Case III Bolter Pattern

sLYFa

Does anybody know in what configuration you are supposed to fly the tomcat in the bolter pattern during case III operations? I've heard the hornets go gear up and flaps half. Since the Tomcat doesn't have flaps half and maintaining 150 with flaps up is rather tricky, do flaps stay down on the tomcat? What about gear, DLC and SPDBRK? I would imagie the latter two definitely stay in for the bolter pattern. But what about gear?

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

u can put flaps up and then control manoeuvre flaps with DLC controls

There's something weird with these maneuver flaps. These work 1st time, but after, they do or they don't retract or get stuck out or don't extend.

Not a high priority whatsoever, but I see these red stripes indicators, which is annoying, just a bit, that they're stuck.

BTW I binded to TMWH throttle slider. Anyone else, or just me?

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Flight sims can be misleading you into thinking somethings are working in a specific way, where the mechanics in the Real world dictates something else. You really need to look at documentation to avoid those pitfalls.

For example flaps, lots of people insist on misusing in this bird.

Flap handle Is a lever with long travel, but it's not an axis, there is only up and down. (No partial flaps)

And You are not ment to use them over 225kts or over 3Gs or so.

Manuver flaps do their thing automatically you can force them with DLC. But everyone keeps forgetting that the DLC is a self centering axis. When you let go it will return to center.

Yea you overspeed them and they break like that.

When these maneuver flaps are not stuck - yet - I see them auto-retract at ~310kts or so, they should never go kaput.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Well then thats answers the original question. Flaps full down on case III bolter, gear up and dont go over 225 knots.

If I'm low on fuel / doing t&go cercuits, I raise flaps so to have more miliage.

Edited by majapahit

Well then thats answers the original question. Flaps full down on case III bolter, gear up and dont go over 225 knots.

The Bolter pattern is flown at 150 KIAS with gear and flaps down. As you turn final, extend speedbrakes, engage DLC, slow to on speed and complete the landing checklist.

Viewpoints are my own.