Hornet higher level of detail TRUE 4K

Megalax

Love the footprints! and finally the screw on the nose of the airframe :P

Thank you for this awesome liverie.

keep up and maybe more in the future like VMFA-531 Grey Ghosts?... :)

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Man... let me tell you... those footprints in VR are 3-size feet of a regular person feet size. They are giant :lol::)

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Man... let me tell you... those footprints in VR are 3-size feet of a regular person feet size. They are giant :lol::)

I can fix them in a later update, however I used bodily proportions to get the size. My boot size is the same as my forearm, and if you look at the pilot in external view, the boot prints are almost the same size has the 3D pilot's forearms.

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...

I can fix them in a later update, however I used bodily proportions to get the size. My boot size is the same as my forearm, and if you look at the pilot in external view, the boot prints are almost the same size has the 3D pilot's forearms.

There is no need to fix it, thank you anyway :) it´s awesome as it is. In 2D it´s perfect but in VR they are bigger, just find it funny and not a complain :)

PS: my favourite liverie so far. Thank you again for giving love to the Hornet.

@Megalax I really appreciate all your Canadian Liveries - the 4K ones really are a step above the defaults.

I did not know the "master screw" was a thing! Lol... Should the master screw be a "Robertson Head" because that was invented by a Canadian? Lol...

Great meshwork as well, it is all fantastic.

• You should update the FIRST page of this thread with the download links and or links to your other Skins in the User files Downloads. I just downloaded the Canadian F-14 one for fun and have enjoyed the MB-339 4K skin for a while.. thanks!

2035185259_DCS2020-11-14Default.thumb.png.a49d31de97012cd933c3b861b1117c33.png 322680184_DCS2020-11-144K.thumb.png.3cbd2cb13c707f9de576192505e973b2.png

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• Megalax changed the title to Hornet higher level of detail TRUE 4K

A few more detail updates:

I normal mapped the chaff/flare dispensers.

lqzRR7g.jpg

...added a bit more dirt 

hsaKy50.jpg

...and played around with the Roughmet values to complement the dirt

hdCFg5F.jpg

I also dirtied up the fuel tanks.

kw7T1s5.jpg

Edited by Megalax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Megalax's Livery Studio

Holy moly! :surprise:

Fantastic stuff! Every single shot looks like it could be the real thing! Personally, I think this deserves to be made official.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Awesome work!

• 3 weeks later...

Dude . . . Seriously . . . You are NOT supposed to be putting up photos of the real thing and claiming it to be a skin!

😉

Fantastic work, truly beautiful.

Edited by garyscott
  • Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• 2 months later...

More RCAF Hornets in the User Files:

First up is the Hornet / Fulcrum Double Feature from 1989:

sCjGSez.png

DVSaPn5.png

Second is some early marked CF-18s in 1980s/1990s markings known as the "Symmetrical Era".

NSJYPjV.png

7c1vIs1.png

jHdl2XI.png

3Rynur0.png

mtX39zX.png

xpQKwGI.png

AcxC89m.png

WjXFHw1.png

NAKAhHQ.png

m0cYWFe.png

Includes 409, 410, 416, 421, 425, 433, 439 and 441 Squadrons. 416 has special 'Check Six' markings in Cyrillic from chasing a Russian bomber, and they sprayed the same marking in Arabic on jets that participated in Desert Storm in 1991. They all have custom pilot flight suits in either tan/orange, dark green/orange and blue.

Link to my files is in the first post of this thread.

Edited by Megalax
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Megalax's Livery Studio

Just "WOW"!

Thank you! awesome work!

These are gorgeous. I was just downloading dozens of CF-18 photos to redo the dirt and grime on my personal skin. Can't wait to download yours and see what they look like in game. 

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, RaTzo said:

These are gorgeous. I was just downloading dozens of CF-18 photos to redo the dirt and grime on my personal skin. Can't wait to download yours and see what they look like in game. 

I tried basing the weathering on some CF-18 photos myself as they seem to get the grimiest of all. I hope you enjoy them.

Megalax's Livery Studio

GREAT work on the lamp of the Finnish Hornet!
Thanks!

You could work with Kapsu to correct the colors and the weathering of the Finnish skin. Maybe share him the PSD-files?
Since, well, it seems you approriated some of his work in this one?

Edited by Juuba
Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!