[CANNOT REPRODUCE] Rolling in Idle Power

Hello!

I just tried the new Hog and noticed that she starts rolling forward when the engines are running... power is idle.

I think there is no Park Break in the A10? So this is a problem... for Alignment and other people around :)

See the sreenshot for weight and engine instruments - power

001157.thumb.jpg.0857f17696447e8f71e2807bf47cac8f.jpg

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

• ED Team
Hello!

I just tried the new Hog and noticed that she starts rolling forward when the engines are running... power is idle.

I think there is no Park Break in the A10? So this is a problem... for Alignment and other people around :)

See the sreenshot for weight and engine instruments - power

I haven't noticed, this, make sure your controls are all set properly, thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I found no such problem in a MP session; one of the guys went for a smoke just before takeoff and his jet hadn't moved an inch.

I guess Nineline means you should check that your controller is not providing unwanted input, like a too high idle setting.

Also, what's the wind? With a strong tailwind at the apron, both engines idling might be enough to get the jet rolling.

On Syria map I guess? What was the wind in the mission?

I had this occured several times in Ramat David base on stations 30-36. There is a terrain slope and if you have wind from rear even emergency break won't stop you from rolling.

Edited by Foka

Yeah, terrain and wind will do that to you quite easily, and in some cases, the only solution is to simply stand on the wheel brakes. It'll simply depend on where and in what conditions you start, and there's nothing in the plane that can really stop it.

It's not a controls issue so don't worry about that. It's the parking job that is screwing you over. :P

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Thank you guys!

I think it is indeed a combination of terrain on Syria map and wind! I crosschecked on Gulf map and she was not rolling on idle. I also rechecked my controls. No problem here with saturation or anything else.

As we dont have chocks for the Hog I improvised my own chocks...

I use the Thrustmaster Warthog and set a second axis for both wheelbrakes (both for one axis) on the DECR/INCR slider on the Throttle. Now when I move the slider full forward it works like a parking brake, without having me standing on the rudder paddle brakes.

When I move the slider full aft I can use my normal rudder paddle brakes.

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

There is a terrain slope and if you have wind from rear even emergency break won't stop you from rolling.

Why would the emergency brake prevent an aircraft from rolling (talking strictly about the A-10 here)?

As we dont have chocks for the Hog I improvised my own chocks...

Glad you got it sorted out. And that sounds like a pretty clever solution for an improvised parking brake. :thumbup:

Why shouldn't it? Is it a break or I missunderstood device's name?

It's not a brake.

It changes the source for the wheelbrake from the left to an emergency hydraulics system in case of - you guessed it - an emergency condition with the left hydraulic system.

Just try it out. Get the jet rolling, pull the emergency brake handle and see what happens.

Hey, 2 of my squadron has this issue too. Just try to do an auto start without pressing anything and it will happen, the airport was Ramat David.

You need to read this thread from the beginning. The reason for (cause of) the rolling has been explained already.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Check ALL key mappings of the pedals. Default had keysnames from Throttle and/or Stick in the rudder pedal column. Result : brakes and rudder were missing, throttle mapped twice. Result : no steering, no throttle control.

Other thread suggests to copy/paste profile from A10C profile. I did it manually.

I wonder why the Hog doesn't have a parking brake?

Some whiz kid designer probably decided that it is so heavy, that the engines won't move it until a certain point above idle, and since it's not on a moving carrier, it doesn't need one. I remember an issue with the F-16 {I think they were F-16} engines encountering corrosion because they were parked near the ocean. The designers said "But they use the same engine as the F-14, so they shouldn't corrode!" The problem with that was the Navy engine Specification required anticorrosion protection because it was to be used at sea. The Air Force said, "We don't need anticorrosion protection on our engines because they're not used at sea." Then they park them next to the ocean. I was on a team that "tried" to develop a Joint-Service Engine Specification, but it fell apart because we couldn't get the Army and Air Force to agree to anything the other suggested.

Edited by Balzarog

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1