DCS World in VR

So I just recently started playing DCS with the Oculus Rift S. And all I can say is WOW!. While I had a expectation of being able to head track, I was expecting the graphics to basically just look like what it does with a standard monitor. What I was not expecting was that the cockpits were actually going to be 3D. This has taken the game to a whole different level.

One thing that I wanted to share was that I was having a difficult time dealing with the interactive cockpits while in VR. I am right handed and operating my track ball with my left while in VR was a challenge to say the least. But I came across a solution to be able to easily use the VR head position as my interface method. I found a finger mouse on amazon for $16 that I could use for the mouse clicks so I wouldn't have to take my hand off the throttle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ZI35J4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The mouse functionality is absolute crap but I strap it backwards to my pointer finger and just use the mouse buttons and wheel. Works like a charm so I thought I would share. BTW I get no referral or affiliate kickback from this. Just wanted to share.

So I just recently started playing DCS with the Oculus Rift S. And all I can say is WOW!. While I had a expectation of being able to head track, I was expecting the graphics to basically just look like what it does with a standard monitor. What I was not expecting was that the cockpits were actually going to be 3D. This has taken the game to a whole different level.

One thing that I wanted to share was that I was having a difficult time dealing with the interactive cockpits while in VR. I am right handed and operating my track ball with my left while in VR was a challenge to say the least. But I came across a solution to be able to easily use the VR head position as my interface method. I found a finger mouse on amazon for $16 that I could use for the mouse clicks so I wouldn't have to take my hand off the throttle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ZI35J4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The mouse functionality is absolute crap but I strap it backwards to my pointer finger and just use the mouse buttons and wheel. Works like a charm so I thought I would share. BTW I get no referral or affiliate kickback from this. Just wanted to share.

Take a look at PointCTRL. https://pointctrl.com/

Also, us VR types have a subthread under INPUT/OUTPUT forum. Lots of great information there.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Take a look at PointCTRL. https://pointctrl.com/

snip...

This! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I've been using a finger mouse for a while now. Once you get used to it, it makes interacting with the cockpit much quicker. I use it on my left index finger. Great for turning dials as well

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD