Can we talk radios? Is it just me?

sublime

Ok. First. Please. I know this is "basic' spaee me the comments. 2nd i knowhow tonuse the radios... at least how theyre supposed to work.

Now that out of the way

Hbs officual stance is Ez comms is borked.

Either way my F14 radios rarely work.

Yes i know the rio has a different radio than pilot i believe stick has UHF then rio VHF. Regardless its easy to figure out as the rio can go below a certain number vlah blah. And of course most missions have the freak

Heres the issue

In sp or mp.. my squad has this issue too -

I cant het responses. Oh sure i can do a quick mission and get a ranker response (weird) but if anyone wants i can put endless tracks of me calling the carrier in the campaign earmest will or almost any other situation. Wtf is going on?

I manually enter the freaks btw.

Ez comms actualy helped some but not entirely.

Does anyone want tracks? Ideas? Or is this a community issue ongoing?

Thanks

Tracks would certainly help, so we can see how exactly you have set up your radios, which helps to determine the issue.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

A few troubleshooting tips:

1. Confirm you are using the correct Frequency (verify in mission editor, mission briefing and radio control panel) for both SP and MP.

2. Confirm you are using the correct Radio: There are two (2) radios: AN/ARC-159 (PILOT) and AN/ARC-182 (RIO). If using the AN/ARC-182 (RIO) radio with Jester/ Human RIO, confirm it is in the AM mode.

3. Confirm you are using the correct Radio MIC/PTT or Radio Menu(s) in DCS. (check keybinds for each radio)

4. If using DCS Simple Radio-Standalone (SRS), verify correct Headset/Speaker, and Mic input/output is correct under the "GENERAL" tab.

5. If using DCS Simple Radio-Standalone (SRS), verify Radios 1 & 2 keybinds under "CONTROLS" tab corresponds to what you intended.

Finally,..

6. Trying using the radio(s) with & without "Easy Communications" and "Radio Assist" enabled in DCS.

Edited by MRSHADO

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

Though you say you know how they work, i'm still gonne throw rhis one in the ring.

There are different keybinds for the different radios to open the comms menu...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

wait wait.

You mean alt slash and slash correct?

you realize the pilot can set it to 'both' and it will work for both?

1. Confirm you are using the correct Frequency (verify in mission editor, mission briefing and radio control panel) for both SP and MP.

2. Confirm you are using the correct Radio: There are two (2) radios: AN/ARC-159 (PILOT) and AN/ARC-182 (RIO). If using the AN/ARC-182 (RIO) radio with Jester/ Human RIO, confirm it is in the AM mode.

3. Confirm you are using the correct Radio MIC/PTT or Radio Menu(s) in DCS. (check keybinds for each radio)

4. If using DCS Simple Radio-Standalone (SRS), verify correct Headset/Speaker, and Mic input/output is correct under the "GENERAL" tab.

5. If using DCS Simple Radio-Standalone (SRS), verify Radios 1 & 2 keybinds under "CONTROLS" tab corresponds to what you intended.

Finally,..

6. Trying using the radio(s) with & without "Easy Communications" and "Radio Assist" enabled in DCS.

The problems AI only

SRS works GREAT with humans

my squads having the same problems

Ill set a track up rn and post

Its the AI. they wont answer! I checked and rechecked the freaks. Stand by please for track

Ill post 2 diff ones in diff situations to show u

not ideal, I borked the cat

but the carrier per briefing (this is mission 3 of earnest will)

the carrier is on 127.5

The package is 255. the 2 flights of package are 254 and 253

you will see me try contacting mother, for start up

nada

same with packages.

Please explain

And to the guy who said do I know about the different transmit keys what are you talking about? Look all I know is Im using the same keys that work for AI for other planes and worked for AI in the F14 before.

note I try calling the tanker 266.00

all package 255

then ford and other flight 254 and 253

then also I tried mother 127.5

it says the track is too big. 5.59 MB

Anyone know where I can send pls?

Finally,..

Thx

all have been done before the post...

Though you say you know how they work, i'm still gonne throw rhis one in the ring.

There are different keybinds for the different radios to open the comms menu...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

and I used \ and alt \

but FYI theyre the same thing

The F14 the pilot can use both radios for one, and for two some planes are just bound with the alt. its the *same* menu

(know how they wrk in game. if you asked me IRL to explain Id say its a magic box)

Sublime, here comes the solution as you confused the function of the AN/ARC-159 radio. BOTH does NOT mean both radios transmission.

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/general.html#an-arc-159-uhf-1-radio

BOTH – Energizes both the main transceiver and the guard receiver.
To use correctly the RIO radio (as needed for ex. 127.500MHz) you need to use the other PTT as a pilot! It is "Mic button UHF2 (ARC-182)" in controls - default key RCtrl+\.

It's at #6, push it down for UHF2.

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/cockpit.html#throttle

And don't go into backseat to change it manually*. Just tell Jester to select CH2.

*Well, you can if you want to play both roles badly.

Every one of PTTs does not do the same. Look at the top of the comms menu to see which one you are using. ICS (\ key) is for ground crew (and RIO IRL) only. You cannot contact ATC, Wingman or AWACS using ICS PTT.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

There is a "BOTH" on the PTT hat that is supposed to transmit on both radios at once, but I don't believe it actually works, because I don't think DCS's communication system is bright enough to understand it. You're only ever talking on one frequency with DCS. Either the "Everything" frequency with simple radio [\], or the specifically keyed radio frequency with Real radios on, or most likely none when using the BOTH PTT switch. Now that doesn't stop it from letting you do it, and even making it sound like you're actually transmitting, but it just doesn't hear it.

I believe it does work for SRS.

Sublime, here comes the solution as you confused the function of the AN/ARC-159 radio. BOTH does NOT mean both radios transmission.

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/general.html#an-arc-159-uhf-1-radio

To use correctly the RIO radio (as needed for ex. 127.500MHz) you need to use the other PTT as a pilot! It is "Mic button UHF2 (ARC-182)" in controls - default key RCtrl+\.

It's at #6, push it down for UHF2.

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/cockpit.html#throttle

And don't go into backseat to change it manually*. Just tell Jester to select CH2.

*Well, you can if you want to play both roles badly.

Every one of PTTs does not do the same. Look at the top of the comms menu to see which one you are using. ICS (\ key) is for ground crew (and RIO IRL) only. You cannot contact ATC, Wingman or AWACS using ICS PTT.

Ok wait. Sontheres a control + slash??? I know theres an alt + slash and I tried that as well.

Ok wait. Sontheres a control + slash??? I know theres an alt + slash and I tried that as well.

To transmit through the respective radios you need to use the following keybinds:

1390826289_F-14PTT.thumb.png.eb244744ecf788ca6cd7e64664a39afe.png

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Wownall that timem never noticed the right ctrl radio

That's why it's really counter productive if you always say at the beginning of your request for help, that you know all the basics, because then we assume you know about stuff like that. That makes it pretty difficult to find the issue and help you.

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's why it's really counter productive if you always say at the beginning of your request for help, that you know all the basics, because then we assume you know about stuff like that. That makes it pretty difficult to find the issue and help you.

Fairbenough. But understand I never encountered thisnproblem.until yesterday. So why would I feel i didnt know?

Look when insay im mot a n00b i mean flight aims since 93 dcs since 2014

Tomcat since release. can cat and trap and use all seats fully.

Lets be real here qui - you cant count the "im new ' against menon the radio binds. Fornone the pikots seat has a BOTH setting. I mean.. what qould you think especiallu when youll hear the callouts often?

2 i can prove the pilot can call awacs n stuff and he didnt know about the other key either. You van hear us on the track going back and forth.

Ill let you know if its resolved inn abt 20

Jeesh QuiNon - I swear to god Im adding a fine print sig disclaimer to all my posts

"the post above doesnt intend to imply poster has god like recall and knowledge of the F14. DCS flyers didnt all pass through the same training and the OP may be an expert or know things you know nothing about or conversely. The noob statement is to weed out VERY obvious stuff. e.g. link to chucks guide. 'goto youtube' or say 'is your radio on (left console). Thank you"

Hey btw still not working even cbound the keys for the radios. Stand by got a track - you can sed in the track on comms menu what radios being used btw.ill cat off and see if being airborne helps.

Jaeger its a bad joke. Think of medicine or lawyer commercials. *fine print*

Edited by sublime

In gonna save the track but its gonna be long bc i wanna get this missionn over with

So far - radios didnt worknon ground.

After take off oddly the carrier responded in. CASE 3 Zfor inbound which was appropriate given my call but why not aithorize taje off etc?

Tanker will not answer. Flight wont answer. Overlord *will*. Odd.

Track in 20