Data Cartridge?

Torri

Is there any possibility of updates on the data cartridge?

It would be a massive QoL improvement for the modern jets.

Last "official" statement I could find was in June last year..: https://imgur.com/Aa8tATl

I understand that priorities shift all the time, and that it's a question of manpower.

Just curious... :music_whistling:

Especially now that F-16 and F-18 are starting to receive/have received more advanced systems like JDAM, HARM, Harpoon, that work best in a pre-planned mode, the data cartridge would be indespensible in all situations other than very specific-made missions.

Man, don't be so impatient. It's been only 1.5 years since that last statement on this feature. Do you really need an update report on the development of Data Cartridges every year? I think it's fine if we get a status report on this feature every 2 or 3 years :thumbup:

Hint: There might be a little bit of sarcasm in this comment.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

Last "official" statement I could find was in June last year..: https://imgur.com/Aa8tATl

I understand that priorities shift all the time, and that it's a question of manpower.

Especially now that F-16 and F-18 are starting to receive/have received more advanced systems like JDAM, HARM, Harpoon, that work best in a pre-planned mode, the data cartridge would be indespensible in all situations other than very specific-made missions.

Data cartridge still planned, just lower priority at the moment. As soon as we have news we will share it.

Good thing you're not waiting for warbirds damage model

WWII damage model is in internal testing hopefully we can share news soon

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If you realy realy realy want a working data cartridge and a plane that dont miss any featurs and has less bugs than F-16 features, than i recommend you the JF-17 Thunder by Deka or the Viggen ;)

My skins

A sarcastic German??

Now I've seen it all :lol:

There's actually more of us. We're all just hiding under a rock :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well at least for the Hornet it would be much less needed ASAP if we just could set up our CMS while sitting on the ground and waiting for the INS alignment... that's been on the todo list for about as long. Oh, and we're waiting for the realistic flares count as well for that long.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg