Huey throttle bug

Huey throttle does not respond to any axis assigned knob unless rotating it first with the mouse. Using a regular key works just fine but using an axis knob key does not. I think it mite have to do with the positioning of the throttle when you start a mission using cold startups. I noticed it is not positioned at idle. screenshots are taken of this. thanks

pic 132543- cold start position of throttle

pic 132559- idle position of throttle

Screen_200924_132543.thumb.png.efc580d0f666791b71cf990384a94acc.png

Screen_200924_132559.thumb.png.3a88fa5409e4adfe160a6f23956bb0b1.png

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I ran across this too. I have been using a ... what is it.. trimmer maybe?  where  when the wheel is spun up its a series of button presses  and not an axis?  I have been thinking about creating a virtual one of those  as a work around. dont know if its  doable with VKB software yet, but that would theoretically require a different profile for the stick software altogether because it would be changing the inputs to the game on the stick end rather than game end. I have one of those rotary wheels that acts as two buttons already, but it is at the opposite end of my control set up. kind of frustrating.  Also might be able to program voice attack to unlock the control with a virtual key press but again  I dont know how many presses of page up it takes to unlock the throttle. The last solution that probably will never happen is a binding similar to what some of the jets have  that moves the ingame throttle out of the cut position and into a start position. Many of  jet throttles will not respond until you do that. seems like they could have done it here. 

26 minutes ago, FlyingTaco21 said:

I ran across this too. I have been using a ... what is it.. trimmer maybe?  where  when the wheel is spun up its a series of button presses  and not an axis?  I have been thinking about creating a virtual one of those  as a work around. dont know if its  doable with VKB software yet, but that would theoretically require a different profile for the stick software altogether because it would be changing the inputs to the game on the stick end rather than game end. I have one of those rotary wheels that acts as two buttons already, but it is at the opposite end of my control set up. kind of frustrating.  Also might be able to program voice attack to unlock the control with a virtual key press but again  I dont know how many presses of page up it takes to unlock the throttle. The last solution that probably will never happen is a binding similar to what some of the jets have  that moves the ingame throttle out of the cut position and into a start position. Many of  jet throttles will not respond until you do that. seems like they could have done it here. 

2 presses of 0,1 second

As stated above, I don't think it is a bug.

I'll make a request to add an option allowing the use of the Throttle axis full range. 👍

By the way, does the "RWin + T" binding work? I see the button being pressed in the cockpit but it doesn't seem to unlock the throttle course. Is this a bug?

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

If you press PageDown, the throttle goes down to 'Idle Ground' and stops.

Press RWin + T once, the button will sink and you can press PageDown again to lower the throttle to 0

to turn off the engine completely.

Like the IRL procedure... but only with key press not axis

Checked just now with the latest OB

Edited by Tanuki44

@Flappie

It is indeed a bug I have seen some videos showing how the real huey throttle works in the cockpit

When the throttle is at zero percent, you are able to twist it and increase it out of idle

once it goes past idle it will not allow you to decrease it below idle without pressing the button on the collective (safety feature to stop you accidentally turning the throttle so low engine goes out)

In the cockpit you should be able to increase the throttle and increase the fuel flow without having to use any buttons

The issue specifically is you cannot move ( increase) the throttle axis out of off without using a button (page up) or mouse to scroll the throttle axis in the cockpit

7 minutes ago, Tanuki44 said:

If you press PageDown, the throttle goes down to 'Idle Ground' and stops.

Press RWin + T once, the button will sink and you can press PageDown again to lower the throttle to 0

to turn off the engine completely.

Like the IRL procedure... but only with key press not axis

It is not about reducing the throttle , it is about increasing it from a cold start (as detailed in the first post)

Edited by HC_Official
  • Thanks 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Flappie's request for the button is for safety so that he doesn't cut the engine by reducing the throttle, it doesn't intervene in the throttle rise.

We agree that the management of the throttle axis is not in accordance with RL, but the management only with the keys seems correct.

Edited by Tanuki44

Thank you both, now it is clear in my head.

14 minutes ago, Tanuki44 said:

It doesn't work at all on my end. 😢

@HC_OfficialDoes it work on yours?

Ci-joint un fichier *.trk montrant le fonctionnement du bouton.

Test fait seulement avec des touches sans aucun axe

Les gaz sont  au max, je réduis avec la touche PageDown jusqu'à la butée Idle Ground

Je coupe l'alarme

J'appuie sur le bouton (ici avec la souris, mais c'est identique avec les touches RWIN+T),

le bouton sur le collectif reste enfoncé ce qui déverrouille la butée et permet avec la touche PageDown de réduire les gaz à zéro.

Attached is a *.trk file showing how the button works.

Test made only with keys without any axis

Throttle is at max, I reduce with the PageDown button until the Idle Ground

I turn off the alarm

I press the collective button (here with the mouse, but it's the same with the RWIN+T keys),

the button on the collective remains pressed which unlocks the stop and allows with the PageDown button to reduce the throttle to zero.

throttle.trk

7 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Throttle authority issue reported. 👍

Thanks @Flappie  for sticking with us to get this reported, just ignore Tanuki44 clearly does not understand what the original post was about

No more pre-orders

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

Tanuki44 was talking about the "RWin+T" binding. I don't think he said there's no axis bug ; he said the Throttle button controls were working correctly.

Yeah but the OP is not talking about that button, it is about the axis not working until you use a button (page up) or scroll mouse on the throttle

No more pre-orders

7 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

Yeah but the OP is not talking about that button, it is about the axis not working until you use a button (page up) or scroll mouse on the throttle

The OP wasn't, I was. 😄

3 hours ago, Flappie said:

By the way, does the "RWin + T" binding work? I see the button being pressed in the cockpit but it doesn't seem to unlock the throttle course. Is this a bug?

• 1 month later...

Any news on when this will be addressed? It is currently not possible to use a physical throttle to operate the throttle in the cockpit of the UH-1 during engine start without initially using PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN to "wake up" the throttle via keyboard commands. This makes the use of such additional hardware useless.

Edited by Lino_Germany
  • Like 1

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany