Set Path function on tanker lost the "tanker -ref" properties of the waypoint

blackangel411

Hi !

When you use Combined arms and try to move a tanker to another position (for long missions) when flying, the new waypoints lost the "tanker" property. Therefore, we cannot communicate with the tanker anymore (the option is removed from the communication menu).

Steps to reproduce :

1) in the ME, add a plane as "player"

2) add a tanker (kc 135) and create 2 waypoints.

In the ME, on the KC135, there is a specific property "Tanker -ref" (Type : Start Enroute Task, Action : Tanker)

3) Play the game.

4) communicate with the tanker, it works -> the communication menu is available

5) With combined arms, change the path (Set Path) of the tanker.

6) Try to recommunicate with him -> the communication menu is unavailable.

Is it possible for tankers only to keep this property?

Unfortunately, once you use combined arms to command a vehicle, it forgets all its waypoints and tasks.

The way around this is using triggers with F10 radio command and AI TASK PUSH, to activate all the advanced function you want the unit to have.

Either add all radio commands to a master slot only you have access to, or add them to your player aircraft, so once you activate a radio command, the Tanker is back to normal.

You can make em start doing his tanker task again, do a race track orbit, between two points, or even command him to a WP from his original Flight plan, which will make him land.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 1 year later...

Came here to report this problem but I see it's an old one that still exists.

Suggested fixes:

1. Short term. Disable the ability to control tankers or AWACS. Or at least give mission makers the ability to. All it takes is one player who doesn't realise this (or someone being an idiot) and the tanker on the server is useless.

2. Longer term. Make it so that moving units around doesn't remove their AI task. This would be great in MP missions when you don't want to wait for the tanker to complete the sometimes arbitrary tanker track that the mission maker assigned.

or

3. Give the ability to activate any of the list of AI push takes from the CA menu in F10 map 

4. Another option. Make it so that players that don't have CA can call the tanker towards them using tanker radio menu

• ED Team

You can do a lot of this currently, you can make it so the tanker is not controllable at all, or even just for the Game Master role. 

Also in the ME, you could set up a custom command to push an AI task for the tanker if you wanted to as well.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png