Hornet higher level of detail TRUE 4K

Megalax

12 hours ago, Megalax said:

So far I've only done VMFA-312. I can do others. I only did VFA-113 because I had a model of a Hornet in these markings as a kid.

I had a VFA 113 F18 model kit as a kid as well. Iirc, it was from Hasegawa.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Thank you for your work and for sharing.

Sugestion: VMFA-531 🙂

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

13 hours ago, Megalax said:

Mine was a Revell-Monogram.

972510-47193-63-720.jpg

I remember that one! 

Looking forward to your livery.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2020 at 7:18 PM, Megalax said:

The master screw is one which brings me the most satisfaction LOL

Bg4dTZd.jpg

lqPjnOi.jpg

The original intent was just to have more legible stencils.

a7MjVDx.jpg

Hey, when I tried upscaling the textures myself I got extremely blurry stencils and paint on the default skin. Is there any chance you could release a template of the upscaled hornet for us to mess around with? Thanks! 

You get blurry textures because you're upscaling. You have to do what I did and redo all the stenciling.

As far as releasing a template, I would have to say no as its nearly 9gb just for the 2 main texture templates. This size makes it completely impractical for distribution.

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/15/2021 at 5:55 PM, Megalax said:

I know, I know. Another grey jet.

unknown.png

Hey Megalax,

Any other Hornet liveries on the horizon? 🙂

Thank you, love your work.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

1 hour ago, Megalax said:

I've been busy, but have been thinking about doing some more, yes.

Thank you!

Hornet deserves love 🙂 

Loved your VFA-113 (love VFA´s in general).

Eager to see your next work, take care and be safe.

F.

Thank you Megalax! eager for the updated VFA/VFMA ones!

Great work as always.

Very nice CF-188 skins .

Would it be possible to get the template so i could update the tail numbers and incorporate them in the skin, so that the right wing shows the tail number also. For personal use only.  Looking to make the 425th and 433rd squadron fleet from Bagotville. Using your skins for all my CAF planes.

Thanks

Sorry, but unfortunately I will not give out my templates. For a few reasons, mainly being that they are in a bit of messy state and also quite large. With all of them they sit at around 12Gb or so worth of gimp files. The other reason is that I've put far too much work into them to just give them out. Before you ask, because this has been asked of me before, I won't sell them either.

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...

• 4 weeks later...