Incomplete L16 on TAD and HMCS

iPod_09

I noticed unknown and hostile aircrafts are not represented in the Scorpion HMCS and TAD.

In the documentation I can see :

AIR TRK FRIEND : No function

AIR NEUTRAL : No function

AIR SUSPECT : No function

AIR HOSTILE : No function

AIR OTHER : No function

Since AWACS feed this information to link-16 + obviously the placeholder option is there, how is it that we are not able to see it both on TAD and HMCS ?

Edited by kaymelkan
  • Like 2

Badoo 4 | iPod

A-10 doesn't use Link 16

Yes you are right it uses SADL, which "shares information with Link16 through gateways" (source : USAF)

"With SADL you can see everything that a friendly user puts on the link,"

So IRL A10C have no way to see air threats at least on their TAD ?

Well that's a disappointment.

Badoo 4 | iPod

Yes you are right it uses SADL, which "shares information with Link16 through gateways" (source : USAF)

"With SADL you can see everything that a friendly user puts on the link,"

+1 The picture is worth a thousand words:

https://media.defense.gov/2007/Jun/27/2000477215/780/780/0/062607-F-0602B-100.JPG

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

@SmilingBandit

The gateway is already in the game and has been there for a quite long time, just place an E-3 or similar AWACS in the mission and you're golden.

The specific case of non-friendly air not being shown is not due to a gateway not existing in the mission tho as per the info from Snoopy.

@SmilingBandit

The gateway is already in the game and has been there for a quite long time, just place an E-3 or similar AWACS in the mission and you're golden.

The specific case of non-friendly air not being shown is not due to a gateway not existing in the mission tho as per the info from Snoopy.

The simulated "gateway" is not done correctly currently, at least in MP

The simulated "gateway" is not done correctly currently, at least in MP

Even in single player it's incomplete. In my play around map there is an E-2 and I added an E-3 to make sure I wasn't missing something as a potential gateway. Furthermore I put in an F-15C AI as another Link 16 donor.

As you can see in the attached picture, the F-18 SA page shows all the friendly aircraft (the two AWACS near the center, the F-15 near bullseye, and the two tankers in between). In the A-10 I only see the three jets that are donors and none of the other tracks that they share with Link 16 jets.

As another data point I created a clean mission with only an A-10C II, a KC-135, and an F-15C. The F-15 is visible on the TAD despite no gateway unit existing.

So more the issue appears to be that the gateway function is only sharing the information for donor aircraft, but not their tracks.

32887128_SAOverview.thumb.jpg.5f609747ebc2598c32509f42d39a1ee3.jpg

TAD and HMCS Datalink incomplete picture

The TAD and HMCS are only displaying other A10C's and AWACS. Other planes espcacially other players (friendly or enemy) in MP, are not displayed.

Maybe a Link 16 Gateway thing? Or incomplete data from the AWACS trough SADL?

Every other plane can see the complete picture.

The thing is ED is not being clear about this, either the clearly state they are not implementing it for whichever reason or they state its planned for the future, but they are playing the No comments game for the moment.

I guess they know they should implement at least friendly non AI planes when a L16 gateway is available but right now is uncomfortable given the sheer amounts of things in the pipeline and low price of the update.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

I guess they know they should implement at least friendly non AI planes when a L16 gateway is available but right now is uncomfortable given the sheer amounts of things in the pipeline and low price of the update.

I think your conspiracy theory is reaching just a little.

Quite a simple theory i pose to be considered conspiracy, but ok

You’re kind of suggesting that ED are not playing things straight for some undisclosed reason other than “It’s WIP” so that comes off as conspiratorial.

I’m willing, at this point, to give them the benefit of the doubt. They’ve been made aware for quite some time now that SADL doesn’t show everything it should but it will probably never show everything it can given that the A-10 (both versions) are born of paid contracts with a very important client. Obviously, I hope ED will eventually give us as much as they possibly can.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

You’re kind of suggesting that ED are not playing things straight for some undisclosed reason other than “It’s WIP” so that comes off as conspiratorial.

I'm not suggesting, i'm stating that so far ED have played the no comment game.

There are reasonable reasons for that like that they want to do it but now they dont have enough resources, or maybe they wont do it, in which case they need to state it fair and square so pleople stop asking about it.

Again, no conspiracies, no dark intentions whatsoever, just too silent for my taste, hopefully some ED associate will chime in and shed some light to the functionality asked.

They’ve been made aware for quite some time now that SADL doesn’t show everything it should but it will probably never show everything it can given that the A-10 (both versions) are born of paid contracts with a very important client. Obviously, I hope ED will eventually give us as much as they possibly can.

Which is totally fine, understable reason, as I said before, just let us know the official word on this.

And btw ive never doubt ED. Whatever their decission is. DCS will continue being my main hobbie and i will keep being a happy customer :)

I’m willing, at this point, to give them the benefit of the doubt. They’ve been made aware for quite some time now that SADL doesn’t show everything it should but it will probably never show everything it can given that the A-10 (both versions) are born of paid contracts with a very important client. Obviously, I hope ED will eventually give us as much as they possibly can.

Is the gateway work in progress? The only thing I've read from ED sources says it's in. If what is in the game is their end state then it is what it is, but it's sorely lacking.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd definitely like to hear EDs intentions regarding the current datalink implementation, the limited implementation in singleplayer is cool but multiplayer datalink needs some love especially given the fact contested AA environments are standard for most multiplayer servers. 
That said some more A-10 news in general would be nice, been pretty quiet apart from the odd bug fixes since October

• Like 1