[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE] something is stopping the hmcs from becoming SOI

Raven434th

something is stopping the hmcs from becoming SOI.I don't know why but at some point I can't get it too SOI,,,,all other modes will SOI just not the HMCS. It simply stops after awhile.

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Could you try to be at least a little more specific?

I haven't had such a problem, and I haven't read a single report about such a thing happening.

As it stands, this will get tagged "Unable to reproduce" and "No track" and will never be looked upon again.

If you want this fixed, you need to find a way to reproduce it.

I can't reproduce it as its a random happening.But its happened more than once in instant action.It just stops recognizing a SOI press.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Did you maybe make HMCS PRO3 active (without knowing)? DMS right short a couple of times, and you're there. If you're not looking out of the window at the point, you don't see the switch happening.

PRO3 does not contain the asterisk that indicates that HMCS is SOI.

I started to enable that bit again as part of my startup, because I was also a couple of times puzzled.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Did you maybe make HMCS PRO3 active (without knowing)? DMS right short a couple of times, and you're there. If you're not looking out of the window at the point, you don't see the switch happening.

I started to enable that bit again as part of my startup, because I was also a couple of times puzzled.

that is very possible... will check it out today

: ayuda a milie:

something is stopping the hmcs from becoming SOI.I don't know why but at some point I can't get it too SOI,,,,all other modes will SOI just not the HMCS. It simply stops after awhile.

:llorar:

sometimes it also happens to me that I can't put the HMD on Soi (even looking to the side and doing Coolie up 1 or twice) it just doesn't turn on SOI, only if I reboot the Switch on the right panel.

HMCS cannot be made SOI if in Master Mode Air-to-Air. What's weird is it will remain SOI if master mode is changed to Air-to-Air but if you leave it can't go back.

Good tip about no asterisk in PRO3. Personally I wish they put 1 asterisk on helmet with HUD SOI and 2 asterisk on helmet with helmet SOI. It would make me feel better when I press coolie up once and nothing happens.

• 1 month later...

OP,

I had the same issue and this post kept coming-up. I was on a slightly old/early build - 2.5.6.2.5.6.55960.

I just updated tonight onto the lastest build and it's fixed (2.5.6.57530 Open Beta - 10.11.2020). You can easily make the HMCS SOI with a single Coolie Hat Up.

Figured I'd post here in case anybody else comes across this as the first hit on Google.

Cheers.

OP,

I had the same issue and this post kept coming-up. I was on a slightly old/early build - 2.5.6.2.5.6.55960.

I just updated tonight onto the lastest build and it's fixed (2.5.6.57530 Open Beta - 10.11.2020). You can easily make the HMCS SOI with a single Coolie Hat Up.

Figured I'd post here in case anybody else comes across this as the first hit on Google.

Cheers.

HMCS SOI with Coolie Switch AFT.

HUD SOI with Coolie Switch FWD.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Ahh, in that case (my case, not the OP's case) it must've been because I reversed Coolie Hat Up and Down, a few months back.

I think I was doing one of the tutorials and the talk about aft/forward/up/down didn't seem logical so I reversed it.

Which I can imagine will be what both of you say it is once I reverse it back in the controls...

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 10/3/2020 at 1:31 AM, Stuka said:

Thanks! That was it for me. Always striving for a new way to fumble finger a fiasco in the target area.