[REPORTED] HMCS Power Switch Keybind

To be fair, you toggle the power once for the HMCS (right console panel by your hip) and then never have to touch the switch again. It would be a very long stretch to say that there is a key bind missing, probably better classified as jumping the gun really.

It's a switch in the cockpit that could and indeed should be able to be bound to an external switch for the cockpit builders, same as all the other switches. Even if it's a bit early, and thus “jumping the gun” it's nevertheless a missing keybind.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

It's a switch in the cockpit that could and indeed should be able to be bound to an external switch for the cockpit builders, same as all the other switches.

This.

Please add it in future releases

- "It's better to reign in hell than to serve in Heaven"

Modules: A-4E-C Skyhawk, A-10C II Tank Killer, AJS37 Viggen, AV-8B Harrier, F-14B Tomcat, F-15C Eagle, F-16C Viper, F/A-18C Hornet, MIG-21 Fishbed, MIG-29, SU-27, SU-33

Maps: Caucasus, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier

Rig: i7 4790 / Nvidia GTX 1070 Strix / 16GB RAM DDR3 1600 MHz / 256 GB SSD / Windows 10

Setup: ThrustMaster TWCS Throttle, Titanwolf "Vulture" Stick, DelanClip PRO, Home-made universal Cockpit panel

The HMCS power switch (ON/OFF/BAT) is visible on the right hand console, but it has no function in the sim currently. It's in the center (OFF) position and you cannot switch it to any of the two other position with the mouse. The sim software obviously "bypasses" the switch. So currently we can't even create a key bind with a mod. Hopefully, ED will make the switch functional in a future update.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The HMCS power switch (ON/OFF/BAT) is visible on the right hand console, but it has no function in the sim currently. It's in the center (OFF) position and you cannot switch it to any of the two other position with the mouse. The sim software obviously "bypasses" the switch. So currently we can't even create a key bind with a mod. Hopefully, ED will make the switch functional in a future update.

Yes, it's working.

It won't work, if you copied any mod modifing/fixig cockpit switches functions (click integrity mods). It's a new switch, so any old mod won't have it mapped.

It have been added in last line of clickabledata.lua.

Edited by Foka

Yes, it's working.

It won't work, if you copied any mod modifing/fixig cockpit switches functions (click integrity mods). It's a new switch, so any old mod won't have it mapped.

It have been added in last line of clickabledata.lua.

Oops!

You are right. Thanks, this really caused confusion.

So now I think I can create a binding for a simple ON/OFF command.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Keybinds for HMCS Power

I don't know whether ED will ever provide keybinds for the HMCS Power switch. So for the happiness of those who need this now, I created a set of keybinds that should cater for everyone's needs. The following lines of code need to be added to the "default.lua".

First, 3 basic commands for the use with pushbuttons:

{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = 1.0,    name = _('HMCS Power ON'), category = _('HMCS Power')},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = 0.0,    name = _('HMCS Power OFF'), category = _('HMCS Power')},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = -1.0,    name = _('HMCS Power BAT'), category = _('HMCS Power')},

If you only want the commands ON and OFF you can omit the 3rd line of course.

Next, commands for use with a maintained switch:

If you only want to implement the ON/OFF function, just add this line:

{down = 3001, up = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = 1.0,    value_up = 0.0, name = _('HMCS Power 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = _('HMCS Power')},

If you want to command all 3 positions with a 3-position switch like the Flaps switch on the TM-WH throttle, also add this line for the BAT/OFF command:

{down = 3001, up = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = -1.0,    value_up = 0.0, name = _('HMCS Power 2-Pos BAT/OFF'), category = _('HMCS Power')},

This would probably be the choice of simpit builders.

Personally I cannot see why somebody would want to put these commands on a TM-WH throttle; but if you want to do that then the command lines must be added to the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua" (not to the file with the suffix "diff.lua"!!!).

Enjoy!

LeCuvier

• 1 year later...

14 months and no fix. I wanted to add it to my new Virpil ShaKa50 Panel HMS/OFF switch.

I need to modify lua's. It makes me really sad. Such things are easy to implement. I can't understand it!

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 7:22 PM, LeCuvier said:

Keybinds for HMCS Power

I don't know whether ED will ever provide keybinds for the HMCS Power switch. So for the happiness of those who need this now, I created a set of keybinds that should cater for everyone's needs. The following lines of code need to be added to the "default.lua".

First, 3 basic commands for the use with pushbuttons:

{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = 1.0,    name = _('HMCS Power ON'), category = _('HMCS Power')},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = 0.0,    name = _('HMCS Power OFF'), category = _('HMCS Power')},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = -1.0,    name = _('HMCS Power BAT'), category = _('HMCS Power')},

If you only want the commands ON and OFF you can omit the 3rd line of course.

Next, commands for use with a maintained switch:

If you only want to implement the ON/OFF function, just add this line:

{down = 3001, up = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = 1.0,    value_up = 0.0, name = _('HMCS Power 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = _('HMCS Power')},

If you want to command all 3 positions with a 3-position switch like the Flaps switch on the TM-WH throttle, also add this line for the BAT/OFF command:

{down = 3001, up = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = -1.0,    value_up = 0.0, name = _('HMCS Power 2-Pos BAT/OFF'), category = _('HMCS Power')},

This would probably be the choice of simpit builders.

Personally I cannot see why somebody would want to put these commands on a TM-WH throttle; but if you want to do that then the command lines must be added to the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua" (not to the file with the suffix "diff.lua"!!!).

Enjoy!

Thanks, will give it a try!

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

@GrooveWhat's the status? As far as I can see the HMCS Power switch still has no bindings.

LeCuvier

• 4 months later...
On 12/28/2021 at 10:07 AM, Groove said:

We committed the fix today.

After QA tests, it should appear in the next OB patch.

Hi I haven't seen it yet in any OB patch if I am correct. Any ETA?

Thanks!

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

The HMCS Power commands are actually added to the stock file "default.lua" (in stable and Open Beta) now and you can bind them. They have essentially provided the bindings I proposed in an earlier post, with slightly different naming.
They have not added them to the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua" which means that you cannot bind them to the TM Warthog throttle. That makes sense of course because the switches on this device are all used for other functions.
I have bound the HMCS POWER ON and OFF commands to a rocker switch on my DSD Button Box.

PS: I found that ED have added a fair number of other bindings to "default.lua", bindings that were previously available for the TM Warthog throttle  only.

Edited by LeCuvier
  • Like 1

LeCuvier

3 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

The HMCS Power commands are actually added to the stock file "default.lua" (in stable and Open Beta) now and you can bind them. They have essentially provided the bindings I proposed in an earlier post, with slightly different naming.
They have not added them to the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua" which means that you cannot bind them to the TM Warthog throttle. That makes sense of course because the switches on this device are all used for other functions.
I have bound the HMCS POWER ON and OFF commands to a rocker switch on my DSD Button Box.

PS: I found that ED have added a fair number of other bindings to "default.lua", bindings that were previously available for the TM Warthog throttle  only.

Please share a bit more information on how to actually do this. Have never edited lua's before. Are they overwritten during OB patches?

Thanks,

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

1 hour ago, Ready said:

Please share a bit more information on how to actually do this. Have never edited lua's before. Are they overwritten during OB patches?

Thanks,

Do what? ED has added the HMCS Power commands to the stock files. You just bind the new commands in Options/Controls.

LeCuvier

10 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

Do what? ED has added the HMCS Power commands to the stock files. You just bind the new commands in Options/Controls.

ahh okay got it. thanks

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png