[LATER IN EARLY ACCESS] HTS - HARM Targeting System

Dispatch

When it's ready there will be an announcement and/or a tutorial video on Wag's channel. That's how things work around here. Asking questions like this is a total waste of time and only clogs up the forums.

CCRP works really well once you understand its current quirks. All necessary information here on the forum. Do your research or stick to a different plane.

CCRP doesn’t work well when the viper is the only airframe that won’t allow you to designate a target of opportunity for attack without making it a steer point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what OAP and MP's are for when they get included. You have a whole bank of empty steerpoints (81-99) you can use for TGT that won't be part of your flight plan. Somewhat similar to how you do it in the Hornet...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the hornet you TDC depress and boom you can ccrp drop. In the A10 you make a SPI and you can CCRP drop in the harrier you set the bombs to auto lase a target you can ccrp drop. I know it’s early access it’s just a temporary bummer.

Hello

Was wondering how far down the list, is this option?

You Guys are doing great Stuff..

:thumbup:

I believe HTS is scheduled for later in phase II. I wouldn't expect anything until you see PB mode in the Hornet, since hey are both range known LOAL modes.

Probably should expect incremental capability as well. I.e. HTS first allows HARM range known mode, then JHMCS integration, then Precise geolocation for PGMs, then maybe left side mounting with dual pod/enhanced PGM capability, then HTS threat categorizing/sharing via link16, then maybe the 3 aircraft rapid acquisition and targeting stuff or maybe someday we'll get a rivet joint and that dlink - just examples, I have no idea how they will actually release

Question though...I know many here have played other f-16 consumer level sims, how did they do the HTS simulation? I'm sympathetic to the classification issues ED deals with, and the need for documentation. The AN/ASQ-213 is only classified as confidential, but documentation of technical nature or that discusses performance parameters, vulnerabilities, or performance against specific threats, war time threat tables are mostly classified secret for HTS R7 - the 2007 revision. Ive never seen any decent HTS documentation floating around, much less anything with the detail to simulate it?

Also, I haven’t been following the viper too closely, but has ED said whether they are going to dual pod HTS w/ litening(v)? Far as I know that's not possible, but whatever... if there's some reason they can't do sniper I'd rather they bend the realism rules a bit than lose the dual pod config. They ever explain why sniper ATP got axed? I mean, it's real similar to litening(v), little less max range but I doubt that's xtra 10-15% would be all that usable in DCS anyway, I'm more worried about the dual pod thing

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

In the hornet you TDC depress and boom you can ccrp drop. In the A10 you make a SPI and you can CCRP drop in the harrier you set the bombs to auto lase a target you can ccrp drop. I know it’s early access it’s just a temporary bummer.

Yeah, and in the F-16C you can drop a bomb wherever your TGP is looking. In the Hornet whenever you receive a 9L (even in AV-8B although that has a CAS Page) you make a STPT with the coordinates passed on by the JTAC and go from there, again nothing different from the Viper... The only difference is you don't have to designate a point prior to engaging it like in the Hornet and A-10C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In all of those aircraft aside from the viper I can make something a system target without having to enter coords. Hell even in the tomcat I can enter snowplow mode designate a target with the lantirn and get drop symbology. What’s the point of a targeting pod if you cannot use it to target something, it’s basically just a lasing pod.

In all of those aircraft aside from the viper I can make something a system target without having to enter coords. Hell even in the tomcat I can enter snowplow mode designate a target with the lantirn and get drop symbology. What’s the point of a targeting pod if you cannot use it to target something, it’s basically just a lasing pod.

I think the issue is just that Snowplow mode on the Viper is currently partially broken, but It generally works the same as on the Tomcat when it does work

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What I mean is you have to hold the weapons release button down in CCIP until the bomb drop cue passes through the velocity vector to release a weapon. That can take quite a while sometimes once you’ve designated the target I was just wondering if there was a way to toggle it rather than having to hold the weapons release button continuously

What I mean is you have to hold the weapons release button down in CCIP until the bomb drop cue passes through the velocity vector to release a weapon. That can take quite a while sometimes once you’ve designated the target I was just wondering if there was a way to toggle it rather than having to hold the weapons release button continuously

I don't think you can, but I believe most planes have this (maybe as a safety measure)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DTOS can do that but it's not implemented yet.

I believe HTS is scheduled for later in phase II. I wouldn't expect anything until you see PB mode in the Hornet, since hey are both range known LOAL modes.

I just wish we'd simply get a dead weight version of it before that as soon as the model is done. Trimming the Viper with that twitchy trim controls at 15-22 fps with the TGP on one side, but nothing on the other literally is a Don Quichotte-esque chore.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg