How to Hammerhead? Aerobatics resources?

Andurula

Does anyone have any good DCS aerobatic resources to share?

I can do most of the basic aerobatic maneuvers in the C101 but the vertical ones such as the hammerhead are a complete mystery to me. Pulling vertical, then punching the rudder at different airspeeds results in anything except a normal hammerhead. Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks. Anything specific to the C101 Double Thanks.

-Andu

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Given that the rudder is forward and above the jet efflux it won't be easy.  You'll need enough airspeed to maintain rudder authority.  Propeller driven aircraft can reduce airspeed to almost nothing and rely on propwash on the rudder to yaw them round at the top of the manoeuvre.  Given the higher airspeed you will get less of a hammer-head and more of a croquet hoop.  The yaw will also increase the lift on the outside wing so you should roll outwards to counter that.  The extra lift will create extra drag on that wing, further reducing the yaw from the almost ineffective rudder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.