A truly awesome update - thanks ED

TED

Just downloaded and tested the new A10C II. The A10C was certainly one of my favourite modules before and in my view the most complete in DCS.

This new A10C II is just fantastic and worth the wait. Set up a few missions in Syria and Caucauses to fly around and test the systems and blow a few things up! The new head mounted sighting system is pure gold and works extremely well. To be able to use the head mounted display and sight to locate and mark targets, SPI’s and slave the tgp is a huge capability improvement. It really makes this machine live up to its well earned reputation as an awesome and feared tank killer. There is no other module in dcs that is as effective at targeting and weapons deployment as the A10. Sure others are faster, go higher, land on ships - but when it comes to just putting bombs and bullets on targets effectively i cant see how anything beats the A10.

I could easily bin all my other modules now and just fly this. This module alone makes DCS worthy of the title of the best combat flight sim available.

I agree on pretty much everything TED said :thumbup:

Only flew for little over an hour now, but man, this is pure fun!

Thanks ED :cheer3nc:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

A truly awesome update - thanks ED

I killed 14 bmp’s and AAA’s with the new laser guide rockets (absolutely amazing), killed some heavy tanks with the new Maverick L variants and located targets with the HMD.

I can genuinely say it’s an absolute and utter beast of an upgrade. I also love the new hud perspective, you can see all of the hud which was really turning me off flying the A10-C.

It’s an absolutely amazing job and seriously worth the full price for people new to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

great to hear TED! Indeed, the Hawg is an awesome bird!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• ED Team

Thank you for the kind words all.

We hope you enjoy for many years to come.

Best regards from us at the ED team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Big thumbs up from me also. HMCS is worth the upgrade money alone, amazing flexibility. Thanks to all at ED for this, really appreciated.

Hardware - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i9 11900kf stock, DeepCool LE520 water cooled, Gigabyte Z590 Gaming X, 64gb DDR4 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3070 TI 8gb, 480gb SSD & 500gb M.2 SSD for DCS World, HP Reverb G1 VR headset, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, throttle & TFRP Pedals.

Modules - A10C II, AH64D, BS3, C101, F5E, F15E, F16C, F/A18C, L-39, M2000C, MI24P, P47D, Supercarrier

Maps - Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Sinai, The Channel

ED team just turned the Hog from being dangerous to LETHAL in this update.

Fantastic work guy's, I'm having an absolute blast with the Hog. As said above, anyone new to the Hog and thinking of purchasing it for the first time, don't hesitate. It's well worth the full price and is a firm benchmark for all other modules to be compared to. It simply is Eagle Dynamics's best, most detailed and realistic modern aircraft module to date, a true study sim and will IMHO take some beating.

I can't wait for the talented mission and campaign designers to come up with some new stuff for our new Hog.

Thanks ED, you guy's really put out this time. Awesome work :thumbup:

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I have to agree and it's not even "done" yet. Most won't care about the ARC-210 but if SRS can get the information and/or ED gets their VOIP with realistic radio functions that'll be awesome too!

Good Job ED, and as always with anything concerning the A-10C anything I can do to help let me know!!

I haven't flown the A-10 in years. I'M BACK:thumbup:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

The team had done a great job.

I was delighted to see that they got APKWS details right, the rocket comes out spinning for a bit, then the fins deploy, de-rolls the rocket, so it can achieve guidance. And if you fire it out of range, the battery on the rocket will actually run out, so the rocket will go back to spinning.

Great work ED!

ED really nailed it with this and there is absolutely nothing not to love with this module. So far I havent experienced any bugs in open beta either so I would not be surprised if this is fairly quick now to be released to stable. Whilst we are all impatient and want the newest greatest modules out of ED as quickly as possible, I think this new A10C is really more justification as to why its important for ED to wait with their releases until the module is ready to go. So many of the early release projects (ED and 3rd party) have been fraught with issues that lead to so much frustration and criticism and really muddy the waters for DCS, which is in all reality and amazing product. This just shows that with a little patience and perseverance, when they get it right, they REALLY get it right!

In all my years of career flying - both military and civilian, I have not experienced a simulator with this level of detail and realism. Sure the sims we use are full motion level D with all the original parts, but when it comes to visuals and flexibility of realistic mission planning they dont compete. My military days are behind me now, but i have seen that my old units are using VR training very actively now. I cant help thinking I wish I had had something like DCS available when I was a baby pilot on the squadrons!

It's fair to put a 'THANK YOU' post a sticky.

For a ridicules 10$ we've got a ton of features - models, avionics etc. It's easy to see the amount of work the devs put into it. Gladly the coop with USAF gave them relevant docs and brought us a SUPERB aircraft.

ED - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Edited by nickos86

You've done it again ED, you've ruined a passionate night with my wife, with an awesome upgrade.....................get it, it works in two ways......bwaaahaaa

:music_whistling:

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15