A10-II Install?

dbw

Are you running Open Beta 2.5.6.55847 ?

If running 2.5.6.52437 you'll need to wait for the next "stable" update or switch to the open beta branch.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Just switch to open beta. It's not like the "stable" version is much more bug free.

Greetings.

I don’t know how to change to beta.

If someone would point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks.

I don’t know how to change to beta.

If someone would point me in the right direction that would be great.

You can find the Open Beta installer in the Downloads > DCS World section of the digitalcombatsimulator.com site.

That link leads to the Open Beta version of the Dedicated Server. Probably not what you were looking for.

OK. Just answered my own question. I just found where the Open Beta stuff is: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/server_beta/

I'm downloading it now to a new SSD drive I got for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Hoping my A-10C II will fly smooth as butter on the Open Beta version.

I will let you know how it went.

Hi. Couple questions:

Does this install a second full DCS on the computer?

If so, Can this second DCS (beta) be installed on the same drive?

Thanks.

Does this install a second full DCS on the computer?

If so, Can this second DCS (beta) be installed on the same drive?

Yes and yes. It is an entirely separate installation. By default, it installs into a different folder in your Program Files directory and also uses its own folder in Saved Games for configs and various other files.

It's worth mentioning that you can also change an existing installation from the Stable branch to OpenBeta, or vice versa, in case you're low on disk space. This is done by passing arguments to the DCS_Updater.exe, and there are some great threads here on the forum giving all the details.

Choose whichever flavor you prefer. ;)

Thanks Yurgon,

I did start a separate install for the beta version before i saw your reply or I would have just changed my current installation to the beta.

I would think I can always remove the non-beta version once I'm sure the beta is functioning fine. Is there a link with instructions on how to do this? I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers.

Looking forward to seeing the Syria module and the new A10-II. Would be nice to see a Viet Nam, Cambodia, Thailand scenery module set in the timeline of the war with an F4.....or perhaps current timeline. Either would be interesting.

Thanks again.

I would think I can always remove the non-beta version once I'm sure the beta is functioning fine. Is there a link with instructions on how to do this? I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers.

You can just uninstall DCS World the same way you would uninstall any other software (Settings -> Apps), while leaving DCS World Open Beta untouched. Afterwards, I'd check if the folder Saved Games\DCS still exists. If so, I'd first rename it, double check that the Open Beta still runs fine and that all your input and other settings are still there, and finally delete the old Saved Games\DCS folder (or back it up in case you have screenshots or configs or missions in it that you'd like to have available later).