A-10c II Hotas functions Chart for kneeboard

Hi Coyote, great image and thanks for sharing, I started to use it but found it caused some confusion when using these with a Warthog in DCS, the images is wrong compared to the real stick which can aid with some confusion. you have the DMS on the L side and TMS on the R side, where as the stick has the TMS on the L side and DMS on the R side also the Coolie hat and CMS could do with being swapped to too, this would then mirror your stick you are looking at vs the image your looking at as a Kneeboard.

Any chance you can you possible do another one with both the DMS and TMS and CMS and Coolie hat reversed.

I tried to do it but im not very good at this kind of stuff>

Cheers

Cheers

Here you have it... I realized once I posted it :D

A10c-II-GRAPHICAL-HOTAS.png

Here's also a coloured one made by Crysinator.

A-10c-II-Hotas-Commands-v2.png

Great chart! But what's with China Hat Aft Long? It was discussed a lot here and as far as I understood its function is now "Slave TGP to SPI" (instead of STRP).

For example:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=288128

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=287497

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4507647&postcount=9

Edited by Hive

It seems to slave TGP to STPT for me (CHAL).

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the "HMCS B/S" columns are for on the Command charts? I've searched the manual and can't find what it is. I think it is something to do with BoreSighting the HMCS, but not sure and can't figure out how to access it's functions in game

Does anyone know what the "HMCS B/S" columns are for on the Command charts? I've searched the manual and can't find what it is. I think it is something to do with BoreSighting the HMCS, but not sure and can't figure out how to access it's functions in game

With the TGP displayed on the right MFD, the boat switch will change the TGP display between CCD/BHOT/WHOT (just like it does if the MFD displaying the TGP is SOI) and the TDC will slew the cursor of the HMCS if the HMCS is SOI.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Just as a follow on from Ziptie's answer above, if you have the HMCS as SOI and then slew the cursor from the centre cross hair it becomes ground stabilised (the open box). To get it back to the crosshairs (boresight it) it's China Hat Aft, which is the control you are asking about. You can tell by the look of the cross hairs in the HMCS whether its bore sighted or not by the cross shape. If it's a Maltese Cross it's bore sighted, if it's just a plain cross the cursor is ground stabilised somewhere.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

The HMCS isn't always perfectly calibrated in direction. The HMCS B/S is probably some kind of mode to adjust the calibration of the HMCS boresight to the actual line of sight. This is similar to the Maverick missile boresight calibration.

CHAS simply cages the HMCS cursor to the "bore sight" of the HMCS.

As user: bart described above, this is indicated by the "Maltese cross" in the HMCS, rather than just a cross - which indicates that the HMCS cursor has been slewed in prior operation.

Cheers,

Ziptie

There is a Page 2 under the STATS -> HMCS display on the right MFCD.

AFAIK, these OSBs don’t do anything (yet?) but perhaps there’s a tie in or there will be between these OSBs and what’s on the chart?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Thanks for all your replies, the ones I'm more interested in are the TMS and DMS commands for HMCS B/S. Still can't seem to figure them out!

Make sure your HMCS is SOI, then they should function.

Coolie switch forward, when there is an asterisk on the HMCS display, that indicates it is SOI.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Thanks again for your replies, but I think you're missing my point. I'm happy with the Columns for the HMCS functions of DMS, TMS, Boat switch etc. It's the Columns for HMCS B/S that I can't wrap my head around.

For example, the column for HMCS B/S for DMS has "Text Rotate CCW & CW" "Boresight Roll CCW & CW" and the TMS has "Comp. BS/Occl Pt" "Complete Occl Pt" and "Remove Occl Pt". It is these functions I am confused about!! What do these do and how can I make them work/access them?

Edited by andyfoot

Does anybody know if DMS right long will go to the last mark point manually set or if it will also go to the "Z" point after last weapon release?

Thanks!

TMS right long will slave to last mark point - not sure if that will take to you "Z point" or not, but could be a quick test for you to do if that is the only remaining question.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• 1 year later...
On 9/30/2020 at 8:36 PM, VaporFlow said:

Hi, I took an old chart that I used in the old A-10c as kneeboard and updated it for the new A/C. Just download it and save to /saved games/dcs/kneeboard/A-10c_2/

I also got it in PDF if wanted... just PM.

I was about to create something like this and figured I'd check if somebody else had thought of it first. Thanks for setting this up.

Also, I commend you on your awesome choice of avatar. 🙂

This one is also downloadable from dcs main site: downloads-user files; select utility and a10c-II as filters. I keep a printout next to me when flying, very handy!

1996C69F-25EB-47EE-8A78-3BE7A64A259D.png

• Like 2

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones