[RESOLVED] 1. Boresight bug 2. Autopilot bug

jaguara5

1. If boresight close combat mode is selected directly after vertical scan mode, the radar cone is positioned incorrectly in a higher posiition. If boresight mode is selected after horizontal scan mode, the cone is alligned correctly with the coresponding hud boresight cross (in the middle of the scan area). Watch the corresponding line in the left side of the radar screen (it's not a graphical error of the radar screen but a functional one). Plz fix this, very old bug that is annoying in dogfights.

2. Autopilot cannot track correclty the altitude in low speeds (it bounces and commands fpm below the asterisk),as can seen in the downwind leg, making it difficult to fly correctly the pattern

Attached are 2 track files.

Edited the message, boresight is buggy after vertical scan mode not horizontal

boresight bug 3..trk

autobpilot bug 3..trk

Edited by jaguara5

About the 2nd bug (Autopilot cannot track correctly the altitude at low speeds):

My conclusion is that it is linked to the landing gear position:

- gear up: autopilot sets the FPM more or less on the * (= as desired)

- gear down: autopilots sets the FPM below the * (= bug). Plus if the pilot "resets" (e.g. using AP Standby), the * reappears inside the FPM (= as desired) but then the FPM again tracks below the * (= same bug).

++

Az'

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Radar boresight mode not working

I never managed to get a single lock in radar boresight mode (3° cone). Even with an aircraft at close range, well visible in the center of the circle, nothing happens. As soon as I switch to horizontal, I immediately get a lock.

The boresight mode would be very useful when you need to lock a specific target and there are several aircraft visible in front.

• 2 months later...

@jaguara5, your link doesn't work anymore after the forum rebuild, and I couldn't find it with a search.  If you're able to find that thread, could you post the updated link?

Boresight after vertical scan being positioned incorrectly is still an issue in 2.5.6.58125.

9 hours ago, tanr said:

@jaguara5, your link doesn't work anymore after the forum rebuild, and I couldn't find it with a search.  If you're able to find that thread, could you post the updated link?

Boresight after vertical scan being positioned incorrectly is still an issue in 2.5.6.58125.

Yes, the bug is [REPORTED] not yet [SOLVED] and judging from razbam's  latest changelog  for the upcoming update it seems that the bug will still be there. 

Ignore the link above,  initially there were 2 different threads (one in september and one in october)  for the same bug, with that link  i was reffering  to the first one. 

Both threads got then merged to the current one. 

Edited by jaguara5

On 9/25/2020 at 8:52 PM, jaguara5 said:

2. Autopilot cannot track correclty the altitude in low speeds (it bounces and commands fpm below the asterisk),as can seen in the downwind leg, making it difficult to fly correctly the pattern

I've seen your track, the small shift between asterisk and FPM is a long known bug, the HUD markers are all slightly mis-aligned on the 2000 (this includes bomb designator and ILS).

This is not an autopilot bug, if you need perfect altitude hold, then you should use the ALT HOLD mode (second AP button) which normally keeps you perfectly at level. Otherwise you can't place your asterisk exactly at 0° angle.

Edited by galinette

• 1 month later...
  • RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [RESOLVED] 1. Boresight bug 2. Autopilot bug