SD-10 Performance compared to AIM-120C?

Hentai Paisen

It´s quite similar, you are able to get head-on shots at 30k+ ft with closures of about 1k+ KT at 30+ NM, even further. Problem is that it inherited problems that the AMRAAM had, as described here and here .

Best thing is quite difficult to notch it RN, previously it missed with just some chaff and a bit of notching, i would say it is quite better now. All of my experience is SP though.

This is article which discuss SD-10 performance as compare to Russian and American A/A missiles

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-PLA-AAM.html

ausairpower is notoriously biased and full of misleading information. For example, it states that "The[sD-10] missile is widely credited with superior range performance to the AIM-120A-C variants" which is a) misleading because there is a large gap between early A and C AMRAAMs in terms of range and b) outright wrong because Deka have cited the PL-12 and SD'10 manufacturers stating multiple times that the missile is supposed to be in between the B and C AMRAAM

Yes, that website is a cudgel to try to force Australians to spend more on national defense. It's a political thing.

If SD-10 is bad right now the Amraam is in the same place. From I understand DCS doesnt actually simulate chaff... there is a long way to go.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

...the SD-10 has the same drag as the 120C rn AND is on the new API, albeit temporarily to fix the RWR bug. And ED did NOT nerf the SD-10; ED provided evidence that the original SD-10 was overperforming, and Deka agreed and gave it reasonable drag values.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

...the SD-10 has the same drag as the 120C rn AND is on the new API, albeit temporarily to fix the RWR bug. And ED did NOT nerf the SD-10; ED provided evidence that the original SD-10 was overperforming, and Deka agreed and gave it reasonable drag values.

Where did you get same drag? Night hawks test showed it still has the same SD-10 kinematic values

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

i am sorry which evidance ??

they said it supposed to perform like this due to their CFD program that is already running and testing missiles with 1 motor stage and they dont have any evidance i asked chizh that ED have a public data or info about SD-10 he said no they dont know about the missile they simple run a test with an ((((((( old ))))))) CFD program that DEKA said they must change it if Meteor will come to the game due to the missile will fly with a double engine stages

where did u got that . BTW i am the one who is talking to Chizh in a forum called SD-10 nerfed go check it

PS : all missiles in DCS simulated by guessing not from a real data its 100% impossible that any air force or any missile developer company will provide u with the correct data not in a million year u can ask any real pilot and they will never answer its a war changer if this data got leaked in a public game

Edited by Chiron

As far ive played with both against human players they are comparable. The sd10 will be the fastest missile inside 15 mn but the 120c will be the one with a range advantage at high altitude long ranges (over 30nm).

But none of them is superior enough over the other so the better pilot wins (as always btw...)

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

i am sorry which evidance ??

they said it supposed to perform like this due to their CFD program that is already running and testing missiles with 1 motor stage and they dont have any evidance i asked chizh that ED have a public data or info about SD-10 he said no they dont know about the missile they simple run a test with an ((((((( old ))))))) CFD program that DEKA said they must change it if Meteor will come to the game due to the missile will fly with a double engine stages

where did u got that . BTW i am the one who is talking to Chizh in a forum called SD-10 nerfed go check it

PS : all missiles in DCS simulated by guessing not from a real data its 100% impossible that any air force or any missile developer company will provide u with the correct data not in a million year u can ask any real pilot and they will never answer its a war changer if this data got leaked in a public game

Im not claiming that EDs suggested correction was 100% accurate. The point was that ED ran a simple CFD to show how grossly off the original SD-10 was; it had more range than an AIM-54 Mk47, and was on par with the Mk60. This wasnt ED trying to nerf it, thats all im saying. Im pretty sure deka has it where they want it as of before the temporary canges.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Yes, that website is a cudgel to try to force Australians to spend more on national defense. It's a political thing.

IIRC its run by a dishonorably discharged serviceman with an axe to grind. He legit wanted us to buy Su-30s.

i am sorry which evidance ?? ...

So you do not have ANY evidence of the Dynamics of the AIM 120... another fanboy

As far ive played with both against human players they are comparable. The sd10 will be the fastest missile inside 15 mn but the 120c will be the one with a range advantage at high altitude long ranges (over 30nm).

But none of them is superior enough over the other so the better pilot wins (as always btw...)

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Totally on board with all of that. If you know the BVR game the SD-10 does great things for you and one can hold its own pretty well against enemies with 120Cs. I feel, though that the potentially higher speed of the SD-10 gives you a slight edge over the 120C when employed within the correct parameters. It is just a really great BVR missile and performs well in its current state.

• 2 weeks later...

This again?

Search the forum for historic posts by Chiron and myself. There is a ton of discussion on this by AeriaGloria, Harlequin, and others.

I spammed the forum with links to numerous articles and "other information" about the SD-10*A* missile that we should be carrying on the Jeff.

Did that ever get changed?

The SD-10A is one heck of a missile, and yes, it is superior if flown correctly to the -120B model AMRAAM. It's closer to the C, but with higher terminal-phase speed and maneuverability, and slightly longer range if fired at optimum launch parameters.

The SD-10A is so good it is even used as an AD missile, which reportedly has 80%+ PK.

I linked evidence of all of the above after hours and hours of reading information. As already stated, this stuff is classified so data is scarce.

Before anyone goes screaming "Chinese propaganda!", it is a Russian missile built in cooperation with the Chinese for EXPORT. There is much already known about the missiles it is based upon.

EVERYONE lies about their capabilities, either positive or negative, to lull the enemy into a false sense of security (or fear).

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."