not a steerpoint.

It should show usable numbers when you slew the sensor to the ground. Also, PRE mode should work nonetheless.

I don't know what's supposed to happen, but the same happens in Wags' video (13:55).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It happens because Mavericks jump back to VIS mode all the time ...

like when you go to MRM and then back to AG .. it will be in VIS mode again ..

or when you fired the last and switch modes back to NAV .. might end up in VIS mode .. and that shows you those bogus data.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Waypoints completely off

Hello,

i dont know what happened, but i found out after the update (havent flown for a couple of days) that my waypoints are completely off. I usually use "stored heading" alignment, before takeoff and wait till the "RDY" lights starts flashing. I used "inflight aligment" and normal alignment aswell (with confirming the coordinates), and still waypoints are literly miles off. Sometimes they are even way up in the sky.

I tried repairing DCS, but didn't help. I also made sure that the jet isn't moving during alignment and that the weapons are loaded, before even starting the engine. I tried recording it, but since im flying mostly on MP, the files get to big to upload here.

Is there anyone with the same problems? It makes flying Viper difficult this way

edit: tried the "Cold and Dark" mision a couple of times, with different alignment modes and every is working fine there

Kirks Freeflight summer evening 2.0.6-20200925-124705.zip

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

It had been awhile since I had flown the Viper but I did fly on OB patch day and noticed the same thing on a MP Persian Gulf map. Some of the waypoints were correct but most were grossly off. The odd part was the HSD page was totally correct for waypoint locations so we just ignored the INS indications and flew off of the HSD for current location. That MP map was hot started aircraft so the INS was already aligned.

I experienced this bug when I switch between A/G- or A/A- and NAV mode. Suddenly the distance to the chosen waypoint in the HUD increases (see trackfile, Nevada map is needed), as soon I switch back to NAV. The position of the waypoint also isn't correct anymore.

F-16C Bug Waypoint Distance Tonopah NTTR 01.trk

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

Have had this happen with Mavs powered on. HSD shows correct steerpoints, but the hud sherm is pointing nowhere near where it should, and the distance to waypoint information looks like I'm being hacked. Powering off all mavs eventually returned the sherm to where it should be pointing.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Confimed same issue on Syria TTI. Powering off mavs on the SMS page eventually returned correct steerpoint info.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Have had this happen with Mavs powered on. HSD shows correct steerpoints, but the hud sherm is pointing nowhere near where it should, and the distance to waypoint information looks like I'm being hacked. Powering off all mavs eventually returned the sherm to where it should be pointing.

Now that you say it.... I only flew the MP missions with the Mavericks loaded and power on. In the SP missions i tried (when it did work) i had the training bombs loaded, so we might be on too something here

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

I think it´s the TGP that messes up the wewaypoints.

When I use the TGP the waypoint positions and distance are messed up on the HUD, the HSD looks correct.

Maybe it´s remnants from when the TGP manipulated the active waypoint to which it was slaved.

I just flew a mission, practicing the AGM-88C HARM and flew without a TGP pod, HUD indications remained accurate.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

When I use the TGP the waypoint positions and distance are messed up on the HUD, the HSD looks correct.

Maybe it´s remnants from when the TGP manipulated the active waypoint to which it was slaved.

I just flew a mission, practicing the AGM-88C HARM and flew without a TGP pod, HUD indications remained accurate.

Then its the TGP or the Mavericks

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Might this be the same issue?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=286868

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Then its the TGP or the Mavericks

After I had issues with the steerpoints with Mavericks, I switched to a CAP loadout and didn't notice any issues with the TGP in A-A mode. Haven't yet tried TGP in A-G without Mavericks since the patch dropped though, so still could very well be a TGP issue.

Powering off the Mavericks did fix the issue for me though, and I didn't store the TGP.

Edited by Majik

It's definitely not the TGP. The track I attached on my first posting was without targeting pod, but with Mavs. I also think, that the bug is related to them.

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

EO VIS is treating the pre-designate aiming box the same as the TD box and generating system deltas like CCRP. This is wrong simulation. Pre-designate EO VIS is just a LOS slaving feature like DTOS, steerpoint is not updated.

I don't even think that post-designate EO VIS adds system deltas (same DTOS). You should be able to attack EO VIS or DTOS with all kinds of slewing pre or post designate and never apply any deltas.

In the track you can see simply slewing the pre-designate EO VIS box is doing wild things to the navigation solution on the EHSI.

F16 EO VIS predesignate move stpt.trk

Did you have mavericks loaded and powered on?

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Effectively, 6 AGM 65D for training, ON at take off, and switched on during alignment.

There is your problem. There seems to be a bug with Maverick switched on and steerpoint information. There are already 2 threads below this one, with the same issue (mine included)

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• ED Team

Merged three threads, will investigate.

My guess is it will relate to the phantom waypoint issue already reported, the SPI system should resolve this.

I will replay after I have investigated.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2