Modifiers for Trim Switch....why?

I am curious why the default commands for the Trim hat require a LCTRL modifier to be pushed to adjust the trim? Seems very odd. Also, I am getting a significant pitch up when I move the Master Arm from Arm to Safe. Anyone else? Seems odd that a switch would affect an axis?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

I am curious why the default commands for the Trim hat require a LCTRL modifier to be pushed to adjust the trim? Seems very odd. Also, I am getting a significant pitch up when I move the Master Arm from Arm to Safe. Anyone else? Seems odd that a switch would affect an axis?

No idea why the default trim hat inputs would have been associated with a modifier - must have been how the primary person who was testing the aircraft before release had it setup, and their input profiles were used for the default. It is, incredibly silly in my opinion.

The significant pitch up would most likely be due to the GUN PAC ARM being enabled as well, which when the master arm is disabled - also disables the GUN PAC ARM (which increases maneuverability by giving more authority / input of nose down pitch range). When GUN PAC ARM is enabled, it puts the aircraft in a nose down AOA to assist in precision of the GAU-8 dispersion - hence why you are experiencing a significant pitch up when switching the master arm to SAFE.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Because people gotta look around in the world. POV hat = look left, right, up, down. So that means to do trim they need a different input. Ctrl+POV. If you have a head tracker or some other way to look around you probably want to bind POV to trim directly.

The GUNPAC has a 2 degree elevator trim bias to help keep the nose under control when gun firing. This comes on and off with gun arming (e.g. gun-PAC switch or if PAC is armed and master arm is turned on and off). It's there to help shooting stability.

On the trim hat, the non-modified settings are not mapped to anything....so its strange why it was mapped with a LCTRL modifier. Anyway, easy fix. And you guys are correct on the Master Arm pitch change, turning GUN/PAC off does the same thing. I do not remember A-10C doing this though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

huh... it should be bound to the POV view controls.. okay strange.

Yeah, I tried it in non-VR to make sure....nothing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

And you guys are correct on the Master Arm pitch change, turning GUN/PAC off does the same thing. I do not remember A-10C doing this though.

She always did, but I feel like it is a bit more accentuated now - not sure if that is because of the changes/improvements to the flight model - or if it is because I was away from DCS for such a long period of time.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria