[CORRECT AS IS] TGP boresight

mlb406

China Hat Aft selecting LSS mode in TGP

I posted this in another thread, which I will go find and delete, cuz I think its a bug, but the China Hat Aft switch, which is supposed to recenter the cursor in the TCP when you have it SOI, is toggling the LSS mode OBS. Doesnt matter if the TGP is on the left or right MFD.

I cant recenter my TGP.

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not supposed to center the TGP. It is supposed to engage LSS.

Ok, but as a long time A-10C enthusist, historically speaking, this is how the TGP was re-caged and brought to center. If it was wrong up to now, I get that, but I have been searching for a way to re-center the cursor in the TGP in the manual, and cant seem to find one.

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, but as a long time A-10C enthusist, historically speaking, this is how the TGP was re-caged and brought to center. If it was wrong up to now, I get that, but I have been searching for a way to re-center the cursor in the TGP in the manual, and cant seem to find one.
Because there isn't. Just press standby and AG again.

I tend to agree with HawgDawg4 Life; why have they changed the way to recentre the TGP? Furthermore DutchJackal which standby are you referring to? In any case the manual should provide guidance on how to recentre the TGP. I am sure it will be included at next update!

I tend to agree with HawgDawg4Life that we need a solution to recentre the TGP. I wonder why this has changed. What is meant by going stanby then AG on again? Hopefully the manual will be updated soon with a work around!:helpsmilie:

It was changed because the HOTAS commands in the real jet changed. I posted how we should be able to do it in another thread and it’s been reported internally.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4508377&postcount=40

It's "correct as is" for HOTAS commands but we should be able to boresight by pressing "B-S" (OSB 5) when in A-G or A-A modes but it isn't an option that ED has included in the TGP.

Edited by Snoopy

Two threads created saying the same thing? Anyways it’s not a bug and correct as is.

It was changed because the HOTAS commands in the real jet changed. I posted how we should be able to do it in another thread and it’s been reported internally.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4508377&postcount=40

It's "correct as is" for HOTAS commands but we should be able to boresight by pressing "B-S" (OSB 5) when in A-G or A-A modes but it isn't an option that ED has included in the TGP.

Edited by Snoopy

How do i reset the TGP to borsight/hud if i don't want it locked to a steerpoint or spi? :helpsmilie:

There are numerous posts about this already. Currently you need to either cycle the TGP back to standby via OSB on TGP display and then back to AG - or cycle to AA and then back to TGP. This is correct behavior according to SME(s), however there will be a BS function incoming for the TGP display to re cage to bore sight.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

For anyone using the X-56 and the programming software.

I made a macro to quickly set the TGP back to boresight.

1. assigned a KB key to Left MFCD OSB 2 & 3 (assuming you work with the TGP on the left MFCD) in my case I reassigned Q/W since I don't actually use those KB commands.

2. Assuming H is your KB stroke for HOTAS Coolie Switch Left

3.Open the Logitech app to programming, selected the throttle, chose button "E' on the throttle

Create macro, W,Q H (assuming you START in TGP, AG mode and SOI), Set a quantize time of about 0.75 or use the delay to suit.

Capture.JPG.38edfa95eb21e3e32c33df848dde7731.JPG

Single button press:

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

As Snoopy said, in the real airplane there's a mfcd osb with that function, currently not implemented in the simulation. It has been asked to add It, let's hope ED decides to.

They have already acknowledged it and made a statement saying it is coming in a future update.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

They have already acknowledged it and made a statement saying it is coming in a future update.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Source, please. :)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Source, please. :)

All it takes is searching the forum sir.

But I’ll do the work for you, don’t worry....

Snoopy has informed mods, who have in turn, informed/reported devs - to the existence of a BS OSB function when the TGP is displayed, which will return the TGP to bore sight.

As a matter of fact, just two pages prior to this, one to your post, you can find the information your are looking for - specifically referenced in post #58.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie
Post #58

I would really appreciate a tick box to toggle “TGP China Hat old behaviour”

Me too... That would REALLY BE APPRECIATED... If not possible then ED would have to admit thet the behaviour was WRONG all this years????

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

You don't need a special HOTAS command to boresigth the TGP. Do you want your TGP to look forward? easy, just look forward and press DMS right long. The TGP will look where you are looking. There you have it boresighted.

I understand that after so many years it is hard to change muscle memory but in a few days you will see it is just better in every way.

"just look forward and press DMS right long" This does NOTHING.....???

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• ED Team
Me too... That would REALLY BE APPRECIATED... If not possible then ED would have to admit thet the behaviour was WRONG all this years????

Not at all, the OFP software changed over the years. In fact, we have some more changes coming later on.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

"just look forward and press DMS right long" This does NOTHING.....???

With HMCS SOI, it slaves the TGP to the HMCS LOS (make sure to CHAS with HMCS SOI prior to DMRL). Might even be possible to slave it to HMCS LOS without HMCS SOI, but I've never tried it that.

EDIT - This will not actually "boresight" the TGP, it will focus the TGP at that point, and possible that once you've reached that area - the TGP will rotate to continue tracking that point in "space."

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie
EDIT

Not at all, the OFP software changed over the years. In fact, we have some more changes coming later on.

thanks

Will we will get the BS-Command on OSB-5 soonish? That would be spendid.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard