Pratt & Whitney Experiments

==Wiggy==

It was a explained to me:

P&W: much more likely to have trouble, if it flames out you can probably restart it

GE: no trouble, but if it quits it's dead

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 1 year later...
On 9/24/2020 at 9:27 PM, gavagai said:

It was a explained to me:

P&W: much more likely to have trouble, if it flames out you can probably restart it

GE: no trouble, but if it quits it's dead

GE - if it makes it to EOR and still has oil in the engine it's a miracle.

Pratt and Whitney - thrust you can trust.

Kev

Totally new PW attempt from me.  Thanks to Roughmaster for his engine surround at the fuselage join.  Didn't need to adjust that.  It's perfect.  New exhaust petals from scratch.  New textures, Normals and Roughmets.  64th AGRS Livery NOT mine.  But I did at it to my What iF VF-84 livery.  I will re-release that with this update.

unknown.png

unknown.png

DCS_2021-11-23_10-41-58.png

DCS_2021-11-23_10-58-51.png

• Like 4

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Awesome work!

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 1 month later...