Weapon Radar Cross Sections

Shadow_1stVFW

Is there a plan to visit the radar cross section of weapons in DCS?

Currently its pretty clear by my testing point defense surface to air systems detect incoming missiles and not bombs. This produces an issue when bombs such as the Walleye, GBU 31, GBU 38 and others, which should produce very sizable radar cross sections are not detected. But munitions designed to to reduce radar cross sections such as the JSOW are detected.

And since I'm on the topic, why is the walleye a bomb and the JSOW a missile? Both are guided, unpowered (flight) munitions. The walleye is even designated an AGM. Seems logically inconsistent.

I'd even be happy if the JSOWs moved to the bomb category for the same reason Walleyes are, whatever that reason is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Right now weapons which are classes as bombs, don't have RCS values at all, that is why they cannot be engaged.

I've heard that there are plans to make bombs trackable as well, but when that will happen is ....

There more pressing issues with some of the Chinese weapons and their RCS values, as some like the LD-10 cannot be tracked by any SAM.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Right now weapons which are classes as bombs, don't have RCS values at all, that is why they cannot be engaged.

I've heard that there are plans to make bombs trackable as well, but when that will happen is ....

There more pressing issues with some of the Chinese weapons and their RCS values, as some like the LD-10 cannot be tracked by any SAM.

A lot of ships can target them, it just needs to be powerful enough, even if that RCS value is still too low ships can do it

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I don't believe there is any RCS values at all. I think its a simple flag for what can be engaged and what can't. One of the chinese ships tracks bombs. (Which I'm not looking forward too, come on now)

It can't be down to the weapon itself (I hope) because if a walleye is untackable and a JSOW is I have some issues with that.

My main gripe so far is JSOW is classified as a missile where the walleye is not.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• 3 months later...