MB-339C?

Schmidtfire

• 2 weeks later...

+1 :thumbup:

There are already two trainer jets pretty similar to this one in DCS World. A jet trainer with glass cockpit and HUD would add something new to this sim. A reason to buy this plane even if you already have the C-101 and/or the L-39.

The C or CD version are not only a simple avionics upgrade but it is a totally different aircraft with several difference on 3D models and systems.

Yes, it is true, in DCS World there are already two similar traininers (C-101 and L-39), as indeed there are already several multirole aircrafts with similar weapon capabilities and performances, but this cannot stop the production of modules.

Our choose to make the MB-339A/PAN versions as first commercial project is due to for two main reasons:

1. huge quantitly of unclassified documentation to make a module with a excellent level of simulation
  2. it is not an extreme complex aircraft which allows us improve our skills in order to make more complex aircrafts for the future.

• Like 4

Yes, it is true, in DCS World there are already two similar traininers (C-101 and L-39), as indeed there are already several multirole aircrafts with similar weapon capabilities and performances, but this cannot stop the production of modules.

Well, It's true that the F/A-18, the F-16 and the JF-17 are pretty similar, but it's true that most of the people find more "sexy" those kind of planes than the C-101 and the MB-339. I think most of the people would like to find time to learn and fly several fighter-bombers, but would not several trainers, I´m afraid.

My case: I like a lot the free MB-339. I think it´s a brilliant free mod. And I'm sure that you are going to do a great job with it as a payware. But I already own the C-101 and the L-39. Well, the L-39 is a ex-soviet plane, different avionics, weapons and systems... but the C-101 is almost the same plane from a simmer's point of view (not talking about real life, obviously). I don't think I´m going to buy the MB-339 if doesn't gives me something different, like modern avionics, for example.

I think most of the people would like to find time to learn and fly several fighter-bombers, but would not several trainers, I´m afraid.

Certainly the glamour-fighters are popular. However, to paraphrase from the helicopter community... "most DCS helicopter pilots will have all DCS helicopters".

And, although smaller, the "trainer/acrobatics" community will do the same. I have got all trainer aircraft (L39,Yak52,TF51D,C101,Hawk) and will get others too. But I really like trainers and light-attack-aircraft. And those others that I know of similar mind, have done the same. :)

I don't think I´m going to buy the MB-339 if doesn't gives me something different ...

Depends what you're looking for, sure. It probably won't be for everyone. I didn't buy the F-16 or JF-17 because they offered nothing new over the F/A18 and AV8B. But I know lots of people would scream sacrilege at me for that! On the other hand, I have both the FW190D9 and FW190A8... even though others think "meh, the A8 is worse version of the same plane, why bother?".

For those who really appreciate the training aircraft for what they offer, there will be enough of a difference from the others to warrant the purchase. If not, the free mod is still there.

Certainly the glamour-fighters are popular. However, to paraphrase from the helicopter community... "most DCS helicopter pilots will have all DCS helicopters".

And, although smaller, the "trainer/acrobatics" community will do the same. I have got all trainer aircraft (L39,Yak52,TF51D,C101,Hawk) and will get others too. But I really like trainers and light-attack-aircraft. And those others that I know of similar mind, have done the same. :)

Depends what you're looking for, sure. It probably won't be for everyone. I didn't buy the F-16 or JF-17 because they offered nothing new over the F/A18 and AV8B. But I know lots of people would scream sacrilege at me for that! On the other hand, I have both the FW190D9 and FW190A8... even though others think "meh, the A8 is worse version of the same plane, why bother?".

For those who really appreciate the training aircraft for what they offer, there will be enough of a difference from the others to warrant the purchase. If not, the free mod is still there.

Hahaha, this is "wish list" and we are trying to convince those guys to make the "C" model after the A/PAN. If you are so into trainers, why are you trying to sabotage it? :lol::lol::lol: :doh: You should be saying to the guys of IndiaFoxEcho "Yes, yes, you make it, please" :thumbup:

Anyway, seriously, the announcement of a fighter-bomber is the "train of hype" at full speed for 99% of simmers, but another trainer is just "meh, it's OK" for most of the people. Since there are already 2 of them, they should try to give something different. Modern avionics could be one, a campaign of training as realistic as possible made by an actual pilot (I think there are two of them into this project) with the plane could be another...

Are there people that will buy everything? Yes, of course. But not everybody has the money to buy every single module, and not everybody has the time to learn the plane's systems and fly it. Most of us already have several modules collecting dust into our virtual hangars.

We have

- the F/A-18C = Blue Angles (ok they used the A model and now switching to the E model, but it's relatively close :smilewink:)

- F-16C = Thunderbirds

- MBB339 = Frecce Tricolori

- XXXX = Red Arrows

- Christen Eagle

- Edge 540

- and maybe soon even an Extra 330

All planes are nice for aerobatics and the Hawk is really missing here, I think.

Maybe someone will make a new Hawk again? It's also not too complex to make.

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

Well, It's true that the F/A-18, the F-16 and the JF-17 are pretty similar, but it's true that most of the people find more "sexy" those kind of planes than the C-101 and the MB-339. I think most of the people would like to find time to learn and fly several fighter-bombers, but would not several trainers, I´m afraid.

My case: I like a lot the free MB-339. I think it´s a brilliant free mod. And I'm sure that you are going to do a great job with it as a payware. But I already own the C-101 and the L-39. Well, the L-39 is a ex-soviet plane, different avionics, weapons and systems... but the C-101 is almost the same plane from a simmer's point of view (not talking about real life, obviously). I don't think I´m going to buy the MB-339 if doesn't gives me something different, like modern avionics, for example.

The beauty of trainers and "simple" aircraft is the availability of huge quantity of unclassified docs which allow the developer to reproduce a more faithful simulation.

However, the MB339 is our first project that will help us understand how to develop high quality addon for DCS World, then we will use our experience to work on more interesting projects.

Inviato dal mio SM-N975F utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

And then again the MB 339 was used in a LOT of air forces around the world. So My case and I am sure of lots of potential buyers is: I will buy whatever my air force did use realistically over Any other trainer Any day of the week and twice on Sundays, even if it less capable, or i happen to have the other two trainers... and trust me the Aermacchi was sold to a LOT of air forces around the world and it is still used...

The beauty of trainers and "simple" aircraft is the availability of huge quantity of unclassified docs which allow the developer to reproduce a more faithful simulation.

However, the MB339 is our first project that will help us understand how to develop high quality addon for DCS World, then we will use our experience to work on more interesting projects.

Inviato dal mio SM-N975F utilizzando Tapatalk

I enjoy trainers and will absolutely be buying the module after all the enjoyment I got out of the free mod. I also look forward to your future work:thumbup:

• 11 months later...
On 10/5/2020 at 7:15 PM, Alba57 said:

+1 :thumbup:

There are already two trainer jets pretty similar to this one in DCS World. A jet trainer with glass cockpit and HUD would add something new to this sim. A reason to buy this plane even if you already have the C-101 and/or the L-39.

Yes, but MB-339 is better than both C-101 and L-39 in the role of basic trainer, especially for western planes pilots.

However, I fully agree that we badly need and "intermediate/advanced trainer", and MB-339 C/CD whould be perfect in that role...

Unless someone will create an MB-346 module 🤓

On 10/6/2020 at 2:10 PM, 6S.Duke said:

The C or CD version are not only a simple avionics upgrade but it is a totally different aircraft with several difference on 3D models and systems.

Well, in case you will ever decide to create a C/CD version count one as already sold.

Edited by LordOrion

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

• 2 months later...

Im going to buy the 339 for sure, IFE did a fantastic job, even tho I want a more modern 339 too, I really wish in the future we could see, even if the A model wasnt using it, a ECM or countermisures POD, and maybe an AA missile, just to give it some more survavibility in MP.

Cant wait to buy this module, hoping to see A129 and Tornado in the future, to represent Italy!!!

Ciao Duke!!! 😉

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 1:51 PM, Viper1970 said:

We have

- the F/A-18C = Blue Angles (ok they used the A model and now switching to the E model, but it's relatively close :smilewink:)

- F-16C = Thunderbirds

- MBB339 = Frecce Tricolori

- XXXX = Red Arrows

- Christen Eagle

- Edge 540

- and maybe soon even an Extra 330

All planes are nice for aerobatics and the Hawk is really missing here, I think.

Maybe someone will make a new Hawk again? It's also not too complex to make.

Extra 330 - https://virtualairrace.com/downloads/

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,