How to keep F10 radio transmission active all the time?

dmatt76

I can set a new radio item and a radio transmission after chosing the new option from the menu.

However, the radio item stays for the rest of the mission, but the sound file linked to that radio transmission is played only once, with the first use.

How to make the sound file played every time I chose this F10 radio item? I tried everything...

Sorry, I assumed you were using the "Sound to" like most people do with the "F10 Radio Item". You did say "Radio Transmission", my bad.

The principle is the same though. If you set it up as a "Switched Condition", that is what makes it repeatable.

Here is how I set it up and it works repeatably from the F10 radio menu.

1464870931_RepeatableF10RadioTransmission.thumb.jpg.9ea74eb48fd998913c4de377ae7724ac.jpg

Sorry, I assumed you were using the "Sound to" like most people do with the "F10 Radio Item". You did say "Radio Transmission", my bad.

The principle is the same though. If you set it up as a "Switched Condition", that is what makes it repeatable.

Here is how I set it up and it works repeatably from the F10 radio menu.

It doesnt work in my case. It plays the sound file, interrupts it after 1 second and plays it again and interrupts again after 1 second. I can hear only "eeek" "eeek"

I can set a new radio item and a radio transmission after chosing the new option from the menu.

However, the radio item stays for the rest of the mission, but the sound file linked to that radio transmission is played only once, with the first use.

How to make the sound file played every time I chose this F10 radio item? I tried everything...

You will need an additional trigger to turn the flag off after the sound has played.

For example, if your radio menu turns flag 100 on to play the sound, add an additional "Switched Condition" trigger to say "time since flag 100 = 5 seconds (or however long your sound file is) > Flag 100 off.

You will need an additional trigger to turn the flag off after the sound has played.

For example, if your radio menu turns flag 100 on to play the sound, add an additional "Switched Condition" trigger to say "time since flag 100 = 5 seconds (or however long your sound file is) > Flag 100 off.

Mine works fine without another trigger to turn off the flag. I haven't got a lot of other stuff going on at the same time though. Maybe that makes a difference?

Anyway, glad you got it working dmatt76 :thumbup:

From what I've read and seen in youtube vids, you can't infinitely spawn units or groups from the F10 menu using mission editor alone. That requires scripting with MOOSE or MIST apparently.

You can set up a whole bunch of late activated units or groups in the mission editor and spawn each one in sequence. Once they're all spawned in that's it, no more.

Not sure exactly how it would be done though as I haven't tried it myself. Don't know if you would use switched condition or once.

Edited by Hunter_5E

After watching "MOOSE for Dummies - 1. Mission Editor and Script"

I played around and made a simple test mission to see how it works with spawning stuff from the F10 Radio Menu. Very easy to do and works very well. You do need to use "Switched Condition" for the F10 Radio Menu items to make them repeatable.

I used a Ka-50 as the client aircraft but if you don't have it, just change the aircraft type in the editor so you can sit in it and see the tanks spawn in front of you after you use the F10 menu "Tanks" item. Tanks are same coalition so they won't shoot at you.

Tanks will spawn a second or two after using the F10 menu. If you use it again while the first spawns are still alive, they will be deleted and the new ones will spawn in at the original position. You can spawn them as many times as you like. Try it out.

Test mission below, made in DCS stable version, in case you don't use openbeta.

F10 Spawns Moose Test.miz

Still learning... played around some more and realised I had to split the "Do Script" into two parts to allow spawning in multiple instances of the same group.

Having them in the same script box is why the first ones deleted when spawning in the next ones.

Essentially I took the first line from the script and made it run on mission start. That basically declares that "Tanks" are a global spawnable object. (I think... correct me if my terminology is wrong)

Then I put the second line on its own to run when the F10 menu item is used. Voila, multiple spawns without deleting the first ones.

Mission file below for anyone who may be interested.

F10 Spawns Moose Test 2.miz