JSOW help please (TRK included)

Orwell

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wq5h-tGsV3AGDKJva7QdfCDyd4maF39i/view?usp=sharing

Can someone look at this and point out what I'm doing wrong?

JSOW JSA in TOO.

EFUZE

I'm taking precise coords from F10 map, I put them into WP1 on my HSI DATA page.

I go to JSOW DISPY and then MSN and then hit WPDSG

I see the coords in MSN.

JSOW flies over the target and doesn't deploy sub munitions.

Sometimes it will hit but I feel like when they hit, I'm doing something differently.

There are too many variables and I can't keep them straight.

Am I a total idiot or is this a bug?

Edited by Orwell

As far as your JSOW missing, did you check the altitude of your WP1? JSOW-A will fly a profile that puts them above the target, based on the programmed height setting above ground level.

PP (Pre-Planned) targets would normally be uploaded to the jet through the data cartridge (not implemented). Targets would be pre-determined before the pilot is even in the cockpit; this way the pilot only has to fly release cues and not have to worry about designating a target manually. That said, PP mode also supports manual coordinate entry. Each weapon station with a JDAM/JSOW/SLAM loaded can support up to 5 individual PP target coordinates (20 total possible targets).

TOO (Target-of-Opportunity) targets are only created mid-mission by the aircraft's sensors. If a TGT position exists, and a JDAM/JSOW/SLAM is selected, the priority station (i.e. the currently active station) will constantly read the TGT coordinates and copy them to the weapon's memory. Releasing a weapon in this mode will automatically write the TGT position into the memory of the next weapon in the release sequence once it becomes the new priority station. Common methods of designating using TOO would be using the targeting pod, or WPDSG. Each weapon station can support up to 2 individual TOO coordinates.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Hey man, thanks for the reply.

When I input the WP I make the "elevation" the ground level as stated by the F10 map.

Is that the issue? I just figured it would figure out [GNDLVL + BURST HEIGHT] on its own?

Also, this is happening sometimes when I designate the target via TPOD as well, which I think would eliminate this variable.

Yea I'm not sure what's happening on this one. Sometimes they work, sometimes they go wonky. I'm seeing them fail to perform the full pre-terminal evasive maneuver, they go sideways and just plow into the ground in your track. I'm wondering if there's something going on with the settings in JSOW pages causing a hiccup somewhere, I'm playing around with different settings, resetting some to default, seeing what works and what fails.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

So in a track you can take over, right?

I hope you figure it out. I spend all day yesterday messing with it. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Probably something stupid on my part.

This is the trouble with DCS though.

It's so complex that when something is going wrong, you don't know if it's you working the aircraft wrong, or a bug in the simulation. Very annoying.

Yea I'm not sure what's happening on this one. Sometimes they work, sometimes they go wonky. I'm seeing them fail to perform the full pre-terminal evasive maneuver, they go sideways and just plow into the ground in your track. I'm wondering if there's something going on with the settings in JSOW pages causing a hiccup somewhere, I'm playing around with different settings, resetting some to default, seeing what works and what fails.

154 C - no problem in any scenario I tried. A's - useless... as any other cluster munitions we have for Hornets. It's been a while since they worked.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wq5h-tGsV3AGDKJva7QdfCDyd4maF39i/view?usp=sharing

Can someone look at this and point out what I'm doing wrong?

JSOW JSA in TOO.

EFUZE

I'm taking precise coords from F10 map, I put them into WP1 on my HSI DATA page.

I go to JSOW DISPY and then MSN and then hit WPDSG

I see the coords in MSN.

JSOW flies over the target and doesn't deploy sub munitions.

Sometimes it will hit but I feel like when they hit, I'm doing something differently.

There are too many variables and I can't keep them straight.

Am I a total idiot or is this a bug?

I have this kind bug too.JSOW-A...TOO Mode....target locked...JSOW-A launched...target missed

1628727409_QQ20201006190744.thumb.png.b48179a855b96adb94c4027e44edbb39.png

Tacview-20201006-184636-DCS- 高加索JF-17 Train.zip.acmi.zip

I've been trying to get to grips with the JSOW recently too.

1) They REALLY are ineffective lol! I see the dispersal cloud and bomb drop ripples on target, but even against open AAA they aren't that great and I end up returning to send another 2 in.

I'm going to play with burst height in a minute and feed back, but someone above mentioned that clusters aren't too great all around the the '18 - and I think I agree (No. No RL to back that up).

2) I too (no pun) have had them totally miss in TOO mode for no reason.

2b) Good grief the TOO procedure is a ballache. RL or no RL - it just plain sucks! At least make us "target designate" on the HOTAS to send coordinates to the weapon (yes - sure RL dictates this behaviour)!

I'm having the same problem. Haven't used the F/A-18C in about a month and it seems the JSOW-A just turns off and dives into the ground. I haven't had 1 deploy the bomblets correctly after testing in both MP and SP when using in TOO mode with a TPOD.