Need help with Virpil issue

Hammer1-1

Before anyone asks, I have had a support ticket for Virpil for over a month now with a need for a new replacement cable. The ticket was closed, was told they will ship out a cable and let me know when it will ship. That said, that was almost a month ago, and they arent going to ship it anytime soon.

I am extremely disappointed as I had paid a LOT of money for my virpil stuff - T50CM2 stick, warbrd base, and T-50 Mongoos throttle, and had nothing but good things to say about them...until now.

I need help with obtaining a new ribbon cable for the stick. To be more precise, its the 5 pin din female connector that mates the joystick to the base. The pins wore out over time with me swapping over from the T-50CM base to warthog, to hornet. Long story short, this cable needs a replacement, Virpil isnt sending me one, and I have a very expensive brick just sitting here collecting dust. Can ANYONE refer me to an aftermarket stock where I might be able to find this particular cable so I can fix it myself? I cant solder to save my own life.

Also, I might be selling my virpil gear here really shortly because of this. I get the whole COVID-19 issue, but they've told me 3 times they will send me out a cable in a period of over a month but they arent going to. They've said they will send me out a bill when I do (since its barely outside of warranty) but they havent yet. After all is said and done, Im not going to go through this ever again. Ive had my TM Warthog for much longer, and Guillermo seems to support his stuff regardless.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

it took a few minutes of searching, this one looks close to the Virpil one

https://vetco.net/products/5-pin-mini-din-female-panel-mount-jack

https://www.globalsources.com/si/AS/RayFast-Technology/6008847415786/pdtl/Mini-DIN-Connector/1060483094.htm

designator for this is

5-pin Mini DIN socket

but you have to make sure the pin layout is the same as Virpils

iRma6RC.png

Edited by HC_Official

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Ive already tried that route, like I said I cant solder to save my life.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Are there any electronic repair shops near you, you could buy the bits take it to him and get him to assemble a new cable

Also try posting on

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas in reddit or https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/forum/6-tech-support/

Only ppl I know up here that might be able to help with this are avionics techs here at work. I can ask, but for the most part I doubt I can get anyone to solder this on a break. I have bits and pieces, but no new connector to the board and I dont think its reusable since the pins are already in it.

My wallpaper and skins

Only ppl I know up here that might be able to help with this are avionics techs here at work. I can ask, but for the most part I doubt I can get anyone to solder this on a break. I have bits and pieces, but no new connector to the board and I dont think its reusable since the pins are already in it.

someone with reasonable skill could cut the wires an inch or so outside the connector and then solder wires onto that small length of cable and then insulate them

They could...providing I can find someone who can. Ill ask tomorrow; if I cant find anyone who can do it, Ill just sell off my virpil stuff. There isnt a good enough excuse as to why Virpil cant support their product in a timely manner, especially something so small that I have to and are willing to pay for.

My wallpaper and skins