Upgrade BRM90 rockets to the latest ED standard.

riojax

As seen on the latest Wags video, the A-10C II APKWS rockets supports lasing and seems to have some erratic movement like the vikhr, also the warhead seems to be more powerful than the BRM90 one. Is it possible to review that to have a proper guiding and warhead damage?

The developers said that they are waiting on APKWS weapon scheme to be modeled to finalize BRM. ED will be releasing it soon. So BRM will change too.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

The developers said that they are waiting on APKWS weapon scheme to be modeled to finalize BRM. ED will be releasing it soon. So BRM will change too.

But it still won’t be any more realistic then this or the previous implementation if it stabilizes in roll and guides on two axis like APKWS. Sure a unique implementation would be nice, but I’m not going to hold out hope that ED will make one.

I guess APKWS would be way better then the current SFM that doesn’t even need a laser, and I will be happy with that, but it’s like we are so close, it’s been one of the few things JF-17 hasn’t fully solved since release.

With APKWS it will buddy lase atleast and be able to fully mimick how you would fire it from the cockpit, it would be nice to see how the actual guidance of slow reacting less accurate one axis controlled spinning compares to the smaller warhead of APKWS but smoother and faster ability to change direction, with the same guidance type of SALH on both.

But if APKWS is what it ends up being, I guess that’s the best compromise

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

But it still won’t be any more realistic then this or the previous implementation if it stabilizes in roll and guides on two axis like APKWS. Sure a unique implementation would be nice, but I’m not going to hold out hope that ED will make one.

I guess APKWS would be way better then the current SFM that doesn’t even need a laser, and I will be happy with that, but it’s like we are so close, it’s been one of the few things JF-17 hasn’t fully solved since release.

With APKWS it will buddy lase atleast and be able to fully mimick how you would fire it from the cockpit, it would be nice to see how the actual guidance of slow reacting less accurate one axis controlled spinning compares to the smaller warhead of APKWS but smoother and faster ability to change direction, with the same guidance type of SALH on both.

But if APKWS is what it ends up being, I guess that’s the best compromise

I do understand what you mean, however, I am not entirely convinced that any rotating munition within DCS actually simulates the rotation physics in real time. Even for Vikhr scheme, the rotation looks purely visual. This became obvious when DEKA tried to exaggerate it's performance to match with BRM behaviour and it just went insane.

As long as it behaves like the real thing, I am not too worried about what it looks like. And quite frankly, I do not see ED putting in the extra effort just for DEKA.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

I do understand what you mean, however, I am not entirely convinced that any rotating munition within DCS actually simulates the rotation physics in real time. Even for Vikhr scheme, the rotation looks purely visual. This became obvious when DEKA tried to exaggerate it's performance to match with BRM behaviour and it just went insane.

As long as it behaves like the real thing, I am not too worried about what it looks like. And quite frankly, I do not see ED putting in the extra effort just for DEKA.

Yeah, your probably right. But if it was just visual it was really well done, actually revolving around the flight vector, uneven turning from one axis guidance, the way it would react to target movement, it’s was never clear how deep the AFM is for missiles, but it will be missed

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I think the BRM has the more powerfull warhead cuz the BRM has a caliber of 90mm and the APKWS just 70mm. Also the curent BRM sheme is just a placeholder until ED realese the APKWS sheme (Wich isnt out yet). It will be implemented into the BRM.

Yes, the 90mm warhead must be more powerful. It's also probably about as powerful as an RPG-7 depending on the warhead (some RPG-7's are smaller, some larger diameter which is the main driver in a HEAT warhead AFAIK).

These rockets fill a need between the gun and a heavier more expensive missile for attacking soft/lightly armored targets. If they're highly effective vs heavy armor (ie. MBTs), then the simulation is probably not quite right as these are not replacements for missiles like the hellfire and maverick - this goes for APKWS as well, obviously, which has an even smaller warhead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

internally done: brm1 using akpws scheme

Wonderful news. Great job guys.

• 4 weeks later...
Any possibility to buddy lase? Just tried without TGP and couldn't even launch them.

I believe you at least need a SPI within a certain range for it to fire, I haven’t tested this myself but if you create a SPI from you HUD I think you will be able to launch it then

Is the BRM-1 a Lock-On Before Launch? That would explain why one couldn't fire it without lasering first.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Any possibility to buddy lase? Just tried without TGP and couldn't even launch them.

They can definitely be buddy lased, but you need an SPI inside the launch circle in order to fire them. If you're not carrying a TGP you need to create one with something else, HUD, radar or waypoint, close enough to the expected target location so that the launch circle covers both SPI and the target that's being lased for you.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Kerbo 416 said:

i'm sorry when is this coming out? 

It came out in the September update I think

------------------

In OB 2.5.6.55743

-------------------

ChinaAssetPack