When stable will be update ?

hanab

Patch status is here, keep your eyes on it when it gets updated with new ETAs: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

Next date for Stable update is TBA.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

• ED Team
It was a good idea to create that thread to stop the CONSTANT "when is the update" questions...

But 90% of the time it just says "TBA" which kind of defeats the purpose!

Hi

I update the post as soon as I have information on the update.

Open beta updates regular as you know, we have just had two in one week, now it is set to be announced.

Stable version updates less regular, and as soon as we are happy open beta is stable enough it will be announced and pushed to the stable version.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Do not rush people! The open beta - with the a-10c II introduction and some other tweaks - still has bugs to be fixed; it is better to have a slower stable but with as few bugs as possible.

There's an option (something like update@openbeta / update@stable command - I do not remember well, check the forum) to pass from stable to openbeta and viceversa, without the need to keep both installations side by side, if SDD free space is an issue.

If you use Skatezilla's awesome launcher you can swith between Beta and Release at the click of a button without having both installed. If you pick the other option to the one you have installed, it will just update the files it needs, generally takes less than 5 minutes for me.

Up to you but its an alternative for waiting "month after month" when you list disk space as the reason.

If you use Skatezilla's awesome launcher you can swith between Beta and Release at the click of a button without having both installed. If you pick the other option to the one you have installed, it will just update the files it needs, generally takes less than 5 minutes for me.

Up to you but its an alternative for waiting "month after month" when you list disk space as the reason.

How does that work? How do I play something that isn't installed on my SSD?

Buzz

How does that work? How do I play something that isn't installed on my SSD?

As Darkfury said, it just updates all necessary files.

I would however put a big caveat on the 'less than 5 minutes' quote. It can take hours, especially if there are massive terrain file changes.

The simplest thing is to install both if you have the space, and if you find a show-stopping bug in OB, then just use the Stable.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Ok, that makes more sense. I couldn't understand how it could just swich between the two fast.

I don't have room for both, so I just use OB.

Yep, there is no magic, it's just swapping versions basically.

I have both installed, and only ever use the Stable to check on behaviour to see if is a new bug!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Why release A-10 II in OB before having a stable version with Syria map though ?

It looks like endless bug fixes from previous release.

AMD Ryzen 5800x3D, MB Asus Dark Hero, 64GB DDR4 PC3200, Nvidia RTX 4090 Asus, SSD NVMe 2TB WD SN850, Varjo Aero, Winwing Orion 2, Windows 10

LOMAC survivor

• ED Team
Why release A-10 II in OB before having a stable version with Syria map though ?

It looks like endless bug fixes from previous release.

We use the Open beta as a public test version.

Once we have a stable build it gets pushed to the stable version.

At the moment we are not happy it is stable enough for stable version.

If we push it now, we will have many who will say, why did you update stable version if it isn't stable.

We would like to update stable as soon as possible, but the reality is it does not always work out that way.

All new products hit open beta first, always have always will, that is what the public test open beta is for.

We know it can be frustrating for some users, the choice is there if you want to use open beta, you can run it along side the stable version if you wish to, it is a separate build and runs independently.

hope that helps understand a little.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

People get so hung up on names, beta & stable. In DCS' case there's really not that much difference. Just use the beta version and fly.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

thanks

So I understand that we have choice to fly on stable with very incomplete module like hornet, viper, sc or on OB with very bugged module ?

So I understand that we have choice to fly on stable with very incomplete module like hornet, viper, sc or on OB with very bugged module ?

Precisely! You got it. That's what early release is all about.

The alternative is for us to have no updates for a while, and still not be able to fly hornet, viper, etc until they're fully completed, or to have them available to us to use.

The beautiful thing is that they've given us a choice. For those who like the idea of companies not providing open beta's and early releases - you can still have your cake and eat it - don't buy any early release modules, and only run stable and you've got it. :thumbup: Unlike many situations - we actually have a choice in this one :).

What concerns me is when a company like ED gives us the end user an option like this (which I appreciate) and then get flack for doing so - it kinda lessens the will to give as much freedom down the track. I'm hoping those that freely choose early release - and then complain about it don't ruin it in the future for the rest of us that appreciate the option.

As far as I know ED have been open and transparent about early release modules. I sometimes find it irks me to have things 'change' in the Hornet but then I remind myself that I opted in for early release, and that it comes with the territory.

Edited by Adam

We use the Open beta as a public test version.

Once we have a stable build it gets pushed to the stable version.

If we push it now, we will have many who will say, why did you update stable version if it isn't stable.

We would like to update stable as soon as possible, but the reality is it does not always work out that way.

All new products hit open beta first, always have always will, that is what the public test open beta is for.

We know it can be frustrating for some users, the choice is there if you want to use open beta, you can run it along side the stable version if you wish to, it is a separate build and runs independently.

hope that helps understand a little.

thanks

Thank you!

Thank you for not pushing an unstable Open Beta to stable - it's greatly appreciated! Please take all the time you need to release the stable. If I want to experiment or have the latest, I have the choice to switch to OB which you guys have graciously given.

We have two versions to choose from, open beta and stable and while OB is not stable enough I prefer to keep these two as choices than to force out SB as being the same where we have no choice and have the extra bugs. :thumbup:

As Darkfury said, it just updates all necessary files.

I would however put a big caveat on the 'less than 5 minutes' quote. It can take hours, especially if there are massive terrain file changes.

The simplest thing is to install both if you have the space, and if you find a show-stopping bug in OB, then just use the Stable.

It's the show-stopping bugs in stable which are... shall we say... stopping me. I have two campaigns both of which are bugged and cannot be completed in stable (UH-1 Argo, UH-1 Worlds Apart) and have been quickly patched in open. Quite how they managed to both manage to make it through the process I'm unsure (But I did note that the time between open and stable updates was very, very short that week) but that's the sort of thing which should be micropatched if necessary.

I don't believe I've ever really encountered any other game which both community and company actively default to the 'open beta' to be the default version to be supported as opposed to the primary.

For those who like the idea of companies not providing open beta's and early releases - you can still have your cake and eat it - don't buy any early release modules, and only run stable and you've got it.

I do so, but the stable and the fully released modules are often full of bugs and we have to wait months for a fix. I'd be glad to stay on release and buy only finished modules if the release version was supported. It Is not. The only supported version Is the OB, when they are quite satisfied they "freezes" the OB version and call It stable; but if a bug pass through you have only a "fixed in OB" answer and have to wait. No hot fixes and such. That's why the whole community Is on OB. Please ED support the release version too, give us hot fixes when needed and do not support OB only. Thanks.